Cancel Culture urw Strikes Again! … Again!

Of course they cut stuff too when they show it on basic cable, just not a lesbian kiss these days.

I love the OP and I loved it as I was clicking the thread title. You had me at 'urw'

Of course they cut stuff too when they show it on basic cable, just not a lesbian kiss these days.

And sometimes they include things!
[The sentry guns scene in Aliens made home VHS recordings a commodity, because it was on the TV release and not the video rental release]

Actual interaction with a child:
“Miss Sophie do you have a boyfriend?”

“No, I don’t like boys”

“Oh. So do you have a girlfriend then?”

“Yes I do.”

“Aw, are you gonna get maaaaaried?”
Why the assumption everyone needs to pair bond? Seems to be reinforcing a limiting monogonormative narrative.

Last edited:
Talking of lesbian kisses there's one in my elder daughter's favorite show (I think it's half decent too)

I love the OP and I loved it as I was clicking the thread title. You had me at 'urw'

And sometimes they include things!
[The sentry guns scene in Aliens made home VHS recordings a commodity, because it was on the TV release and not the video rental release]

The cut-for-TV version of John Carpenter's Halloween also includes a scene not available in any other release. The film probably needed a few extra minutes to get to 2 hours, including commercials.

Actual interaction with a child:
“Miss Sophie do you have a boyfriend?”

“No, I don’t like boys”

“Oh. So do you have a girlfriend then?”

“Yes I do.”

“Aw, are you gonna get maaaaaried?”

this.

like it can happen in a few dozen ways. they can go "yuck"

but kids can react with "yuck" when described anything sexual, hetero kisses included

kids realizing adult sexuality and spectrums of people existing is a big point in child development and they can handle the existence of gays and the noncis spectrum. they'll just nod with "ok that's a thing", they can be excited for the adult, they can go yuck. but all of this is true for realizing heterosexuality exists too

kinda related sidenote

in the 90s one of the hosts in danish kids tv was literally a drag queen esque grandma guy and noone batted an eye. kids just found the character charming and most people have fond memories of Vera

Top Bottom