Bug Reports and Technical Issues

Are the Portuguese respawning? Otherwise I cannot think of an explanation for this. Definitely made a note to look into it.
Nope, no respawn or anything like that. Portugal did have some colonies in Southern Brazil but that's it.

Really weird.

Hey! Huge RFC fan here and this mod looks great. I'm having some trouble getting it to work though. I have the Steam version, and I switched it to the beta version as suggested. I believe the mod is in the right folder, but when I start the mod it is just the generic game, even though it has the name on the top right. Any suggestions?
RFC1.png
rfc2.png

The location seems right, what does the inside of the directory look like? How did you install the mod (installer, zip download, git...)? How did you launch into the mod (generated shortcut, loading BtS and then launching the mod, double clicking a scenario file)? Have you enabled Python exceptions as explained in the opening post?

The location seems right, what does the inside of the directory look like? How did you install the mod (installer, zip download, git...)? How did you launch into the mod (generated shortcut, loading BtS and then launching the mod, double clicking a scenario file)? Have you enabled Python exceptions as explained in the opening post?

Hi, I installed the file using the installer and then copied the folder into the directory. I tried creating a shortcut as "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe" mod="\RFC Dawn of Civilization" and also loading the game through BtS and then launching the mod, but it goes to the same screen. I enabled Python exceptions just now, nothing came up, same thing as above when I tried to run it.

Here is the inside of the directory:
RFC3.png

Strange. What happens if you go to Private Maps and start the mod through one of the scenario files there?

I'm not sure if I did it right, I think you mean through Worldbuilder. It couldn't find anything in the directory, but when I moved the private maps to a different directory and opened them, it just exited the game.

No, I meant through Windows. If you just open that folder and double-click a scenario file, it should open the mod with that scenario selected.

No, I meant through Windows. If you just open that folder and double-click a scenario file, it should open the mod with that scenario selected.

As far as I can tell this doesn't work with Steam versions. Windows just does the old "What do you want me to open this with??" routine. Selecting the Beyond the Sword exe as the program to use simply starts vanilla BTS.

Go into Steam, right click in your steam list BTS, go to betas, and select original_release_unsupported. This version should likely work.

I can only guess that maybe the installation was incomplete? Maybe try downloading a zip file directly from github, to make sure it's not due to the installer not working properly. Links and instructions are a bit further down in the welcome to DoC thread.

I'm playing this Khmer game on Paragon/Marathon difficulty on game version 1.16.2.
I snatched 2 chinese cities early on and have completed UHV1.
UHV2 and UHV3 are very well in my reach and I'm Stable (+18).
But then the Mongols gets stability issues (no wonder since they conquered everything but my 5 cities all the way to Constantinopel (including India).
So they loose some cities and the Chinese reappear. But in the process the Chinese also snatch my two cities.
If this is not a bug this is the MOST annoying feature in the game right now.
When you are Stable or above you don't expect to loose cities to stability issues some other civ got.
Attached my savegame if anyone is curious.

Attachments

• Suryavarman II AD-1405 Turn 785b.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.7 MB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Before I look into the save, which cities are they? Can you share a screenshot?

Ghuangzhou and Hangzhou

Attachments

• before.JPG
    before.JPG
    890.7 KB · Views: 150
  • after.JPG
    after.JPG
    812 KB · Views: 169
Hi Leoreth.
Sorry for long absence. I had to change computer and i reinstalled CIV short time ago.

I'm playing version 1.16 and it happened some unexpected with Spanish UHV 1: Be first to found a colony in America.
I got both first contact with Aztecs and Inca, and got all their cities.
Then i lost Exploration race and French AI settled Cayenne a couple of turns before i settled Habana.
I got my first UHV anyway.

I looked at your code in victory.py and it seems correct.

# record first colony in the Americas for various UHVs
if not data.isFirstWorldColonized():
if city.getRegionID() in lNorthAmerica + lSouthAmerica:
if iPlayer not in lCivGroups[5]:
data.iFirstNewWorldColony = iPlayer

# second Viking goal: found a city in America by 1100 AD

if isPossible(iVikings, 1):
if iPlayer == iVikings:
win(iVikings, 1)
else:
lose(iVikings, 1)

# first Spanish goal: be the first to found a colony in America

if isPossible(iSpain, 0):
if iPlayer == iSpain:
win(iSpain, 0)
else:
lose(iSpain, 0)

lCivGroups[5] are:

[iMaya, iInca, iAztecs, iAmerica, iArgentina, iBrazil, iCanada] #American

Cayenne is in range [lNorthAmerica + lSouthAmerica]

data.isFirstWorldColonized() was assigned correctly because i got the message "French settled Cayenne elsewhere..."

So, where is the bug?

Hi Leoreth.
Sorry for long absence. I had to change computer and i reinstalled CIV short time ago.

I'm playing version 1.16 and it happened some unexpected with Spanish UHV 1: Be first to found a colony in America.
I got both first contact with Aztecs and Inca, and got all their cities.
Then i lost Exploration race and French AI settled Cayenne a couple of turns before i settled Habana.
I got my first UHV anyway.

I looked at your code in victory.py and it seems correct.

# record first colony in the Americas for various UHVs
if not data.isFirstWorldColonized():
if city.getRegionID() in lNorthAmerica + lSouthAmerica:
if iPlayer not in lCivGroups[5]:
data.iFirstNewWorldColony = iPlayer

# second Viking goal: found a city in America by 1100 AD

if isPossible(iVikings, 1):
if iPlayer == iVikings:
win(iVikings, 1)
else:
lose(iVikings, 1)

# first Spanish goal: be the first to found a colony in America

if isPossible(iSpain, 0):
if iPlayer == iSpain:
win(iSpain, 0)
else:
lose(iSpain, 0)

lCivGroups[5] are:

[iMaya, iInca, iAztecs, iAmerica, iArgentina, iBrazil, iCanada] #American

Cayenne is in range [lNorthAmerica + lSouthAmerica]

data.isFirstWorldColonized() was assigned correctly because i got the message "French settled Cayenne elsewhere..."

So, where is the bug?

Don't know if it's a bug, when I(as China) get paper first of the world by Great Scientist, the victory screen still shows "x".
Can you both upload saves? If they are before the goal is supposed to be triggered/expired, that would help even more, but after is also helpful.

In my Japanese game, the following turn sees the respawn of Korea, despite the fact that I'm only at shaky stability.

Edit: I used Worldbuilder to fix the situation, and the same thing ended up happening several turns later. So I attached a save file of the second instance as well, to give you more to look at if needed.

Attachments

• Japan.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2.6 MB · Views: 119
  • Japan 2.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2.7 MB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Top Bottom