CCM1 (epic mod)

Hi, I really think Monarchy should be buffed to compete with Theocracy and Republic. Republic is also a bit too good in the early game even in war! The extra commerce boost from Republic allows for happier people and more military.

I think Monarchy should be buffed to
Free units: 4
Per Town: 2
Per City: 2-> 4
Unit Cost: 3 -> 2

Democracy and Republic are also the same in terms of unit support. I think it should be changed so there is a difference. Democracy in civ 3 was good for making a huge army while Republic was good for keeping a small army.

Democracy
Free Units: 4 -> 0
Per Town: 3 -> 0
Per City: 3 -> 2
Unit Cost: 4 -> 2

Now Democracy is probably better if you want to field a huge army, around 4-5 military units per city.

Republic
Free Units: 4 -> 6
Per Town: 3 -> 2
Per City: 3
Unit Cost: 4

This is a slight nerf to Republic, but a really small nerf since it probably only affects the units supported by around 10 or so units in late game, which is about only 40 gold.

Hello, playing as the Americans I took Rome from the Italians and was able to build Roman forts and get Praetorians from the Senate building. Not sure if that was by design but it was cool. Today I loaded my saved game and the northeuropean workers and a silk shipment had changed into Elvis's. This happened shortly after getting the "Great War Experience" tech but I don't know if that has anything to do with it. A very fun mod you've created and thank you for sharing it. :thumbsup:

Hello, playing as the Americans I took Rome from the Italians and was able to build Roman forts and get Praetorians from the Senate building. Not sure if that was by design but it was cool. Today I loaded my saved game and the northeuropean workers and a silk shipment had changed into Elvis's. This happened shortly after getting the "Great War Experience" tech but I don't know if that has anything to do with it. A very fun mod you've created and thank you for sharing it. :thumbsup:

This has happened to me on severall mods. Just restart the game and you'll go back to normal.

yes when i first tried this mod, my first worker and settler were Elvis' :lol: but later in the game they turned back to regular workers and settlers...

Thank you all for your continuing interest in CCM and for your kind words about that mod. :) Progress in the next version of this mod continues very slowly due to RL issues -but it will come.
A special thank you very much to Flowy and his suggestions about the stats of some governments. I will have a look in these suggestions. :)

Hello, playing as the Americans I took Rome from the Italians and was able to build Roman forts and get Praetorians from the Senate building. Not sure if that was by design but it was cool.

Yes, this was intended by design and since this feature was discovered in one of the CCM-succession games, many players tried to knock out Rome soon after the pop-up message appeared, that the GW Roman Senate was built. Therefore in the next version of CCM this is dimmed down. You still can have Praetorians when you capture Rome, but you don´t receive the Roman symbols in each city, that allow the construction of very early barracks. I could have avoided that conquerors of Rome even receive the autoproduced praetorians in that city, but it should be something special, if you are able to conquer Rome in era 1 of CCM. :)

The mysterious Elvis Presley: :lol:

Today I loaded my saved game and the northeuropean workers and a silk shipment had changed into Elvis's. This happened shortly after getting the "Great War Experience" tech but I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

This has happened to me on severall mods. Just restart the game and you'll go back to normal.

yes when i first tried this mod, my first worker and settler were Elvis' :lol: but later in the game they turned back to regular workers and settlers...

Yes, re-loaded the saved game and it's fixed now. A mind of it's own I guess.

This is a known easter-egg, built in by the programers of Civ 3 PtW and C3C. Each January 8 - the birthday of Elvis Presley - each unit using the king-flag will be replaced with the Elvis unit - and CCM has a lot of units using the king-flag to avoid, that these units can been built normally. You can be glad, that I didn´t include units called Santa, Zombie or Leprechaun, otherwise you would face the same situation on Christmas, Halloween and St. Patrick's Day :D:

http://www.civfanatics.com/civ3/easter_eggs.php
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=2995432&postcount=16

Santa Unit: If there is a unit named "Santa", the kings/flags will be replaced with this unit on December 25 (Christmas).

Zombie Unit: If there is a unit named "Zombie", the kings/flags will be replaced with this unit on October 31 (Halloween).

Leprechaun Unit: If there is a unit named "Leprechaun", the kings/flags will be replaced with this unit on March 17 (St. Patrick's Day).

Nothing can be done to avoid this situation by modding on January 8, as it is hard-coded. BtW.: In CCM Elvis appears regulary as the version of the unit "Great Artist" in era 4 as a part of this era-specific unit.

Today I loaded my saved game and the northeuropean workers and a silk shipment had changed into Elvis's. This happened shortly after getting the "Great War Experience" tech but I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

It's a Civ III Easter egg. On Elvis's birthday (January 8), units with the "king" flag or are flagged as a "flag unit" change to Elvis. It only lasts a day, but you can stop it or start it by changing your computer's internal date. In an unmodded game it would usually only show up in regicide and capture the flag games.

get Praetorians from the Senate building

My guess is that the Senate is a Great Wonder so it doesn't get destroyed when you take a city and will continue auto-producing it's unit until the wonder goes obsolete.

Truly some comedians among programmers (never new that :wow: )

Perhaps related to the NFL coach that left tickets for Elvis at the box office before every home game.
Who knows Elvis might even be playing CivIII :high5:, wherever he is :jesus:

Whatever.
this mod is really great, and I am waiting for that needed update with ooh so many new units and ideas that sounds fab.

