Bug Reports

I did choose the +1 culture for shrines, for the pantheon. I also chose Pagodas, which give +2 culture. About 13 cities. Using a lot of writers to obtain culture, did not help either. The last writers were giving over 20,000 culture. Winning The World Fair competition made it so high, I was choosing new policies every turn, with just the ideology category being the one policy tree left.

Thanks, with the includig of the old CCTP policies but reorganited we should solve this problem.

For a overall balance i would like also to reduce some culture outputs.
Will put it on the list.

Here are three bugs I encountered recently:

1. The espionage screen has stopped working. It only shows one of my cities (and none belonging to the AI) and clicking the "move" button on any of the agents does nothing. I enabled logging and found this in Lua.log:

Code:
[2464.456] EspionageOverview: Refreshing My Cities
[2464.456] Runtime Error: Assets\DLC\Expansion2\UI\InGame\Popups\EspionageOverview.lua:843: bad argument #2 to 'Lookup' (Argument must be [boolean, number, or string].)

I'm not even sure that this is related to the mod. So far I've only played two games with BNW, one with CCTP and one without any mods, and this is the first time I've seen this bug.

2. Sometimes I find that I can't set production in a city because the "choose production" buttons stop working (both the big orange button and the one in the city screen). And then the game won't let me end my turn because the big orange button never goes away. The good news is that saving and reloading fixes the problem.

3. Upon researching Ocean Pioneering, I can build two similar buildings, both called "East India Company." IIRC, one costs slightly more, requires a market in every city (instead of at least three docks), and provides slightly less gold. Only one version is listed in the Civilopedia and appears in the tech description.

1. The espionage screen has stopped working. It only shows one of my cities (and none belonging to the AI) and clicking the "move" button on any of the agents does nothing. I enabled logging and found this in Lua.log:

Code:
[2464.456] Runtime Error: Assets\DLC\Expansion2\UI\InGame\Popups\EspionageOverview.lua:843: bad argument #2 to 'Lookup' (Argument must be [boolean, number, or string].)

I'm not even sure that this is related to the mod. So far I've only played two games with BNW, one with CCTP and one without any mods, and this is the first time I've seen this bug.

2. Sometimes I find that I can't set production in a city because the "choose production" buttons stop working (both the big orange button and the one in the city screen). And then the game won't let me end my turn because the big orange button never goes away. The good news is that saving and reloading fixes the problem.

3. Upon researching Ocean Pioneering, I can build two similar buildings, both called "East India Company." IIRC, one costs slightly more, requires a market in every city (instead of at least three docks), and provides slightly less gold. Only one version is listed in the Civilopedia and appears in the tech description.

I can confirm number one, sadly I forget to turn on the log....
Trickster3

I'm not able to see the tech tree for the last two (future) eras. Can someone post screenshot of the tech trees for me to work off of?

Code:

!. This is new for me, do you play with the beta patch?

2. Also new to me, sounds like a lua incompatibility. More strange when reloading fixing it.

3. Yes the Wonder is doubled (since BNW has add it to the game, we just need to remove our version, overseen it)

Can you send me the database and the lua log, i wannt to know why you encountered this bugs.

Code:
	-- Constructing strBuildingTT and strWonderTT
	for building in GameInfo.Buildings() do
		local thisBuildingClass = GameInfo.BuildingClasses[building.BuildingClass];
		local buildingID = building.ID;
		local iEspionageMod = pCity:GetBuildingEspionageModifier(buildingID);
		local iGlobalEspionageMod = pCity:GetBuildingGlobalEspionageModifier(buildingID);

if (pCity:IsHasBuilding(buildingID)) then
			if (iEspionageMod and iEspionageMod ~= 0) then
				strBuildingTT = strBuildingTT .. "[NEWLINE]";
				strBuildingTT = strBuildingTT .. Locale.Lookup("TXT_KEY_EO_POTENTIAL_BUILDING_MOD_ENTRY", building.Description, iEspionageMod);
			end

This is where the lua error come from. Didnt changed this file so i have to look what causes this.

