C3c Pbem: "beantown" Mesopotania (newbees)

As the Babylonian forces set the stage for the siege of Adana, a few minor skirmishes have reduced their offensive by a few.

War Log:
Horse from Kummanni takes out lost bowman coming through Phoenicia. We sure hope the Phoenicians aren't harboring these infidels. Babys - -1 bow Hittites - 0
Horse from Adana takes out Babylonian spear. Babys - -1 bow, -1 spear, Hittites - 0
3 man chariot takes on bow and retreats. 3 man chariot takes on bow and retreats. Horse takes on bow and retreats. Stupid rng. :mad:
Horse takes on bow south of Adana and clears him. Babys - -2 bow, -1 spear, Hittites - 0 losses.
Horse takes out another bow sitting in our cow pasture. Babys - 3 bow, -1 spear, Hittites 0

Results - Babys lose 3 bowmen, 1 spear. Hittite losses: zippo

In other news, the Medeans have sent a rather large diplomatic entourage to visit the northern Hittite outpost of Tarsos. While visitors are always welcome, I should warn the Medeans the food in Tarsos can not be described as fine cuisine.

Hey all. Everyone busy or what? We've knocked off two turns in the past two weeks and I haven't seen any sign of movement since I posted a week ago. I'd hate for this to die out just as its getting a little interesting.

Every time this happens I think **** did I forget to send the turn.

The last turn I played was on April 19th 1710 BC and I sent it onto Medes (Lochnor) that evening.

I haven't seen it since.

I do hope this game doesn't die after all this time and now its getting exciting.

Game over? If its over, why no updates from the last set of turns. Not even any battle logs from PB or Warning? Sounds like a quiet turn so far... even so, I can't wait to see what the quiet Egyptian has up his sleaves next.

Over??? This game isn't over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!!!

Ok, I have no idea what happened but the file vanished somewhere between WarningU2 and me. Lord knows I probably screwed it up somehow so my apologies to all. But file sent to Snipelfritz and we're back in business.

They didn't? Oh man. Seven years of college and I don't even know that. Too many parties with Bluto and the boys I guess. :)

The Hittites managed to survive another turn. The town of Tarsos is happy at all the increased commerce the Medeans are giving them. They hope to feed the Medeans well as they move on to attack the Myceneans. Which is what they are doing, right? ;)

Observers in Adana could have sworn the last time they looked there were a lot more Babylonian bowmen knocking on the door. Maybe they ran off scared? Anyhow, a horseman and a 3 man chariot quickly dispatched of an elite and vet bowman wandering nearby.

Hittite losses: 0 Babylonians: 2

Lastly, the wisemen of Fenway have noted a disturbance in the force. It seems Cleo's minions, in addition to their wonder grabbing in Phonecia, are building a lighthouse. Strike that. A Great Lighthouse... Hmmm. Africa sure seems like a mighty safe place to play this board from. :)

On to PB.

As promised by the great Egyptian Pharoah, punkbass (the Magnificent, BTW :D), the game is now over. It still let me save, I'm not sure why, perhaps it will inform the next player I have in fact won? Or maybe it let's you keep going? Well, we'll see. In any case, just to quell the doubters, unfaithful and skeptics alike, a picture of the momentous plaque placed in the heavens:

Attachments

• beantownvictory.jpg
    beantownvictory.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 48
well congrats to you. now i know what your post a few days ago meant.

any post game wrap up talk?

king stuart

if any of you would like to start another, any scen, post it here. i have an opening

king stuart

Well ... Congratulations ! Well Done ! I didn't realize that you were that close :cry: :eek: :goodjob:

This is the first PBEM game I have seen come to a proper conclusion.

How many wonders did you have ?

Yeah, that on of the main "problems" with this scenario, the last wonder is before the last age. I don't have much to say for post-game comments, as I never know what to say in any sort of presentation, but if anyone has any questions I'm happy to oblige.

As to your edit, I had four wonders. SoZ, Hanging Gardens, Colossus (stolen) and the Great Lighthouse.

BTW, I've only seen one other game come to a real end, and that was the WWII Japan PBEM I was in where we (the allies) got trounced in about 10 turns :eek: I do think "myles", with ks, will likely come to a genuine conclusion as well.

Well thats weird because the victory conditions say 7 wonders which it lists that you have built but I didn't get a pop up saying you had won or I had lost - it allowed me to play my turn and save it. I sent it on ... perhaps it needs to go all away around ?

Hmmm... Ok, I guess it's over. Darn, don't I just hate those sudden endings!

Congrats to the mighty Egyptians! But couldn't you have waited just one more turn so I could launch my attack on the Hittites!?! I launched an unofficial attack and took down Tarsos but that's not very satisfying. I didn't get a victory notice either so I just sent the game along anyway.

WarningU2 said:
Well thats weird because the victory conditions say 7 wonders which it lists that you have built but I didn't get a pop up saying you had won or I had lost - it allowed me to play my turn and save it. I sent it on ... perhaps it needs to go all away around ?

Oh, have you not played with a Wonder Victory before? Now that you mention it, the Victory Screen might be misleading. You don't need all seen wonders to win. When all seven wonders are built (by anyone, anywhere), the game ends and whoever has the most victory points wins, IIRC (maybe whoever has the most wonders instead?)

As for allowing you to play, I don't know. It gave me the normal option of continue playing or finishing. I chose to finish, and then it still asked me to save.

Top Bottom