Hi Civinator,

your mod it's completely awesome! Many compliments for your great job, that improve in all ways Civ3, which I think it's the best of the series

Unfortunately I experimented some issues with this mod...that it's strange
First of all a general graphical issues with words and descriptions (like 'date', OK instead of 'turns', gold instead of shield, etc)

Also, in my first map I played with Spanish it crashes when I found the city number 8, Valencia...also changing name or settler's position indeed.
So I can't continue and I don't know how I can do

I follow exactly your installation instruction.
I have the Steam version, which should be complete at all (Conquest, 1.22 etc) and it's not the first time that I have problem with mods or scenarios. For example I can't run NO RAZE.exe file, or 1989'Anthony Boscia scenario in which I can see same graphical issues and saving problems

Do you have some ideas?
Thanks, bye!

This thread is huge, so sorry if this is a repeat bug report (v1.8) ...

I have The Great Library as Italy/Rome. I keep setting research to 0%, but after one or two IBT, it automatically resets up to 20%. Happens turn after turn after turn and won't stop.

This thread is huge, so sorry if this is a repeat bug report (v1.8) ...

I have The Great Library as Italy/Rome. I keep setting research to 0%, but after one or two IBT, it automatically resets up to 20%. Happens turn after turn after turn and won't stop.

You are probably in Despotism, Republic or Theocracy which all have a rate cap at 80%. Which means for your situation that you can't set your tax rate, or luxury rate, higher than 80% and then the other 20% will automatically go to science.

Hi Civinator,

your mod it's completely awesome! Many compliments for your great job, that improve in all ways Civ3, which I think it's the best of the series

Unfortunately I experimented some issues with this mod...that it's strange
First of all a general graphical issues with words and descriptions (like 'date', OK instead of 'turns', gold instead of shield, etc)

Also, in my first map I played with Spanish it crashes when I found the city number 8, Valencia...also changing name or settler's position indeed.
So I can't continue and I don't know how I can do

I follow exactly your installation instruction.
I have the Steam version, which should be complete at all (Conquest, 1.22 etc) and it's not the first time that I have problem with mods or scenarios. For example I can't run NO RAZE.exe file, or 1989'Anthony Boscia scenario in which I can see same graphical issues and saving problems

Do you have some ideas?
Thanks, bye!

Esul12, thank you very much for your kind words about CCM. :) I don´t have the C3C Steam-version - and I´m very glad of that :) - so I can´t help you directly with your special steam problem. I know the Rat has a C3C steam version and he reported that all was working well, even with CCM, until the last Steam multiplayer patch, that corrupted the complete game. For me it is sure that it is a problem with Steam and not with CCM.

In former Non-Steam-versions of C3C such a mix-up in the texts occured, when wrong levels of patches and/or language versions were badly combined. From your report it seems, that at least something seems tom be corrupted in your label.txt file.

I hope an experienced civer, who uses the Steam version can help you.

Any progress to report this year? Be back soon (?) to look.

Moosezilla, I hope all is very well with you :) and I also hope, that i can answer your question soon - but first some work has to be done.

You are probably in Despotism, Republic or Theocracy which all have a rate cap at 80%. Which means for your situation that you can't set your tax rate, or luxury rate, higher than 80% and then the other 20% will automatically go to science.

Actually, I'm in Monarchy. I'm setting things at 0% Science and 20% Luxury. And each turn or two it changes back to 70% Science and 20% Luxury. Odd.

That said, I took all of Indo-China's cities, but CTD because they must have a settler on a boat. So that game is toast :(

HardCode -

Monarchy has a rate cap of 7 (70%), which means that neither the percentage of the science slider, the luxury slider, or what goes into taxes, can individually be higher than 70%. Also, Science and Luxury together must add up to at least 30%, or else the tax will then end up higher than 70%. If one of the three is above 70%, the advisor resets the science slider (since its the first one) to the minimum level required to make sure all three are below the rate cap. So in your case, the Science is 0%, Luxury is 20%, and taxes would be 80% hence the reset. Not sure why it is changing Science to 70% though. However, maybe try changing Science to 10% and see if the setting remains.

Esul12 -

Sounds like your problem is with the recent Steam update. Check out these two threads:
Civ 3 broke
How to revert the new Steam update and keep both versions

Actually, I'm in Monarchy. I'm setting things at 0% Science and 20% Luxury. And each turn or two it changes back to 70% Science and 20% Luxury. Odd.

Hi HardCode, as Takeo and Laurana Kanan told you, this problem is hardcoded :D, due to the Rate Caps setting of your current government. In the old -but still very good - mod RAR you can find the following comment to that problem in the civilopedia (may be I should write it in the CCM civilopedia, too):

- RAR - Frequently Asked Questions
1. My science rating is adjusted upwards every turn! What gives?

The $LINK<rate caps=GCON_Rate_Caps> affect all three aspects of government spending. therefore if the rate cap is set to 60% none of the three spending levels -- tax, science, or luxury -- can be set above 60%.
This is why when you are trying to set your science to less than 40% the game keeps resetting you back. In order to set your science to say 20% you must set you luxury and tax so that neither one is more than 60%.

That said, I took all of Indo-China's cities, but CTD because they must have a settler on a boat. So that game is toast :(

If you have a saved game, your game isn´t toast. Simply don´t conquer the last Indo-Chinese city until you have found that "houseboat"-settler.

After modding for a bit my game I really feel like going back to play ccm. I just liked my downloaded units haha, so I was forced to play my personal mod.

CCM is amazing. The pace at which the game flows is amazing. You get to fully experience and enjoy every era. Loosing one city early in the game before you can build settlers is such a calamity haha.

I cant wait for the newer improved version.

Top Bottom