1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug reports and technical issues

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, Sep 20, 2011.

1. Hippo8085

Hippo8085 Shaken, not stirred

Popped this one a while ago. That is the very start of the turn, by the way.
    Spoiler :

2. Leoreth

Leoreth Prince of Blood Moderator

Did you continue an old save after an update? Seems to be a savegame compatibility thing.

3. VGL

VGL Deity

I'm playing SVN 730 and for some reason,Brazil doesn't spawn in the 1822

4. DC123456789

DC123456789 Deity

Brazil has a conditional spawn.

5. VGL

VGL Deity

What is the condition?

6. DC123456789

DC123456789 Deity

I think it's something like there have to be cities in Brazil and their controller's stability must be lower than stable.

7. VGL

VGL Deity

Well that sucks b

8. Hippo8085

Hippo8085 Shaken, not stirred

Could easily be. As I say, it was a while ago. I don't think I noticed any strange effects later in the game, but a pop-up is a pop-up.

9. migck

migck Señor de la guerra

Some minor issues, could be more methodical, but...
    Brazilian engineer André Rebouças --> Andr& #233; Rebou& #007;as
    Colombian artist Gabriel Garcia Marquez --> Gabriel Garc& #237;a M& #225;rquez

More about Spanish names: their city name manager is one of the longest and accounts for many cases of conquest, but it's inevitable to miss a few it seems. In southern Italy, Neapolis, Neapel... don't know of more cases, but those should change to N& #225;poles. And for Wien, Vindabona... that should change to Viena. The northern part of Africa is not a contested area for them, but for those rare times they conquer there, if conquering Qart-Hadasht, Carthago, Qartaj... that should change to Cartago. And if the Arabs or Moors have settled Tunis instead, that should change to T& #250;nez

EDIT: ah thanks BenZL43 for listing them all. Pompeii and variants is renamed correctly to Pompeya. I also forgot to mention, last game as Spain the Moors capitulated and got renamed to Spanish Protectorate of Morocco, as expected. But next turn the Kingdom of Castile got renamed to Spanish Empire, since I controlled Funchal I guess, but when this change triggered the Moors got renamed to Viceroyalty of Moors. That doesn't make too much sense, the first name is much better. I don't know if it happens with other vassals' dynamic names once Spain controls the peninsula and becomes an empire, but shouldn't the default 'Viceroyalty of %s1' be used only if there's no other option available?
    In that vein, maybe 'the Moors' could be referred to as 'the Moroccan' once they get beaten out of Spain, or after the Middle Ages.
    Also a tiny error, TXT_KEY_CIV_MAYA_SPANISH_VASSAL should read Di& #243;cesis of Yucat& #225;n EDIT: huh, "diócesis" translates to "diocese", so 'Diocese of Yucat& #225;n' would be fine I guess

10. BenZL43

BenZL43 awkward cat

What's in the CNM now:

Naples, Napoli, Neapel, Neapolis, Nabuli, (Pompeii)
    Wien, Vindobona, Vienne, Vena, Wieden, Viyana, Vienna

Spanish names is the largest (or maybe English is the largest, idrk) because iLangSpanish is inputted as main or secondary language for Spain, Colombia, Peru, Argentina, Portuguese (2nd), Mexico (2nd), Brazil (2nd)

11. morff

morff Warlord

Caught another one:
    Spoiler :

Code:
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "BugEventManager", line 400, in _handleDefaultEvent
      File "CvRFCEventHandler", line 641, in onBeginGameTurn
      File "RiseAndFall", line 1294, in checkTurn
      File "Stability", line 1903, in checkResurrection
      File "Stability", line 2057, in doResurrection
    RuntimeError: unidentifiable C++ exception

And another one:
    Spoiler :

Code:
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "BugEventManager", line 400, in _handleDefaultEvent
      File "CvRFCEventHandler", line 733, in onTechAcquired
      File "Stability", line 83, in onTechAcquired
      File "Stability", line 327, in checkStability
      File "Stability", line 355, in triggerCrisis
      File "Stability", line 365, in territorialCrisis
      File "Stability", line 656, in secedeSingleCity
      File "Stability", line 568, in secedeCities
      File "Stability", line 2002, in resurrectionFromCollapse
      File "Stability", line 2057, in doResurrection
    RuntimeError: unidentifiable C++ exception

