C3C PBEM : "Teuta" - Rise of Rome scenario (level : newbees)

LouLong

In love with Rei Ayanami
***GAME DEAD ***

"Teuta", king of the Illyrians who were famous as pirates and caused Rome to turn East, will be the name of this new Rise of Rome scenario mostly aimed at newbees. Newbees means new to PBEMs (never played or one current PBEM), at least on CFC, not your experience as a player.

One experienced player would be a nice addition to help around and manage the game (especially as I will probably be away this summer).

It is a balanced and fast PBEM (only 4 human players).

It is for Conquests, using the MP version of the Rise of Rome scenario and the patch 1.22.
So you need to have both Conquests and the patch 1.22 installed on your computer.

Civs will be attributed randomly normally but you can state your prefered civ and if they don't contredict you will probably get it. The play order though will be especially important.

Carthage - gorn
Celts - AI
Egypt - AI
Goths - AI
Macedonia - TexanbyBirth
Persia - Shortguy
Rome - Qummik
Scythes - AI

Players : 8 (Celts, Goths, Scythes and Egypt will be played by AI)

1. TexanbyBirth
2. shortguy
3. qummik
4. gorn
5. AI
6. AI
7. AI
8. AI

You want to be in ? You have further questions ? Post in this thread or send me a PM. If ready to join, send me a PM with your e-mail. IMPORTANT : PLEASE STATE YOUR USUAL PLAYING TIME in GMT time (ie : 2-4 pm GMT).
You can also check the sticky thread "newbee guide" where you can find tons of informations on how PBEM works, what you can do and what you should not do, etc... but if it is not clear enough, you can ask here and we will answer you (we are a community of friendly and helpful people).

When the rooster is full, I will send to all of you a planning e-mail with play order, e-mails, etc...

Organization : the game will be called "Teuta" to be recognizable and when you get the game, send a mail to inform the sender you got it (GPS = Got it, Played it, Sent it).

Yes, I'm in! Prefer Macedonia but any Civ works. Playing time is evenings in America Central Standard Time ( Zulu +5 ) :) Installing the Scenerio now.

It is one of the standard scenarios of Conquests : Rise of Rome.
So it should already be on your computer (if you have Conquests).

Hmm...I've never done one of these before, but it sounds like fun. I think I'll try this one. I'll be anyone.

I'd like to play. I'm in Japan, and can only e-mail my turns off from work. 8am to about 5pm Tokyo Time. Can't actually play at work, though, so I'm limited to one turn per day. Weekend play when I can, but it won't be constant. Also, I will be unavailable from Aug. 4 to Aug. 14th.

If you don't mind those conditions, I can guarantee I'm an otherwise steady, regular player. Played a lot of PBEM before, but with friends, not through these boards.

I'm willing to be any civ, but I've already played this one once as Persia. Would really rather be someone else, if possible.

Thanx.

GPS 350BC (turn 1) I hope I did that correctly?!? No combat to report. My delegates offer a conference with Persia to discuss peace. (private Email)

I tried to open the save before I saw this message, but couldn't. Fortunate, I guess. :) But, for what its worth, my compy didn't recognize it as a SAV file. Can I make it do so?

Done my turn, game file has been sent on to Persia!

I got it, but I'm having the same problem that I had with the last one. My computer doesn't seem to realize that it's a SAV file. I don't know what the problem is; I don't have this problem with GOTM saves. Of course, I'm new to PBEMs, so I could be doing something wrong...

EDIT: Problem fixed. Turns out all I had to do was "rename" the file and put .SAV at the end. :blush:

Played and sent to Qummik.

Done my turn, game file has been sent on to Persia!

It turns out that the Macedonian "delegates" were actually highly trained assassins. King shortguy I, somewhat shaken, nonetheless declared in a public address that, if Macedon wishes to fight, Persia shall try its hardest to give them a go of it. High-level sources inside Perseopolis tell us, however, that some in the capitol fear that Asia Minor is in serious trouble of falling to the enemy. The King, however, would not respond to our questions.

Played and sent.

Top Bottom