Cats and Kittens

Seeing all the pictures of your kitties makes me really want one.

There's this one who broke my heart, he was just staring at me the whole time I was there, and he kept following me around if I moved, unblinking. He was looking at me like he's always known me, and asking "Oh hi mommy! Are you here to take me home now?" and it was so hard for me to leave him there.
Some cats choose you, not the other way around. For instance, the cat I tried to adopt last year seemed to really like me (her human was a bit miffed that the cat was more affectionate with me than with her), but Maddy vetoed the adoption with a loud :gripe:&$*(!#^&*$)%@!!!:gripe: so that was that.

Seeing all the pictures of your kitties makes me really want one.

Adding a cat to your home for me it is not the same like adopting a pet, but it is like adding a family member, undeniably the cutest and the most furry family member.

Some cats choose you, not the other way around. For instance, the cat I tried to adopt last year seemed to really like me (her human was a bit miffed that the cat was more affectionate with me than with her), but Maddy vetoed the adoption with a loud :gripe:&$*(!#^&*$)%@!!!:gripe: so that was that.
Our cat was next door's cat. We were adopted.

I did!

I am having difficulty spotting two dark kittens on our dark carpet. It's annoying, especially if I happen to be in a hurry.

Our cat was next door's cat. We were adopted.
Which brings us to the point of two dark kittens born in our garden. We have an outdoor momma cat that needs to go in and out constantly.

J

Find the kitty in the pic.

Spoiler :

I found It!

D4BdeFaXkAAf6Sz.jpeg

Sorry to be a nerd, but when I saw the cat my first thought was 'gosh, the fractal nature of the terrain in that image really does mislead you as to the scale of what it depicts'.

This is my favorite thread! Keep posting kitties! I miss Cuddlefluff but at least I have Milo the puppy

Brandon (Bran) loves his little kitty bed. I put an old t-shirt in there so it smells like me. He is incredibly affectionate, he can't get over me and spends a lot of time crawling on my shoulders and rubbing up against my head.

Sorry these are blurry, Arya's a bit spunky, she rarely holds still, I struggled to take these, lol. She just loves her new momma, she likes giving kisses and keeps licking my cheek, like she's a puppy lol.

These two are utterly adorable! And I'm just thrilled they're so happy here. Both are so incredibly affectionate, Bran's a nibbler, he especially likes going after my toes. Arya's treating the soles of my feet like her scratching board; she hasn't cut me or anything, but OMG when she starts up, lol! And no, I'm not considering a valid solution to be starting to wear socks.

Lucy isn't happy with them at all, but she'll get used to them. She just needs to assert her dominance. At least these two have each other, so they mostly leave her alone; I let her sleep with me last night to let her know mommy still loves her.

Beware, the kitty has three heads. For I am the Mother of Cats, and I shall crush my enemies with Furballs and Cuteness.

Brandon (Bran) loves his little kitty bed. I put an old t-shirt in there so it smells like me. He is incredibly affectionate, he can't get over me and spends a lot of time crawling on my shoulders and rubbing up against my head.

*SPLORT!* :faint:

I remember when Maddy was that small. She loved sleeping on my computer keyboard, and even the monitor. You should have seen the dirty look I got when I switched to a flat-screen monitor and she couldn't perch on it anymore.

And there will come a time when they will look at you in disgust from whatever bowl or box or other enclosed space they don't fit into anymore and inform you, "You need to get another one. This one has shrunk." (not understanding that they're the ones who have grown; I got that when Maddy realized that she couldn't fit in my arms the same way she used to, because she was too big)

Sorry these are blurry, Arya's a bit spunky, she rarely holds still, I struggled to take these, lol. She just loves her new momma, she likes giving kisses and keeps licking my cheek, like she's a puppy lol.

These two are utterly adorable! And I'm just thrilled they're so happy here. Both are so incredibly affectionate, Bran's a nibbler, he especially likes going after my toes. Arya's treating the soles of my feet like her scratching board; she hasn't cut me or anything, but OMG when she starts up, lol! And no, I'm not considering a valid solution to be starting to wear socks.
In another week or so, you should start getting them used to having their claws trimmed (you can do it yourself with an ordinary set of nail clippers). Otherwise, they will claw you and everything you own to smithereens, not to mention they could accidentally hurt each other when they play.

How old are they?

In another week or so, you should start getting them used to having their claws trimmed (you can do it yourself with an ordinary set of nail clippers). Otherwise, they will claw you and everything you own to smithereens, not to mention they could accidentally hurt each other when they play.
And deny them the ability to climb to the top of curtains? :sad:

Cats are great. Wish I had one. We always had cats growing up. Meow. Purr-purr.

And deny them the ability to climb to the top of curtains? :sad:

Cats are great. Wish I had one. We always had cats growing up. Meow. Purr-purr.
I said "trim", not "declaw." Trimmed nails grow back every few weeks. And cats can injure themselves climbing on curtains, if they fall or if they get their claws hooked into the fabric and can't get them out. Struggling runs the risk of tearing the claw out of place - which is painful and needs a vet trip to fix (I speak from experience).

Top Bottom