Bug Reports

played a lil of 4.02

- Jungle can be chopped down before reaching Bronze Working if its working as intended then the message displayed is wrong hehe

- Tribe Hut provides settlers to city states

Forest and Jungle can be chopped with Wood Clearing.
Yip its a bug that the minor civs can built the Tribe Hut, dont understand why.
Will need a look what can be done to avoid this.;)

played a lil of 4.02

- Jungle can be chopped down before reaching Bronze Working if its working as intended then the message displayed is wrong hehe

- Tribe Hut provides settlers to city states

Here is an idea:

City-States should have the ability to gain settlers for free throughout the game by such unique buildings. CSs should have a unique Palace that produces a secondary Palace in each founded city, so as to stop the founding CSs (or anyone else) from destroying them. City-States should have the ability to found up to six cities in this fashion.

Using the Revolutions mod, we could create a system whereby a revolution or v Worlt Congress resolution may cause a City-State to become a full-fledged nation, with all the characteristics of a regular Civ; the reverse can also happen, but more rarely.

Forest and Jungle can be chopped with Wood Clearing.
Yip its a bug that the minor civs can built the Tribe Hut, dont understand why.
Will need a look what can be done to avoid this.;)

Well you can chop it and then queue Plantation but you cant build a plantation directly. There is a text that says "Bronze working is required to chop down jungle" when you try to build it directly ... probably hampers the ai ability to build plantations early on :)

Ok I know whhy the AI does nothing.

When you start a new game (ancient era), you can't build anything but caveman for a while.
So If the AI build Huts and get free cavemans plus they make lot of cavemans because they can't do anthing else, they got negative gold balance, and it means zero science output, and you win the whole game.

So this part of the game is broken I think.

Ok I know what is the problem.
When you start a new game (ancient era), you can't build anything but caveman for a while.
So If the AI build Huts and get free cavemans plus they make lot of caveman because they can't do anthing else, they got negative gold balance, and it means zero science output, and you win the whole game.

So this part of the game is broken I think.

For the moment maybe, but it depends on the ai.
It could also be that the ai get in unhappiness on your game level while started with 3 cities and then didnt stabilizied ther happiness value.
Easy resoltion will be ether a limit per player for the cavemans or adding wealth (in that case a lower version) to the early techs to avoid minus gold income.

It could also be that the ai get in unhappiness on your game level while started with 3 cities and then didnt stabilizied ther happiness value.
Easy resoltion will be ether a limit per player for the cavemans or adding wealth (in that case a lower version) to the early techs to avoid minus gold income.

Yeah.
I started a new game and jumped into the classical era, I hope (until your fix) it will fix this issue. I really like the ancient era where you see nothing on the map.

Limit # of cavemens seems a lot wiser long term but AI would need a Gold to Science to build, or whatever, something weak to fill the gaps... well something it could build during the downtime between new tech.

Hey Gilgamesch,

I noticed the AI research bonus (research percentage) is reduced on deity. I mean the AI's research is very slow even if he has more sience output than I have.
I would like to change the AI research bonus back to 100%.
Can you tell me please which row is it and where can I find it?

The reasearch bonus is not changed for the ai.
There is also no line for changing this directly.

Yust to be sure, 100% means normal 120% means take longer and 80% would mean the ai reaearch level is faster (only need 80 of 100%)

So I used your last 2 modified files (caveman limit and working process convert) and the AI doesn't spamming cavemans, so it's working.
But this tech thing is still exist.
I started a new game because I wanted to show you the graphics. I checked by the IGE too.
It seems the AI's don't research at all, and if you can see they have lot of science output.
I could do more turns but it won't change. Is it happening only with me?
I played with India

The graphs:

Spoiler :
Névtelen.jpg

Spoiler :
tech 1.jpg

Spoiler :
Névtelen2.jpg

I wrote about ReverseEngineering (RE)in another thread, before i released 4.02.
What you have encountered, when you, what i think play with RE, is that you discover technologies faster, when other civilisations that you have met, have already discovered.
So its true they make more science, but if you will be a head in sience it will be the other side.