12. BenZL43

BenZL43 awkward cat

Your welcome :)
    There's this concept in CNM that I think Rhye has implemented subconciously (or not done in one session and changed his mind between each sessions) that I'd like to call as "Eclipse", where a renamed city gets a new city name that's completely unrelated to that city. This is used to lessen the chance of starting a 3000BC scenario with cities that are literally a ruin and use ruin name (Takht-e-Jamshid, Tell el Dab'a, Babil, Qartaj, etc) upon starting the game. Pompeii to Naples is a perfect example, another one would be Memphis to Cairo.

13. Panopticon

Panopticon Utilitarian

Zoroastrian Male 0 needs an adjective.

14. citis

citis Deity

I try to play a Persian game (latest SVN version), but zoroastrianism is always founded before my spawn in Zongdu, Jerusalem, Afrosiyab, Ankuwash...

15. migck

migck Señor de la guerra

I have a puzzler here. In a pair games I found that at a specific turn the game would CTD with the error report signalling the CvGameCore.dll as the culprit file, no idea why, so i just ditched those games after trying reloads from many different turns prior and finding it was no use.
    This time, i was having such an issue but decided to test why it was happening. Playing as Monty in the 3000BC scenario, SVN 731, switched from Maya, WB shenanigans as usual (I wanted to replay Colombia to see how it's doing now), I had such an unavoidable CTD after the 1300AD turn. I tried deleting some civs in WB to see if it helped, and indeed, after removing Korea from the game by placing some Mongol units on its cities, the game can continue as usual.
    I don't know what's happening, maybe a debug dll could throw more data? I'm attaching the save in case you're interested, I have some saves from turns prior which will also exhibit the same problem when reaching the 1310AD mark.

ADDEND:This is an old one from the 600Ad scenario, in fact I think I've seen it in the regular game's 1000AD scenario too:
    Spoiler :

The horse pasture near Trapezounta has a convenient forest too, impossible through regular means since pastures and forests don't mix, is it intended as a tiny aid to the Byzantines?
    Also, there's also clams there in the 3000BC scenario, but those are missing in 600AD and 1700AD

Attached Files:

16. Manuss

Manuss Sleeping man

Why Jeanne d'Arc borns as a great prophet? Shouldn't she be a great general?

17. Daffy

Daffy Prince

Copied from Wikipedia

Joan of Arc (French: Jeanne d'Arc,[4] IPA: [ʒan daʁk]; ca. 1412[5] – 30 May 1431), nicknamed "The Maid of Orléans" (French: La Pucelle d'Orléans), is considered a heroine of France and a Roman Catholic saint. She was born to a peasant family at Domrémy in north-east France. Joan said she received visions of the Archangel Michael, Saint Margaret and Saint Catherine instructing her to support Charles VII and recover France from English domination late in the Hundred Years' War.

After being convicted,[8] she was burned at the stake on 30 May 1431, dying at about 19 years of age

18. Power_of_Beer

Power_of_Beer Prince

Funny bug:
    Playing as France, whenever I make peace with someone, a Congress is held, and the only participant is the civ that I made peace with :lol:
    I guess its related to their UP, haven't seen this one before. See Screenshot for the Python exception.
    Save is attached, but I'm not sure if its the up to date SVN.

Attached Files:

19. migck

migck Señor de la guerra

Sounds for Zoroastrianism are not correctly set and thus Zoroastrianism founding and propagation, etc, is silent. AudioDefines looks for them under Sounds/Units/ but they are currently residing directly under Sounds/

20. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

In the 3000BC scenario, some of the Argentinian entry is double.

Code:
    BeginPlayer
    	LeaderType=LEADER_SAN_MARTIN
    	CivType=CIVILIZATION_ARGENTINA
    	Team=40
    	PlayableCiv=1
    	LeaderType=LEADER_SAN_MARTIN
    	CivType=CIVILIZATION_ARGENTINA
    	Team=40
    	PlayableCiv=1
    	CivicOption=CIVICOPTION_GOVERNMENT, Civic=CIVIC_AUTOCRACY
    	CivicOption=CIVICOPTION_ORGANIZATION, Civic=CIVIC_REPRESENTATION