1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Reports

Discussion in 'Civ 5 - Community Call to Power project' started by Horem, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Leere

Leere Chieftain

Hmm. I think it's a known bug. But in your explanation 1st point isn't needed => with this much income it's natural, that AI cannot research anything, you guess it yourself too. If you contact them they don't learn tech's, but steal(reverse engineering or something like this).

2. Gilgamesch

Gilgamesch Ancient Alien

Thanks for the report, its a known bug with the ai flavor of the expended CCTP techtree.

Should be changed with the next update.

Also not all phasings are completly balanced right now, standard and marathon should be the first picks here....#

3. mysterionmombat

mysterionmombat Chieftain

I loaded a saved game for the 1st time since installing this mod (noob here). Everything went fine (combat,city manage ect.), but when i hit next turn it just freezes. I got a random error message from win7 and i have to bring up task manager to turn off the game.
    I use only CCTP 4.02, UI - Enhanced Rankings and IGE.

Attached Files:

4. Gilgamesch

Gilgamesch Ancient Alien

Ok many problems in the logs, quick question do you have Brave New Worlds installed?

5. Leere

Leere Chieftain

G&K only... In another topic he say so... i think...

6. Gilgamesch

Gilgamesch Ancient Alien

Ok thanks, thats what i guessed so far.

This mod is only compatible with Brave new Worlds.
    All other version (old) that worked with G&K where broken due patches and new mechanics (thanks firaxis).

To be honest i dont have the time to make CCTP G&K compatible sorry, iam happy when i will upload the BnW update this days.

7. mysterionmombat

mysterionmombat Chieftain

Thanks guys, im already downloading the BNW. I want to play this mod badly!:crazyeye:

8. BackseatTyrant

BackseatTyrant Queer Anarchotranshumanist

I don't know if anyone has reported this already, but I'd just like to say that selecting Radio will crash the game. Does anyone else have a problem with this?

To clarify, I decided to set my game to begin in the modern age, because I didn't want to run through the historical eras. When I found out that I hadn't discovered radio yet, an Industrial era tech, I decided to select that for research. That was when I got a popup message saying that Civ5 has stopped working and needed to be shut down.

9. Gilgamesch

Gilgamesch Ancient Alien

Please provide me your log files....

Also what version are you running 4.02? If yes radio dont should break the game.
    Cant provide propper help without more informations (logfiles database)

10. 3nDyM10n

3nDyM10n Chieftain

I'm trying to determine if it has something to do with the number of wonders I built in a single town or a specific wonder, but when I built Temple of Heaven, all of my building graphics (for my capital) went missing from the map. There's just an empty hex. Other cities are fine.

I built 23 wonders in my capital and I just reached Classical era. I tried editing my city with IGE and removed all buildings and wonders. It fixed the graphics on load but when I started adding wonders a random combination of different numbers of wonders (and different wonders) would make my city disappear again. Feels kinda stupid to play the next 6000 years with a famous Grassland called Thebes :)

EDIT: also happened on city founding right from the beginning. added pics.

picture of capital

similar, but with visible building shadows

11. draedan

draedan Chieftain

was turn 6 or 7 I guess.
    I have found my first city.
    my caveman wanders around and found a settler from ruins :D at that turn of course i wouldn't build any city, and also they can not join a city, so it will fortify for a long time.

I'm sure it is a bug :D
    this is 4.02 btw

12. Malice805

Malice805 Chieftain

I have the same issue with certain cities not showing on the map. running 4.02. Its kind of random. My capital city is gone but some of the newer cities I founded do it also.
    Love the mod ! ty

13. Leere

Leere Chieftain

Just want to know already a date of release of a next version... My actions just like one of a maniac(addict?) - many f5 button pushes at cctp project page every f*cking day xD
    PS - I know, i'm a leecher and all, but... hope all will go well.