Hope this helps. Oh when you dont wanna play with this featue, move RE just out the folder of CCTP, you can everytime even for savegames this reable.

I deleted the ReverseEngeneering file, started a new game, I deleted the cache and moduserdata too, but nothing changed. :(
Maybe the game hates me.

I deleted the ReverseEngeneering file, started a new game, I deleted the cache and moduserdata too, but nothing changed. :(
Maybe the game hates me.

On what difficulty and what map size you play?

Ok that explains.
The ai does not gain enough early happines on diety.
Ether while they not discover enough natural wonders or while they start with 3 cities (and get to early settlers).
The ai has this problem not on huge maps iam playing on.
Try a lower setting, maybe this will help.

I wrote about ReverseEngineering (RE)in another thread, before i released 4.02.
What you have encountered, when you, what i think play with RE, is that you discover technologies faster, when other civilisations that you have met, have already discovered.
So its true they make more science, but if you will be a head in sience it will be the other side.

Hope this helps. Oh when you dont wanna play with this featue, move RE just out the folder of CCTP, you can everytime even for savegames this reable.

i couldn't find this file anywhere?

anyway the test

game settings

austria - huge map - play the world map script - quick - cctp 4.02 with the 2 new files added.

manpower appears before you have researched fire?

creation works great but maybe have it become obsolete once you reach the medieval era?

city state caveman go on a tile with ancient ruins but they don't receieve its bonus or is that normal?

i can build the caves of laqrox without being near a mountain

ai is a little better now they are expanding, offering to trade, begging for resources their not building wonders much though and their still losing a lot of gold per turn some are down to -30

Here is an idea:

City-States should have the ability to gain settlers for free throughout the game by such unique buildings. CSs should have a unique Palace that produces a secondary Palace in each founded city, so as to stop the founding CSs (or anyone else) from destroying them. City-States should have the ability to found up to six cities in this fashion.

Using the Revolutions mod, we could create a system whereby a revolution or v Worlt Congress resolution may cause a City-State to become a full-fledged nation, with all the characteristics of a regular Civ; the reverse can also happen, but more rarely.

Is this worth discussing? We should train CSs on how to use settlers.

Dear Gilgamesh,

I didn't give up, because I would like to play with this fantastic mod.
I tried lot of map types and size (Huge, Large, Normal, Small), with CSs and without CSs, normal and quick pace, I reinstalled the mod, Reinstalled the whole game and even my windows too.

No luck :(

test continues

city states build settlers but they don't use them they just sit inside the city. didn't even know cs can build them?

i can build lumberjacks in cities without forest or jungles

i'm well into the medieval era now and the ai only have 2 cities each and are full of caveman. they never evolve though.

Dear Gilgamesh,

I didn't give up, because I would like to play with this fantastic mod.
I tried lot of map types and size (Huge, Large, Normal, Small), with CSs and without CSs, normal and quick pace, I reinstalled the mod, Reinstalled the whole game and even my windows too.

No luck :(

Wow a reinstall of windows, i dont think that this will bring any changes the same for reinstalling civilisation.
Next time go to steam and verify your gamedata. This will be less easier to do.
Also cleaning the cache can work wonder, but i dont think this will be the case here.
My problem here is, that i must to know what happen.
For me would be the best if i can get more logs of your games.

Like i said before in my test games the ai is a danger, but i played peacefully.
test continues

city states build settlers but they don't use them they just sit inside the city. didn't even know cs can build them?

i can build lumberjacks in cities without forest or jungles

i'm well into the medieval era now and the ai only have 2 cities each and are full of caveman. they never evolve though.

CS cant build settlers, they get the settler while creating tribe hut, tribe hut has a overwrite for cs, so dont understand why they still can build it.

For the lumber jack, jes you can build it without a forrest in the near, but its propost to give bonus on forest/jungles .
Anyway to limit it to a forest would need lua coding.
Also please more infos, you played mapsize, difficulty....

Top Bottom