Cats and Kittens

*grabs all three cats and runs*

Aww, she's adorable! :)

I don't know, looks pretty smart to me. I wish I had stayed there this morning. ;)

Cholla Oct 2018.JPG

Slate Hi res.JPG

IMG_0685.JPG

Our three cats.

Looking at those definitely reminded me of

Ping.jpg

Aww... :)

Grumpy cat died today. :(
She was 7.
Aw, my condolences. It's very sad to lose a feline family member, especially when they're young. :(

Has anyone tried the cucumber joke on their cats yet? We're kind of wondering if it actually works.

Has anyone tried the cucumber joke on their cats yet? We're kind of wondering if it actually works.
Oh.. it works. :mischief:
A friend of ours once said that it might be that the cat freaks out- which they will do every time, is because for a split instance the cat thinks it's a lizard or something else that it should naturally jump the hell away from -kinda like me when I turn around and my mother in law -out of nowhere- is just standing there looking like Norman Bates with a wig.. yeah, we don't get along. She thinks I stole and corrupted her princess, and i think she's a ****
but anyway, back to tormenting cats for our amusement
there are YouTube videos of cats where a pet iguana sneaks up on the cat, or was placed behind the cat like a cucumber, and the reaction is identical.

Grumpy cat died today. :(
She was 7.
Sorry to hear it.

Maybe cats' olfactory senses interpret the smell of a cucumber as that of a predator they're instinctively afraid of.

I'd test this on Maddy, but I don't like cucumbers enough to buy one and eat it (any tests would be carried out with the cucumber placed on a clean surface so it wouldn't have to be thrown out).

Mind you, Maddy being Maddy, she's often unimpressed with things cats are supposed to pay attention to. For instance, if I offer to play with her using the laser toy I used to use at the cat shelter I volunteered at, she just looks at me like I'm terminally stupid, with an expression of "Oh, come on, I know that's a fake, toss me something real to play with!" (she prefers McDonalds cheeseburger wrappers).

Top Bottom