Bug reports and technical issues

Leoreth, I recall that Edead solved the master-vassal-war/peace-on-spawn dilemma in SoI. Maybe that would help?

It's only a matter of properly iterating through the vassals as well. Rhye just seems to have forgotten about it.

Did you make an update between saving and loading?
No. I updated, started a new game as Persia, saved it, reloaded it, and it crashed before I could do anything.((I had up to and not including Greece conquered, was destroying Egypt, and was at war with everyone when I saved.))

Could you upload that save and tell me which revision you were using at that point?

I'm testing on the latest SVN version.

Dutch, Portuguese & English troops still spawn on top of the cities (Palembang, Guangzhou, Dhaka, etc.) and expel their garrisons.

Not sure if this is what you exactly intended.
(I had thought they were meant to be spawned outside the cities and expected to attack them)

@Gem Hound: thanks, I'll take a look at it.

@Tomorrow's Dawn: it is intended only for certain occasions (but iirc only for the Portuguese). The reason is that especially the Portuguese have their conquests spread out and if you get conquerors for only one city and have all of China against you afterwards, it won't do much good.

I already have a concept on how to rework the mechanic so you can accept/refuse such a thing (both as colonist and as victim).

Dutch should not spawn on top of Palembang..
At least, in Jakarta. Make it Sundapura (Jayakarta) to Batavia...

Jayakarta would be better on the hill

Yeah, the whole Asian colonial conqueror mechanic is going to be overhauled. But Jakarta is too far west to be on the hill (both tiles are roughly equivalent, you trade off one fish for bananas). Forgot about the Sundapura -> Batavia rename, will add it.

@Tomorrow's Dawn: it is intended only for certain occasions (but iirc only for the Portuguese). The reason is that especially the Portuguese have their conquests spread out and if you get conquerors for only one city and have all of China against you afterwards, it won't do much good.

I already have a concept on how to rework the mechanic so you can accept/refuse such a thing (both as colonist and as victim).

I remember for a previous game I played as China, that the Portuguese conquerors spawned outside of Nanjing and Haojing instead of on top of
(while Indonesia suffered Dutch spawns on top of their cities) Is the mechanic based on specific tiles?

Anyways, respawning seems a lot more common in the latest SVN version now. However, rebirth civilizations still suffer by having to conquer their core cities and subsequently collapsing several turns later. Italy still doesn't last long no matter what it tries to do.

Right, every civ has a set of specific tiles. For some civs the cities there can flip, but if they aren't present, they get army instead.

Who exactly still has to reconquer their cities? The scripted respawns (Persia/Italy), or the randomized ones? I haven't monitored their course of action, but usually when a civ respawns, they control their core when I check afterwards.

Just the Safavids/Italians; they're always quite messed up in every game I play, although the Italians managed to last a little longer this time around.
I don't know why, but they always become incredibly unstable after taking back core territory.

Over the course of my most recent game, Egypt respawned extremely early and England was able to come back too . Also, I thought you might like to know, Greece was able to conquer Armenia & Babylon in the same campaign. Did you add Greek conquerors? They passed Sur by though and Phoenicia became very long-lived. (They were the 3rd most advanced civilization by the Middle Ages!) Also, not sure if this was intended but the newly added Mughals always seem to conquer Mongolia proper after a collapse (Taking back the homeland?). I say don't change this, it's quite interesting. :)

Odd, the Safavids always controlled and held on to Esfahan, Tabriz, Shiraz and Qandahar in my games. Their problem was more that they weren't able to keep up in tech. Italy on the other hand, didn't seem to do so well.

I didn't do anything to encourage the Mughals to go there, they share all maps with India. But I agree, let them if they want to :)

Haha, I guess it is easy currently. When did you update for the last time, i.e. which revision was it? Because I've nerfed their tech rate today.

Wow, AI Babylon getting it's UHV? I mean, good for them and all, but damn. It does seem very easy with the new UP. Especially now that Persia spawns without Monarchy... which maybe should be changed back. I played pretty poorly and got the UHV no problem, but because I took an inefficient tech path and Oracled Code of Laws Persia spawned before I had finished researching Monarchy, so giving it back to Persia not only helps them maintain happiness pre-Calendar but puts a bit more pressure on Babylon. It would at least encourage Babylon to Oracle Monarchy and then research CoL the long way, which should delay a Babylonian UHV and would definitely make it less likely for the AI to get one.

I didn't take Monarchy away from Persia, but I did rewrite the code that checks the tech goals, which (unintentionally) excluded starting techs from being taken into account.

But I had the same observation ... forcing them to oracle Monarchy would definitely be better.

The eastern tile on Cuba (used to be mountain possibly?) is listed as foreign for the US

Edit: Also, in the congresses France took Manchester off England, might be an idea to not allow core cities be put up. They were both at war at the time

Haha, I guess it is easy currently. When did you update for the last time, i.e. which revision was it? Because I've nerfed their tech rate today.

It was the latest revision before today's revision.
They beat me to the Anatolian, Greek, Russian AND Dutch hut, which I'm guessing had something to do with it.

Also, Persians were able to respawn normally in my current game.
I have quite a few bugs to report but I'm going to wait till I win a victory before I post anything.

Top Bottom