1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Reports

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - Medieval: Conquests' started by Kailric, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Nightinggale

Nightinggale Chieftain Supporter

I just encountered an assert, investigated and fixed it. It turned out that the natives tried to sell -95 weapons for the price of 5. Sounds like a real bargain :lol:

Either way it resulted in negative yields being stored in a city, hence the assert. I made the AI check for stored yields it's willing to sell. The problem was one check for stored yields without checking if the city wanted to sell it.

2. Kailric

Kailric Jack of All Trades

Yeah, I would agree that is a bit too soon. I think that Holy Wars are only instigated by the Pope. If the Pope doesn't like you he will look for someone that will declare holy war on you. But yeah, players should have a certain amount of time before such things takes place, at least at lower difficulties. How was your relations to the Pope?

3. Kailric

Ah, nice. That was one of the bugs reported by Tradewinds. I hadn't taken the time yet to investigate, and now I don't need too :goodjob:

4. Nightinggale

I think it was -4, but that in itself is an issue because I never did anything to offend the pope. He was just upset from the start for no reason.

I think it could be useful to have a thread for the test build where discussions can take place related to this build. This thread is a more general bug thread.

I just encountered the "empty" diplomatic screen and a bit of quick debugging reveal that it would appear that delayed response has nothing to do with it. The diplo event contains the correct data. It would appear that the actual bug is that the game fails to add text to the event even though it knows what the event is. I suspect that the bug is actually in the diplo XML file where some civs have lost their strings for this offer.

5. Trade Winds

Trade Winds Chieftain

I think this is a new one:

Assert Failed

File: CvUnit.cpp
    Line: 11634
    Expression: false

I did enable all that, but I don't get the window you say.

Attached Files:

6. Nightinggale

I started a new thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=13854652#post13854652

People should start to post there instead of this thread. The issues that might appear with this test build can easily be more like design issues than bugs. The empty diplo event certainly is and I wrote about that one. Everybody can contribute to a fix even without any programming skills :)

I will look at the profession assert next.
    EDIT: I don't get that assert :(

7. mastrude

mastrude Paraclete of Kaborka

I’m playing version 2.5.4.2.

I’ve been choosing to play the custom game, because I have more room and don’t need to go to war with neighbors usually. But I’ve had a bunch of wasted games (where I could win, but the game prevents me) recently, and if I’m going to be able to enjoy the game I need to know what the victory conditions mean. I would think there should be a section of “game concepts” that explains victory, but I haven't found one. The three explicit victory conditions are “Emperor”, “Time” and “Conquest”. What I thought they meant is this: An Emperor victory means you established a kingdom and wiped out the Emperor’s invading force. A Time victory might mean that you survived to the turn limit plus the 100 turns of potential fighting. A Conquest victory might mean that you beat the other local kingdoms.

But they don’t seem to, and I’m not sure the three victory condition checkboxes are connected to anything at all. Last night I won a “Time” victory at the end of 300 turns, even though the “time” checkbox wasn’t checked. Three or four other times, “Emperor” and “Conquest” were checked and I was the only local empire builder from the start of the game. At the end of 300 turns I was ready to fight, but the game declared that I had won, without any fighting.

What’s going on? Am I blind that, so the victory conditions are explained and I just haven’t found them in the XML, or what?

Come to think of it, what explains victory in the XML for default, non-custom, games?

8. Kailric

Yeah, the victory conditions where in the making at that time, but the victories are just as you describe them. However, the mod wasn't designed with custom settings in mind so when using those there are issues. This needs to be adjusted so that custom games will work just fine and is something we can fix in the next version.

9. Lib.Spi't

Lib.Spi't Overlord of the Wasteland

Ok this is the error that accompanies the crash at the Civ Select screen.

Assert Failed File:
    CvGlobals.cpp Line: 625
    Expression: e>-1

I know we have solved this problem in the past, I just cannot remember or find the solution on the forums!

10. Nightinggale

I don't have e>-1 in line 625. I have it in 616 (worldInfo) and 637 (ClimateInfo). The game attempts to read one of them using an invalid ID, hence it tries to read xml data from unallocated memory, which windows detects as a security risk and crashes the game in self defense.

I suspect that last game was in RaR using a map size not used in M:C. This would cause e to become NO_WORLD or -1 in line 616. The answer would be to move CivilizationIV.ini to a new location and start the game again. If that fixes the problem, then I would be interested in getting that file and see if I can protect the game from crashing.

11. Kailric

Or perhaps the wrong map is selected. You should only use maps supplied with the download.

12. Lib.Spi't

Map selection comes after Civ selection though right?

I am waiting to hear back from knuckle to see if night's suggestion fixes it.

13. Lib.Spi't

Ok this is the error that accompanies the crash at the Civ Select screen.

Assert Failed File:
    CvGlobals.cpp Line: 625
    Expression: e>-1

Solution:
    Delete the CivilizationIV.ini from the My Documents Colonisation folder.

Well done Night, I knew it wasn't something overly complex, I just for the life of me could not remember what it was!!! :badcomp:

14. Nightinggale

In that case I would really love to have the crash causing ini file. With a bit of luck, I can prevent it from happening again.

15. Lib.Spi't

I think it has already gone.

At some point I can try and see if I or knuckle can recreate the issue, now that I have a rough idea of what might have done it.

If I achieve it I will share the broken .ini

16. Lib.Spi't

Something weird keeps happening with the UI.

I attached 3 saves, whether or not you will get it I don't know, as saving seems to clear it..

As does minimising.

The city screen gets destroyed and the let hand info box (that appears when you mouse over units, towns, etc.[Anglo-Saxon 100% Box] in screenshot) also gets lost. (In the screen shot it is frozen on that info, rather than changing). In my current game it has happened over 5 times.

Screen shot of 'City Screen' attached

I just minimised out when the interface was bad and the game crashed when I went to bring it back up again. (This may or may not be related)

I also added a diplomacy waiting bug, cannot end the turn.

I can't remember whether you guys had fixed this or not, I can't even remember what version this is. (It would be the last version shared here as opposed to pulled from the sourceforge.)

I was REALLY enjoying this playthrough...

Attached Files:

17. Nightinggale

Looks like a python bug. Try to enable python errors and see if you can provide details, which can actually be used to investigate this bug. Right now the bug report is "there is a syntax error in one of the python files, but we don't know which one and it might have been fixed already", which is a bit to unspecific to actually do anything about ;)

18. Lib.Spi't

that last save appears to be a replicatable turn freeze.

python erros must have turned themselves off again..

19. Nightinggale

Which branch/release did you use to make the savegame?

I think I should figure out a way to write info like that in the dll, which will then put it in the savegame. However that is a future task.

20. Lib.Spi't

it would have been the last thing Kail released here.

It doesn't matter, I cleared it by jumping back a few turns.

I will see if the issue still exists when we get to the next version. I think this may have been one of those things that was already solved though