• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Bug Reports - Post Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! I have a gamebreaking problem with my mouse cursor and popup tooltips - they stay behind all menu screens, making them illegible. As example, the popup tooltips in the tech tree stay behind the tech tree itself, making them only party legible where the techtree has its transparent parts.

I use the complete version of CPP with EUI, no other mods, clean installation of Civ5 using Steam on a powerful Win10 rig (Geforce 970).

Is this any known bug? Should I post in the EUI forum or here?

An odd issue I encountered, but not sure if it's a bug or not.

Making peace with an opponent - have a max value and the actual value. I add stuff from HIS side, and the actual value goes up (which makes sense) - I add stuff from my side, and the value goes down.

But if I add lots of stuff from my side first, the actual value goes up in the same way! And the actual value goes down if I add stuff from his side. What the heck? O_o

I don't have a solution for you, but it would probably help if you list the mods you have enabled. Also, maybe check if you have EUI in the right folder (and re-install EUI while you're at it).

After a long hiatus from CivV I am returning to try to pickup from where I left off so at this stage assume my installations to be just the bare minimum unless otherwise advised.
The only mod installed is this using only the EUI version supplied with it, not @bc_1's complete version.

So to be completely clear it is a brand new install from Steam of CivV along with all 6 parts of the Community Patch, nothing else. Although I have also just now added in the hotfix from @iteroi, though that should have no bearing.

Sometimes when new land units are created by a city, it gets ploped on an ocean tile. So the land unit can just walk all over the ocean. This seems to happen a lot, and really messes up the gameplay when my naval units are fighting land units in the ocean.

Hi!!

Yesterday the game crashed to desktop for me, Can i help u to post logs in someway?
i dont really know what log u want?

the Game felt a little erratic when i loaded it on the big computer, not smoth
as it should be (duel map)

i started to play on the laptop with no problem (ofcourse slower)
i loaded the game on desktop with the same mods (hugely much better hardware)
played 10 min then crash (have win8 compatible mode on both computers)

hope i can help in someway?

Make sure your logging is enabled, then post your lua.log and CvMiniDump.dmp.

Update: It did not. Do you need the new Logs/.dmp files?

I don't think that's necessary. I'll forward the ones you've posted to Gazebo and Ilteroi on Github - hopefully, they will be enough to solve the issue.

Hi, I downloaded the most recent version of this mod and then getting frequent random crashes. The crashes either happen when I try to start new game, exit the main menu, or when when an ai leader screen pops up either during my turn, or their turn.

I'm using the community patch with enhanced UI version. The only other modern using is Info addict. I have version 1.0.3.279 of civilization 5 on a 64-bit Windows 10 system and I have all the DLC's.

I also have the game installed on a separate drive from where the mod folder is installed if that is any help.

Post your CvMiniDump.dmp

I keep trying to get the EUI part working but everytime I do my map is missing the city Name Bar. This doesn't apply to all cities and sometimes reloads restores some of them, but never have I had ALL cities showing their UI elements.
As always I clear the cache and moduserdata and reinstall the mod parts again but no matter what I try this bug keeps happening.
I'll admit I haven't read through all the back posts here in the Bug Reports, so apologies if this is a known bug that can be solved by something easy.
I have of course the latest 18/12 release and the Hotfix, though since this is a LUA bug that probably doesn't matter too much.

Make sure your EUI folder is in \Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\assets\DLC. The autoinstaller always assumes this path on the C drive, so it causes problems if you've altered your Steam installation path (i.e., it's on a K drive).

Hi! I have a gamebreaking problem with my mouse cursor and popup tooltips - they stay behind all menu screens, making them illegible. As example, the popup tooltips in the tech tree stay behind the tech tree itself, making them only party legible where the techtree has its transparent parts.

I use the complete version of CPP with EUI, no other mods, clean installation of Civ5 using Steam on a powerful Win10 rig (Geforce 970).

Is this any known bug? Should I post in the EUI forum or here?

See my answer to ExpiredReign above. If that doesn't work, I'd suggest wiping clean your mods folder and reinstalling them again (clearing cache along the way) or even reinstalling civ.

