CCM1 (epic mod)

If all runs well, tomorrow (CCM biq 1.4).:)

CCM biq 1.5 (or 1.6) will be a huge upgrade as it will be combined with a new CCM mainfile, containing a lot of additional units (thank you Wyrmshadow and Tom 2050) and preparing the resources for the CCM world-map (o.k, now this word has been fallen :)).

Well, I still have V. 1.1 and was about to DL 1.3, but I guess I will wait for 1.4 :)

Hint: Yes,upgrade (Marine Infantry) or not upgrade (Ironclad and Torpedo Boat) would be great if noted in a non-hard-coded way!

Ironclad and Torpedo Boat are both upgradable with the next biq.

A note to rename "Ruler" to Partisan (or others like Egyptian Settler) would also be a help..

This is a variant of the upgrading bug from one unit with the king flag to another one and I hope it can be solved with the next upgrading of the CCM mainfiles. :)

I noticed Three new twists:1) Castles and Royal Barracks are in these cities (Castles sell for 20 gold ea.)

For a short periode both buildings can produce veteran units. Than the castles go obsolete. Obsolete buildings still exist in the cities (p.e. they can be bombed).

2) Royal Garrison Small Wonder does not disappear.

The same here. The SW still exists in the city, but after becoming obsolete it doesn´t produce units any longer.

3)I am able to build Wall Street wonder W/O Stock Exchanges.

This is intended.

Was having a really good game until I got, FILE NOT FOUND "Art\units\Schneider75\..\WW1 Artillery\Artilleryrun.wav"
Game will now exit
Why it has to exit because it can't find a sound file I don't understand (why not just not play the noise?)
I've Downloaded the latest patch too.

This was answered some posts above:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=9027711&postcount=521

It can only be fixed with the next upload of the CCM mainfiles. In the meantime you have to fix it yourself (what can easily be done :)).

looking forward to the world map!

I hope the only still existing crash (to my best knowledge) can be solved. I am of course talking about the lone settler crash :mad:

The fourth update for the CCM-Betatestfiles containing the new CCM biq is uploaded.
You can find the new biq here: http://www.stormoverciv.org/forums/showpost.php?p=24428&postcount=6

The CCM-Betatest biq v.1.4 contains the following changes:

- Upgrading links for the steam frigate, the German 77, the Schneider 75, and the Fokker D7 fixed

- SPA Wespe: 2 MV fixed

- Turkey now can build swordsmen

Is there any way to play the game on a smaller map than huge.

as i understand it, there is only one map setting and that is massive.
I tried playing this, with only 12 civs rather than the 32 (as I know that will get extremely slow).
Ive got to "Blitzkreig" and the interturn delays are huge, and half the map is still unclaimed!

Yeah i selected "standard" size map too, i think it comes out as huge maps whatever you select?
just spent all evening getting 2 techs in the tree, 5-10 minute wait in interturn, think im going to have to call it quits now :-(

I tested the 1.4 biq and std - 226x226, which is larger than huge. Small is 160x160, which is normal huge, so try tiny (be sure to drop the number of civs down.

Edit: tested tiny and it is 100x100 the normal std size.

once the world map comes out for this, I am going to start a succession game. The game is now stable enough in my mind.

Is there any way to play the game on a smaller map than huge.

as i understand it, there is only one map setting and that is massive.
I tried playing this, with only 12 civs rather than the 32 (as I know that will get extremely slow).
Ive got to "Blitzkreig" and the interturn delays are huge, and half the map is still unclaimed!

Hi bhinso, I made a testgame to have a look about the current CCM AI-turntimes on different pcs in era 4 (Atomic Age) on map size "huge" (260x240) with lots of surviving civs (26) and a big worldwar raging around the revealed map of the globe, causing thousands of units to move and fight around:

Spoiler :

On my current pc (I7 860 processor, 6 GB Ram) the AI turntime of round 383 of that game with all graphical functions enabled was exactly 8 minutes and 30 seconds.

On my old low end pc (2,66 MHZ single core, 256 MB Ram) the AI turntime with all graphical functions enabled was 17 minutes 8 seconds - what is indeed still a lot.

When the graphical functions 'show enemy moves' and 'show friendly moves' are disabled - as per example El Justo strongly recommends for AoI - the AI turntime on my low end pc of that round was reduced to 10 minutes and 2 seconds.

On that low end pc, there were nearly no considerable AI turntimes in that game until the last third of era 2, than the AI turntimes get higher. So if you notice in your CCM game, that the AI turntimes are getting too high for your taste, you always can change the settings in the "Preferences" menue of your game to shut off 'show enemy and friendly moves'. Here I want to citate the words of my friend El Justo in the introduction to his great scenario AoI: One may ask - how can i see anything that's going on around me? Well, you will see plenty and it'll depend primarily on your 'line of sight' around the edges of your territory. Be advised that you will indeed be able to see all battles within your line of sight. In other words, shutting off those two (2) features speeds up the turns even more.

