[BXP][Module] Native Civs Pack for BAT

Fantastic job with the mod, although I worry about giving any unit blitz because if you horde archers early game you can upgrade them to, say, riflemen, then you have a force of riflemen all with blitz.

Are you still working on it?

Cool.....

Theres also that whole bunch of Iroquois units the Bernie put out you could use as UUs for the civs so dont be shy Niks...you have da Power! :lol:

and am not done.....footman/maceman is ready, but need to upload, still plan on making horseman, knight, pike, longbow, cuirass and ?cavalry?

I am, but time is a harsh mistress at the moment. I should have a new version ready by this time next week.

FYI - Gold 3.0 for BtS has the Sioux, Iroquois, and Upaajut (Inuit), and I'll be adding another 7 in the January 4.0 release. If you need anything or want to collaborate, let me know.

I have taken a look in the code of this mod and found an empty <Button/> definition on line 107 in VD_Native_CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml

You should use a button definition to avoid problems.

Another point...Instead of re-using the Native America Civ as Sioux, you might want to consider disabling Native America Civ by setting <bPlayable> and <bAIplayable> to 0 in a modular file which only contains a copy of the XML for the Native America Civ. This way you also remove it from the Civilopedia.

For the Sioux ( Sioux_CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml ) you just replace

<Type>CIVILIZATION_NATIVE_AMERICA</Type>

with

<Type>CIVILIZATION_SIOUX</Type>

and you're done.

I have taken a look in the code of this mod and found an empty <Button/> definition on line 107 in VD_Native_CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml

You should use a button definition to avoid problems.

Another point...Instead of re-using the Native America Civ as Sioux, you might want to consider disabling Native America Civ by setting <bPlayable> and <bAIplayable> to 0 in a modular file which only contains a copy of the XML for the Native America Civ. This way you also remove it from the Civilopedia.

For the Sioux ( Sioux_CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml ) you just replace

<Type>CIVILIZATION_NATIVE_AMERICA</Type>

with

<Type>CIVILIZATION_SIOUX</Type>

and you're done.
That sounds like a much better idea, so I'll consider doing that for future version.
FYI - Gold 3.0 for BtS has the Sioux, Iroquois, and Upaajut (Inuit), and I'll be adding another 7 in the January 4.0 release. If you need anything or want to collaborate, let me know.
Absolutely, I'd love to! School ends next Wednesday so I'll have time over the festive period to work on it.

Mamba has added the Iroquois to his mod as a complete civ with all of Bernie's flavor units in it. Its pretty cool. So the idea of breaking up the Native American civ is catching on.

CIV Gold 3.0 for BtS has the Iroquois, Sioux and Upaajut (Inuit) all separated, and will have the Anishnaabek (Huron/Ojibwe), Aniyonega (Seminole/Cherokee), Dinnehih (Navajo/Apache), Tillikum (Chinook/Haida), Vo'oestaneo'o (Cheyenne/Metis) and Piliwni (Ute/Nez Perce) in 4.0.

CIV Gold 3.0 for BtS has the Iroquois, Sioux and Upaajut (Inuit) all separated, and will have the Anishnaabek (Huron/Ojibwe), Aniyonega (Seminole/Cherokee), Dinnehih (Navajo/Apache), Tillikum (Chinook/Haida), Vo'oestaneo'o (Cheyenne/Metis) and Piliwni (Ute/Nez Perce) in 4.0.

I dont mean to tee anyone off, but what is the attraction of having all the Civs and only two units in each(or less), that means they all will be using the same after that anyways? Doesnt make sense to me, again, i am just wondering (not to tee anyone off, ok):crazyeye: . I like a civ to at least have a minimum of 10 units in each civ, that way i can really call it a civ?:rolleyes: :p

I dont mean to tee anyone off, but what is the attraction of having all the Civs and only two units in each(or less), that means they all will be using the same after that anyways? Doesnt make sense to me, again, i am just wondering (not to tee anyone off, ok):crazyeye: . I like a civ to at least have a minimum of 10 units in each civ, that way i can really call it a civ?:rolleyes: :p

You mean ten UUs (in order to make them distinct?) I agree, that would be great. Maybe 10 is a bit ambitious, but 5 would certainly make a difference (plus maybe 2 UBs and 1 UW...?)

Lots of work, though. Plus tonnes of maintenance. Still, if Firaxis were to do this with their civs, I'd definitely push to follow suit with added civs.

You mean ten UUs (in order to make them distinct?) I agree, that would be great. Maybe 10 is a bit ambitious, but 5 would certainly make a difference (plus maybe 2 UBs and 1 UW...?)

Lots of work, though. Plus tonnes of maintenance. Still, if Firaxis were to do this with their civs, I'd definitely push to follow suit with added civs.

Thats more or less what i was thinking also:p , but 7 units plus 2 UUs, UB
and a UW, now were talking? LOL:goodjob:

Well I think flavor units are the way to go, as a UU represents a civ's height in cultural acceivement and power. I would argue that some of the main Civ4 civs UU, namely the incan's one, should replace a different unit as the main military of the Incans was more advanced than the simple warrior.

Anyways thanks to Zerver, Danrell and Bernie we got plenty of native american units now, although they are either Sioux or Iroquois. Maybe Bernie can be persuaded to make Inuit units or Cherokee?

One cool thing, if you go back far enough you may remember my incomplete Toltec civilization, Niknaks is nice enough to finish it for me and everyone in the civ4 community.

Top Bottom