!. This is new for me, do you play with the beta patch?

2. Also new to me, sounds like a lua incompatibility. More strange when reloading fixing it.

3. Yes the Wonder is doubled (since BNW has add it to the game, we just need to remove our version, overseen it)

Can you send me the database and the lua log, i wannt to know why you encountered this bugs.

Code:
	-- Constructing strBuildingTT and strWonderTT
	for building in GameInfo.Buildings() do
		local thisBuildingClass = GameInfo.BuildingClasses[building.BuildingClass];
		local buildingID = building.ID;
		local iEspionageMod = pCity:GetBuildingEspionageModifier(buildingID);
		local iGlobalEspionageMod = pCity:GetBuildingGlobalEspionageModifier(buildingID);

if (pCity:IsHasBuilding(buildingID)) then
			if (iEspionageMod and iEspionageMod ~= 0) then
				strBuildingTT = strBuildingTT .. "[NEWLINE]";
				strBuildingTT = strBuildingTT .. Locale.Lookup("TXT_KEY_EO_POTENTIAL_BUILDING_MOD_ENTRY", building.Description, iEspionageMod);
			end

This is where the lua error come from. Didnt changed this file so i have to look what causes this.

I played around with the espionage screen bug some more this evening and managed to determine its source. The problem is that the espionage screen tries to load a description for buildings that affect your city's tech-stealing potential (the description is used in the little pop-up that appears when you mouse over a city's potential). CCTP has a dummy building that affects the potential but doesn't have a description.

I verified this by inserting a dummy description (specifically I used "<Description>TXT_KEY_BUILDING_ARTILLERY_RANGE</Description>") for each building in CCTP_DummyBuildings.xml. The espionage screen now works properly, and shows "Artillery Range: -10%" in the mouse over info, which makes me think that the issue comes from whichever dummy building is added by the Golden Throne policy.

Trickster3, did you take Golden Throne before the bug appeared?

Here are the Database and Lua log files. Lastly, I am not using the beta fall patch (in fact I didn't even know it existed!).

Attachments

• Database.txt
    6.4 KB · Views: 90
  • Lua.txt
    10.7 KB · Views: 76
Thanks, ok the reason why the dummy buildings has not text is because they should be invisible.
But when this bring bugs with it, it need to be changed.
Very nice from you to help finding what is wrong, saved me a lot of time.

Will make a propper text update for Golden Throne and other dumies if still needed.

I'm embarrassed to say ittook me a day or two to find where the logs are at...

Anyway,

Turn 284 - First Spies in the game:
1) Cannot "Move" a spy
2) the city list, both mine and the AI shows only 1 city.

(hoping they are attached)

PS I noticed that I am the only one building wonders.....literally......

Attachments

• Logs.rar
    777.6 KB · Views: 72
Where are the two new files you mentioned(somewhere on some thread i lost track of)?

Thoroughly enjoying the mod, much better game.

I'm embarrassed to say ittook me a day or two to find where the logs are at...

Anyway,

Turn 284 - First Spies in the game:
1) Cannot "Move" a spy
2) the city list, both mine and the AI shows only 1 city.

(hoping they are attached)

PS I noticed that I am the only one building wonders.....literally......

Furthermore, despite the fact that I am deliberately bleeding huge amounts of science to the AI (by Trade Routes), I am still 70 techs ahead of the AI leader. And this is on King, where in CCtP it traditionally takes a long time to become a runaway.

Must admit I have been reading a lot on the forums and I recently downloaded your awesome mod but everytime the same things happen..

1)Ai builds waaay to many units so is always on negative cash and thus never does research

2)Even on Emperor difficulty Im the only one building world wonders

3)Ai and city states rarely build workers or improve the land around them so never have luxuary or strategic resources.

After 300 turns the Ai only had 2-3 cities per player and I think that was because they found the settlers in ruins. Not one had any workers or units other than barbarians and fire eaters.