Sometimes when new land units are created by a city, it gets ploped on an ocean tile. So the land unit can just walk all over the ocean. This seems to happen a lot, and really messes up the gameplay when my naval units are fighting land units in the ocean.

Should be fixed in the hotfix - savegame compatible!

So with Xmas break I have time, picked up Civ V to play for a bit. Installed fresh, have several mods from the Steam workshop I installed. Got the Community Patch full install, now I get some bugs.

While hovering over different building icons I'll get an error of nil returned, it's referencing:

\Assets\DLC\UI_bc1\Core\EUI_Tooltips.lua

Error mentions 908, which I'm pretty sure is line number. Function returning error is GetBuildingInvestment [Attempt to call method GetBuildingInvestment (a nil value)]

I can read the code, figure out what it's trying to do but I don't know enough of the internals to debug it, see what's causing conflict, what mod I need to remove.

Just did a full / clean install of Civ V from Steam. After everything set up ran CPP full install exe. Started very first game of Civ, still getting the error (but it now includes faction specific units as well).

I've been getting a bug my past two games in a row where Great Generals never spawn. I'm currently in the modern era and have not seen a single GG either for myself or for the AI, and when I look at the great person generation list I have over 1,000 points out of the 200 needed for one to appear.

I've been getting this problem too.

I didn't with CBP+EUI (4-20ish 2015 version), using the following mods:
-aggressive AI, JFD's two civ packs, some changes to ResearchPercent for gamespeeds

The generals don't spawn after I used CBP+EUI (12-18) and the following:
-aggro AI, JFD's separate civs (16 or so from steam), similar changes to basic files for longer research times

The problem is 'solved' if I play as Prussia and only after I invest in the GG points to get a general. Then my GG is born, and the five generals (from 5000+ GG battle points) come flooding in over the next 3 turns.

When I don't play as Prussia, the generals never spawn.
(When I enter industrial era, I'll buy a GG and see what happens).

So, I guess the problem is related to recent changes in JFD's Prussia civ?

V18.12:

Small UI bug in the Top Panel. Oil tooltip does not exist, and hovering over Oil icon makes the Top Panel tooltips behave funny. Not game breaking, but very annoying. Very likely EUI related, but I could not find the code responsible for the bug (in fact, I noticed the tooltips code block did not change in the last version, so I don't know where the bug is coming from...).

So with Xmas break I have time, picked up Civ V to play for a bit. Installed fresh, have several mods from the Steam workshop I installed. Got the Community Patch full install, now I get some bugs.

While hovering over different building icons I'll get an error of nil returned, it's referencing:

\Assets\DLC\UI_bc1\Core\EUI_Tooltips.lua

Error mentions 908, which I'm pretty sure is line number. Function returning error is GetBuildingInvestment [Attempt to call method GetBuildingInvestment (a nil value)]

I can read the code, figure out what it's trying to do but I don't know enough of the internals to debug it, see what's causing conflict, what mod I need to remove.

Just did a full / clean install of Civ V from Steam. After everything set up ran CPP full install exe. Started very first game of Civ, still getting the error (but it now includes faction specific units as well).

EUI (the bc_1 folder) did not end up in your civ install. Check to make sure it is installing in the DLC folder of your civ installation.

G

Gazebo,

UI_bc1 appears to be there in the correct path

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC\UI_bc1\Core\EUI_Tooltips.lua exists

i wonder why i cannot upgrade my Lancers into Cavalry.
I can build Cavalry, but there is no Ugrade Option for Lancer?

Gazebo,

UI_bc1 appears to be there in the correct path

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC\UI_bc1\Core\EUI_Tooltips.lua exists

Is that your core civ install location? Where is civ installed on your machine?

Also, clear your cache and, in the MODS menu, make sure you are hitting 'Next' not 'back' when enabling mods.

G

Hey guys I'm having some issues with "(1) Community Patch (12-18)" Where it is crashing straight to desktop when clicking next.

Now first of let me start by saying some of these paths will be different as I play the game on Linux,

I have enabled logging and database validates.

Here are some log files, these are generated when the game crashes, I completly remove the Logs and cache folder after each crash.