14. draedan

draedan Chieftain

v 4.02

turn 130s .. playing at emperor.
    I am the ruler of world , ranked 1 in everything except military ( last ranked ).

for a long time, the other guys have been losing golds each turn, they haven't formed a 2nd city ( I have 3 cities , and can build more , happiness +13 ).

For a long time, I had not choice but to build a caveman or scout , I have been doing that and then destroying them to avoid making negative gold. I guess AI is not clever to that and they have so many wandering cavemen around that makes their economy so bad.

This might be confusing for AI :D might need to check .

I will play a new game in harder mode , let's see if it repeats itself.

15. Gilgamesch

Gilgamesch Ancient Alien

I realy honor your writings, but please give me (us) logs when reporting proplems.
    Pack or Zip them and attach or send sem to me, this will help more then 1000 words thank you;)

16. Leere

Leere Chieftain

Gilga, say for stupid me - where can i get logs for you?) It's just i suddenly 2 times in a row catched rare "sudden death" bug - I think my settler and caveman respawned on a mountains... ai folder removed. Before(forget how to survive, tested myself for 30 turns) played normally, thought it were smallest mountain map, nex were bigger. It's frustrating...
    Somehow barbarian cavemans(not in camps, if will see again - will say) now have 8 power... another game - normal, 5 power... dunno... imagination, may be? But there were so many of them... lol don't remember what save it was thought... it will be mystery forever.
    Edit: Solved, it's an error in icons in strategy mode(f10).
    About bot's: without ai folder they(thought it's 60 turn only) they are doing fine in almost all aspects, but don't research any tech's. Sometimes thy get them from the ruins or reverse engineering, but with research points they have for 60 turn's to not get anything... will provide save file in evening(my evening), del next... forgot what it is, but will find.
    View attachment AutoSave_0050 ?. ?? ?.?. 8000.Civ5Save 50th turn.. nothing changes at all after 10 turns anyway. Another mods - advanced promotions and unlim exp from barbarians... and prophet.. forgot, nothing that deal critical changes.
    Forgot - celts have no bonus at start(when town near forest tiles).

17. draedan

draedan Chieftain

found this from a wiki :

Look for the following files under My Documents/My Games/Sid Meiers' Civilization V and open them in a text editor like the notepad (not in a word processor).

config.ini
    Set EnableTuner to 1. Civ5 will duplicate the Lua output to FireTuner this one is when present.
    Set LoggingEnabled to 1. Civ5 will write log files under the Logs folder.
    Set EnableLuaDebugLibrary to 1. Civ5 will display stack traces on Lua errors and you will be able to use the debug object.
    Set DebugPanel to 1. By pressing the ² key (may be ù or something else depending on your computer's language) during a game, Civ5 will display a debug panel.
    usersettings.ini
    Set DebugMode to 1. Needed to enable other features previously mentioned.

Checking the logs

If you correctly set up your #Configuration, whenever you start a game, Civ5 saves some logs under My Games/Sid Medier's Civilization V/cache/Civ5DebugDatabase.db.

18. draedan

draedan Chieftain

Gilga ,

I think you should remove finding Settlers and improving weapons from Ruins.
    They are way overpowered . In your game you can't build Spearman for a LOOOOONG time , but the ruins let you find them ( warrior then by improving their weapons ) .

Same for settlers , it takes long time to build and even a technology, but ruins give you for free and multiple..

19. Leere

Leere Chieftain

about improving weapons - agree, barb will no longer spawn with warriors, when you have only caveman xD. But techs and settlers... why? It's okay i think.
    Edit - Thanks for info.

20. draedan

draedan Chieftain

only 7 religion can be founded , is this intentional ?
    And also, if you do not spend point on Religion Policy , you will surely loose the opportunity to find religion due to low number of available religions and AI go straight for it.

EDIT :

I've just tested if I can find religion in time , playing at 7th challenge point , no way I am near to get it... at turn 42 they have started to find religions, and I have 97 points , gaining 6 each turn.

less religion is good for challenge, but either they are gaining so fast or this allowed religion number should be increased.