So if you note, that the AI turntimes are raising massively, please don´t forget, that you always have the option to speed up these turntimes by disabling these two graphical options.

About the map sizes and numbers of starting civs in CCM:

For CCM in my eyes you should have a higher number of competing civs than in normal Civ 3, as otherwise the race for the world religions in era 1 and early era 2 wouldn´t be very interesting. 5 worldreligions for 4 civs (the number of civs on a tiny map in standard Civ 3) is not very interesting. So in CCM the numbers of civs - and therefore the sizes of the maps - are higher. In CCM the smallest mapsize "tiny" has the settings of a normal Civ 3 standard map with 8 civs. Choose these civs wiseley to have some religious competition, if you decide to play on such a mapsize.

Suggestions for settings of smaller map sizes in CCM are always appreciated.

As Moosezilla stated, another clue to reduce AI turntimes massively is to eleminate a lot of civs as early as you can. Even with this methode in CCM you will have more and stronger AI rivals in the later phases of the game, than you would have in normal Civ 3, making the later phases of the game much more interesting than they would be in a normal game of Civ 3.

Attachments

• Timescreen.JPG
    Timescreen.JPG
    159 KB · Views: 364
This was answered some posts above:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=9027711&postcount=521

It can only be fixed with the next upload of the CCM mainfiles. In the meantime you have to fix it yourself (what can easily be done :)).

hmm I have the same problem but can't do this. Just explain me, please, like to little child :crazyeye:how to change the WWi file on Heavy Artyllery or something like that with some paths to the files etc, please.
Thx
p.s. I am desperate - i made acc on this site for answer, cos ur mod is awsome :goodjob:

Hi sombre, welcome at CFC :band:[party] and thank you for your kind words. :)

1.When you click into the scenario folder of C3C you see the CCM-folder (if all is properly installed).

2. When clicking in the CCM-folder, you see the folder "art".

3. When clicking in the folder "art", you can see the folder "units".

4. When clicking in the folder "units" you have to look for the folder "Schneider75", that contains the files for that unit.

5. In the folder "Schneider75" you have to look for the file called "Schneider75.ini". This file contains the information for the animation and sound files, this unit is using.

6. In this Ini-file for the sound files you must replace the old name WWI Artillery with the new name Heavy Artillery in each of the links of the sound file. Now the programm finds again the soundfiles that are located in the renamed unit.

I hope this helps a little bit. :)

Attachments

• Schneider1.jpg
    Schneider1.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 350
  • Schneider2.JPG
    Schneider2.JPG
    32.3 KB · Views: 349
  • Schneider3.JPG
    Schneider3.JPG
    27.5 KB · Views: 394
Civinator, I just downloaded and have been playing your CCM 1.4, but I wanted to take a quick break to compliment you on an excellent game. Your long hours of modding have paid off well. I'm looking forward to playing more and seeing what tweaks and updates you conjure up for future enhancements. Well done.

Thanks for the replies, im glad it's not just my PC, i upgraded last year to a 3.4GHz quadcore and 8GB RAM, but it seems to make no difference to the interturn times, so maybe its just the software rather than the PC?

Just one more thing i remember from my game, once I got to one of the early industrial age techs (communism or something),i became unable to trade techs with the AI, ie all the techs that i was up on/behind disappeared in the trading screen. Is this intentional?

I am starting a succession game with CCM 1.4. Anyone who is interested, please do sign up

Hi Civ. THis mod runs smooth lategame like no other .Details are incredible! im learning a lot reading all the full dispt entrys

Here I ran into a error as I was winidng down last era with spain

"Art\Units\AMX-30\AMX-30.INI"

I looked and saw only a AMX-13 in the unit folder.

Anyway I just avoided that tank build/error and kept pounding them with "Patton's" till victory instead. Lucky it wasn't on the AI build que tho

IN regards to overall? Great job . Your a legend

One small error (I think) in Irrigation entry: restate Irrigate w/o water proximity from Electricity to Scientific Method. Like "Water Management" entry.

Thank you for reporting this error. :) It will be fixed with the next update.

I ran into a error as I was winidng down last era with spain "Art\Units\AMX-30\AMX-30.INI" I looked and saw only a AMX-13 in the unit folder.

Yes, the AMX-30 unit is missing. It´s astonishing that nobody else noticed this yet –poor France and Spain. Of course the missing AMX-30 will be added to the next update of the CCM mainfile. Thank you very much for reporting this big error. :)

Two more errors were reported by flame in the German Civ3 forums:

The French are not able to build the arquebusier and the Hanseatic league only needs four harbours as perequisite, not five as it stands in the civilopedia.

Both errors will also be fixed with the next upload.

Thank you all for your reports and suggestions. :)

Top Bottom