/home/xiamen/.local/share/Aspyr/Sid Meier's Civilization 5/Logs/Database.log

Code:
[23.755] columns StrategicViewType, TileType are not unique
[23.755] While executing - 'INSERT INTO ArtDefine_StrategicView(StrategicViewType, TileType, Asset) VALUES(?,?,?)'
[57.452] no such table: ContentPackage.LocalizedText
[65.010] columns StrategicViewType, TileType are not unique
[65.010] While executing - 'INSERT INTO ArtDefine_StrategicView(StrategicViewType, TileType, Asset) VALUES(?,?,?)'
[67.870] no such table: ContentPackage.LocalizedText
[77.121] Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
[77.124] Invalid Reference on ArtDefine_Landmarks.LayoutHandler - "SPECIAL" does not exist in ArtDefine_LandmarkTypes
[77.124] Invalid Reference on ArtDefine_Landmarks.LayoutHandler - "SPECIAL" does not exist in ArtDefine_LandmarkTypes
[86.263] Failed Validation.
[87.740] 
-- SQLite Memory Statistics --
Memory Usage:
		[Cur]		[Max]
Malloc:		6463144		48617736
PageCache:	7		13
LookAside:	0		0
Scratch:	0		1

Static Buffer Overflows:
		[TooLarge]	[NoSpace]
PageCache:	6048168		40394424
Scratch:	0		0

Largest Allocations:
Malloc:		261120
PageCache:	1172
Scratch:	6664

Prepared Statements:
Current:		6
------------------------------
[87.805] Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
[87.808] Invalid Reference on ArtDefine_Landmarks.LayoutHandler - "SPECIAL" does not exist in ArtDefine_LandmarkTypes
[87.808] Invalid Reference on ArtDefine_Landmarks.LayoutHandler - "SPECIAL" does not exist in ArtDefine_LandmarkTypes
[87.809] Invalid Reference on ArtDefine_Landmarks.LayoutHandler - "SPECIAL" does not exist in ArtDefine_LandmarkTypes
[87.809] Invalid Reference on ArtDefine_Landmarks.LayoutHandler - "SPECIAL" does not exist in ArtDefine_LandmarkTypes
[96.968] Failed Validation.
[98.433] 
Memory Usage:
		[Cur]		[Max]
Malloc:		6464320		48617736

Static Buffer Overflows:
		[TooLarge]	[NoSpace]
PageCache:	6049344		40394424

Largest Allocations:

Prepared Statements:
[180.411] no such table: CSD

XML.log

Code:
[87.783] **** Validating Game Database *****
[96.968] Performing Localization Checks
[96.968] Checking Tag Format...
[96.968] Note: Tags must only use [A-Z_] characters, start with 'TXT_KEY_', and be under 128 characters long.
[97.009] Validating UnitGameplay2DScripts
[97.009] Missing Entry for UNIT_BARBARIAN_HORSEMAN
[97.010] **** VALIDATION FAILED *****
[97.010] Validation Took 9.227474 seconds
[98.432] **** Validating Prefetch Process *****
[98.432] **** Validation Success *****
[98.432] SetGlobalActionInfo
[98.433] 
Memory Usage:
		[Cur]		[Max]

Static Buffer Overflows:
		[TooLarge]	[NoSpace]

Largest Allocations:

Prepared Statements:

If you require any more information please let me know, I'm trying to spice up my game and get back into Civ after taking a couple of years break.

Edit, Forgot to mention, I only intend to play with this single mod, as the ui changes and other changes to the game the rest of the mods in the pack I downloaded change the game to much for me.

Hey guys I'm having some issues with "(1) Community Patch (12-18)" Where it is crashing straight to desktop when clicking next.

Now first of let me start by saying some of these paths will be different as I play the game on Linux,

I have enabled logging and database validates.

Here are some log files, these are generated when the game crashes, I completly remove the Logs and cache folder after each crash.