Fully understand how your time is very restricted. Any ideas how long till these problems are fixed. This is pretty much everything I love in your mod and im dying for a fully working version. Im happy to play with bugs too if the AI just developed and became a threat etc.

Keep up the great work :)

Any ideas how long till these problems are fixed. This is pretty much everything I love in your mod and im dying for a fully working version. Im happy to play with bugs too if the AI just developed and became a threat etc.

Keep up the great work :)

Well, first i will have to look what the fall patch has changed/broken, and then i must check if the damn ai problem is fixed (tried some changes but didnt get the time to test it complete lol).
But i know you folk outthere like to get a bugfree working version and i wil try to do my best, when i can manage some free time this weekend i will release a new version next week.

Was this mod fixed? I seen a new thread opened up talking about re doing social policies but Im still hoping we can have a working copy of the current one. Im bored of vanilla civ and the other mods just dont compare to this one. Wish I knew how to make mods etc to help out lol

Was this mod fixed? I seen a new thread opened up talking about re doing social policies but Im still hoping we can have a working copy of the current one. Im bored of vanilla civ and the other mods just dont compare to this one. Wish I knew how to make mods etc to help out lol

The last uploaded version was a beta, playable but with some ai flavor problems and some text misspelllings/false text.
To be fair didnt played for weaks CiV, to many RL stuff and so i played some other and old new games. ;=)

But since i love this game and this mod, i will bumb a new polished version of CCTP.
Cant give you a timeline but will be before :santa2:

Lol lets hope it will be soon.....

Heads up folk;)
and thanks for all the response.

I have too say its nice to see you back and hope everything is going good for you now, looking forward to playing the best mod ever again.

I'm also really enjoying the mod and I can't wait for it to get better. Here's a little problem that you've probably already fixed. It seems that the Temple of Mars building in the released build is not connected to a pantheon nor does it provide the experience it should when it is built. I've done a little tinkering and fixed this in my own game by connecting it to the God of War pantheon. A pretty bad idea for me since it will be gone by the second pantheon without doubt. :D The rest are invariably the great person improvement pantheons. I think the AI might be to heavily weighted towards picking these.

These new religious beliefs can get a little crazy. Picture Egypt with +2 hammers from wonders, Tithe and the Reformation Tithe 2.0, +2 hammers from great person improvements and I think I even got an extra 10% to wonder construction in there. It was only prince but I had all the wonders but the 2 or 3 I didn't care about and easily 100 more Great People than the AI. This was made even more insane by the bonuses of the Golden Age I was in constantly due to 200+ happiness and enough culture to fill almost every policy branch and pick the free Golden Ages. I was actually worried that because I didn't have Policy Saving on I might crash my game.

This was a deliberate attempt at cheesing the game after looking at the new religions but I do think it shows some real balance issues. That's a lot of words for my first post but I really like this mod so I think it's worth it. :)

Hi. love that there is a conversion mod for BnW! Downloaded the 4.02 v.1
Got a minor bug, that pups up. After clicking ok buton theres no problem. But it keeps puping up if you wanna look at the tech tree or if you just click on the science symbol when you advance.

It says: Unable to load texture[Expscen_BuildingPortrait45.dds]

Perhaps i´m missing a file that I should download, otherwise there maybe just a minor problem in that file.

BR Loffas

Hello. I have this bug:
http://savepic.net/4059637.jpg

CCTP V.4.02, Huge map, 20 civs, gamespeed epic, Deity.
Turn 333, 16 civs not learn any technologies. I have 20 technologies, they have 4.

My english is bad, I try to explain :)

1. If I don't see another civs, like unknown player, they don't learn any technologies or learn but very very slowly, they only build towns and army, If I contact with any civ, they after 50+ turns begin to learn technologies normally. On this game I started on island alone.

2. AI build army very lot. And have negative balance. Like -66, -100 and more. And not learn any technologies (may be because of this).

Thank you.

Top Bottom