Capto Iugulum: 1920 - 1939

@EQ those PMs you were supposed to send me never arrived, but I am setting aside spending according to what we said on AIM.

EQ (or really anyone else): Can we spend both our bank and our income? Or just our bank?
So if it says 44 (+42) or something like that, can we spend 86 or 44?

Has there been woman's suffrage? If so, where can they vote?

Occitania and the former Confederation only allowed men to vote. I think it's probably the same in Iberia.

EQ (or really anyone else): Can we spend both our bank and our income? Or just our bank?
So if it says 44 (+42) or something like that, can we spend 86 or 44?

Has there been woman's suffrage? If so, where can they vote?

The Workers' Commonwealth (Scandinavia) has women's suffrage, but only insofar as women are members of government-approved labor unions.

Russia has universal non-suffrage...

Women's suffrage is fairly common, the most obvious democracies lacking it are the USA and Florida. In Europe, it's pretty much standard, unless you're led by glorious Russian influence, where everyone is truly equal under the Emperor.

Also, thanks to luckymoose for pointing out that I had completely forgotten SRPs this update. They have been sent out.

To: Anyone Whom It May Concern

His Excellency Colleague Mannerheim, First Proletarian, has determined that it is necessary to reinstate publicly the policy of amnesty for all Scandinavian citizens who may at any time decide to abandon the sinking Kongo Society ship and rejoin with the Fatherland. It is the position of the Revolutionary Government and its Manniskorstag that any person born in Scandinavian Africa, of Scandinavian ancestry, during the duration of the Kongo Society regime and at any given point after this declaration may submit application for citizenship in the Workers' Commonwealth should they decide to do so... whereupon, once verified, their citizenship will be recognized by and respected by the Revolutionary Government. Any officials of the illegal Kongo Society government who willingly turn themselves over to the authority of the Revolutionary Government will be treated with amnesty dependent upon the circumstances of their treason against the Scandinavian people. Per our commitment to the Brazzaville Accords we additionally intend to reinstate the policy of open trade and commerce between the Workers' Commonwealth and Scandinavian citizens under the suzerainty of the Kongo Society regime, giving therefore no credence, recognition or legal permission to act as economic agents to the Kongo Society regime or privately-owned subsidiaries, but freely permitting private citizens of Scandinavia to do business amongst each other (within the legal confines of the Workers' Trade Congress).

The free people of the Workers' Commonwealth send their well wishes to all those Scandinavian citizens living under the oppressive plutocratist tyranny of the Kongo Society regime.

@Grandkhan, the glorious Workers' Commonwealth instituted women's suffrage in 1909. :smug:

@EQ, Or you are the Papal States, where the unique ecclessiastical character of the state precludes any form of elections save the conclave, since Catholic teaching is not determined by popular opinion.

the most obvious democracies lacking it are the USA and Florida.

When I asked you about the achievements of the Floridian Progressives, you said that they achieved most liberal goals of that time. When I wrote my revised background-stuff with parties and stuff and I put down "universal suffrage" you didn't get back to me on that (whether true or false).

Oh yes, after checking, Florida DOES have female suffrage. Disregard that.

To: Columbia
CC: Interested Parties

The Treaty of Denver 1927 has been modified to detail our intentions more clearly. We expect Colombia to follow through with her promise in regards to the Canal.

Not wholly clear when the deadline is; announcing my intention to send orders sometime in the afternoon/early evening EST tomorrow in the hope that if this is past the deadline they will still be received.

I will send orders whenever I have 287 EP banked.

Top Bottom