/home/xiamen/.local/share/Aspyr/Sid Meier's Civilization 5/Logs/Database.log

Code:
[23.755] columns StrategicViewType, TileType are not unique
[23.755] While executing - 'INSERT INTO ArtDefine_StrategicView(StrategicViewType, TileType, Asset) VALUES(?,?,?)'
[57.452] no such table: ContentPackage.LocalizedText
[65.010] columns StrategicViewType, TileType are not unique
[65.010] While executing - 'INSERT INTO ArtDefine_StrategicView(StrategicViewType, TileType, Asset) VALUES(?,?,?)'
[67.870] no such table: ContentPackage.LocalizedText
[77.121] Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
[86.263] Failed Validation.
[87.740] 
Memory Usage:
		[Cur]		[Max]
Malloc:		6463144		48617736

Static Buffer Overflows:
		[TooLarge]	[NoSpace]
PageCache:	6048168		40394424

Largest Allocations:

Prepared Statements:
[87.805] Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
[96.968] Failed Validation.
[98.433] 
Memory Usage:
		[Cur]		[Max]

Static Buffer Overflows:
		[TooLarge]	[NoSpace]

Largest Allocations:

Prepared Statements:
[180.411] no such table: CSD

XML.log

Code:
[87.783] **** Validating Game Database *****
[96.968] Performing Localization Checks
[96.968] Checking Tag Format...
[96.968] Note: Tags must only use [A-Z_] characters, start with 'TXT_KEY_', and be under 128 characters long.
[97.009] Validating UnitGameplay2DScripts
[97.009] Missing Entry for UNIT_BARBARIAN_HORSEMAN
[97.010] **** VALIDATION FAILED *****
[97.010] Validation Took 9.227474 seconds
[98.432] **** Validating Prefetch Process *****
[98.432] **** Validation Success *****
[98.432] SetGlobalActionInfo
[98.433] 
Memory Usage:
		[Cur]		[Max]

Static Buffer Overflows:
		[TooLarge]	[NoSpace]

Largest Allocations:

Prepared Statements:

If you require any more information please let me know, I'm trying to spice up my game and get back into Civ after taking a couple of years break.

Edit, Forgot to mention, I only intend to play with this single mod, as the ui changes and other changes to the game the rest of the mods in the pack I downloaded change the game to much for me.

Looks like CSD is still in your install folder (or something else). Also, looks like a mac, based on the Aspyr element. If so, you can't run the Community Patch on a mac natively. You'll have to emulate windows to do it.

G

Looks like CSD is still in your install folder (or something else).

I don't know what this CSD is, can you elaborate please, However these are the only files in my MODS folder

Code:
(1) Community Patch  (12-18)
community patch mod compatibility (v 12)

Should I try reinstalling the game, and deleting all local files, just in case I have copied this CSD into a directory?

Also, looks like a mac, based on the Aspyr element. If so, you can't run the Community Patch on a mac natively. You'll have to emulate windows to do it.

Would please explain why?

Is that your core civ install location? Where is civ installed on your machine?

Also, clear your cache and, in the MODS menu, make sure you are hitting 'Next' not 'back' when enabling mods.

G

Yes, that's the install path (default settings for Steam). Cache was empty, I had un-installed the game, deleted any files that were remaining from Steam, then deleted the entire Civ V directory from \Documents\my games\ etc.

After doing all that, I re-installed Civ V, then installed CPP. Got the same error.

Thanks for your help

I don't know what this CSD is, can you elaborate please, However these are the only files in my MODS folder

Code:
(1) Community Patch  (12-18)
community patch mod compatibility (v 12)

Should I try reinstalling the game, and deleting all local files, just in case I have copied this CSD into a directory?

Would please explain why?

You cannot run DLLs on a mac. DLLs are windows-only (this is in the install instructions).

After doing all that, I re-installed Civ V, then installed CPP. Got the same error.

You are positive that you are enabling all of the CPP mods and clicking 'next,' yes? Not clicking back in the mods menu?

G

You cannot run DLLs on a mac. DLLs are windows-only (this is in the install instructions).

Well that makes total sense, same will be the same on linux. Seems like I have wasted your time with not being able to read the install instructions properly.

Is there no option into making this mod into a non DLL version?

I don't think that's necessary. I'll forward the ones you've posted to Gazebo and Ilteroi on Github - hopefully, they will be enough to solve the issue.

Thanks!

Well that makes total sense, same will be the same on linux. Seems like I have wasted your time with not being able to read the install instructions properly.

Is there no option into making this mod into a non DLL version?

Nope. All changes come from the DLL. Sorry!

There are emulation offerings available (such as WINE) - other users have had success doing this.

G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom