CCM1 (epic mod)

After modding for a bit my game I really feel like going back to play ccm. I just liked my downloaded units haha, so I was forced to play my personal mod.

CCM is amazing. The pace at which the game flows is amazing. You get to fully experience and enjoy every era. Loosing one city early in the game before you can build settlers is such a calamity haha.

I cant wait for the newer improved version.

Well you could always overwrite some units that are similar Zerg. If you put the same file names for the unit and rename the scenario unit, you could have your unit instead, with limited editing.

Thanks Civinator and Laurana Kanan for your useful links!

Finally, I founded a solution by myself

It was definitely a graphical issue: as I told you with my steam versions your mod was a mess from the graphical point of view, and, with other things, instead of 50AD, 200AD it appeared:
'The deal will last until war is undeclared' :lol:

So that, after 0AD when a city were founded game crashed in the line...Valencia founded in 'the deal...'

Anyway, I founded a NoRaze version which works bad with my base game (similar graphical problems) but works fine, or better perfect, with your mod....and also with other mods!

I'm playing a match with 31 player in huge world and I'm really enjoying myself...in particular appreciating each Era experience, teach tree and new buildings, even if I'm winning a little easy, in Emperor difficulty which was my limit in Civ3
I'm about at the middle of the game (1700AD)....at the end or so with your permission I will do some consideration about my game experience and its balance

good work!

(...I'm waiting without urgency your SOE reupload ;) )

Here something is comming nearer ...
it is not forgotten ...

Can someone help me. The Russian Infantry (unlocked at 'Great War Experience') are the same graphically as the previous tier of infantry, the Russian Rifleman. I checked the unit file it all seemed to be fine, not sure what is wrong.

EDIT: I fixed the problem but unfortunately I think I have to start a new game to see effect :(

Another EDIT: I turned the Russian Rifleman into the Russian Infantry for the purpose of continuing my present game.

Final EDIT: Greatly looking forward to the new version! Go go power rangers

Boys, it is tough to be poor, but a spot of good news can make a day. Patience will be rewarded and I didn't even have to prod.... still waiting. (Need a CCM icon for my message.)

EDIT: I fixed it. If you have the same problem, just open the ccmbetatest\text\"labels" file in notepad and after the #LABELS line, just add an extra return (enter) and save the file so now there is a blank space between #LABELS and Please wait... That fixed everything here.

Hi. I have the Steam version of Civ III complete.

I downloaded the mod from the first post, along with the biq file. It's running, and it seems to work fine, but there is one pretty big issue. The text is all out of whack. So when creating a game, the options that should say "random" say "Difficulty" instead, etc.. In the game, the civelopidia has it's entries all mis-matched. And when reviewing a tile, Food/Gold/Production is all goofed up.

If I had to guess, a 'tab or space in the mod code' or an extra line or code somewhere (maybe in the april steam patch) or whatever has just slightly shifted a lot of things out of place, in particular in a way that only seems to affect game text (game text seems affected pretty much everywhere). Any idea how I could fix this?

Adding some screenshots....
http://puu.sh/kiXNW/28bd903975.jpg
http://puu.sh/kiXPC/7383c48fc7.jpg
http://puu.sh/kiXPQ/dc6f40bea5.jpg
http://puu.sh/kiXQP/22c46c463d.jpg

Thanks in advance for any help.

That was one way to fix it, but I think your real problem was that the steam labels.txt is now different from the disc version labels.txt because when steam migrated civ3 MP servers to steam, they added an extra label. You need to add the line 'Unknown' between PING and Host lines. I think Civinator may have included a steam labels.txt as well in one update.

This problem will arise with steam users for all mods that use the disc version labels.txt. Its a really simple fix so it isnt too much of a problem.

Thanks Nathari. And btw, this mod is amazing, ty also for sending me here. I knew it was better to ask first!

Hi. I have the Steam version of Civ III complete... there is one pretty big issue. The text is all out of whack.If I had to guess, a 'tab or space in the mod code' or an extra line or code somewhere (maybe in the april steam patch) or whatever has just slightly shifted a lot of things out of place, in particular in a way that only seems to affect game text (game text seems affected pretty much everywhere). Any idea how I could fix this?

Jyet, welcome at CFC! :band:[party]

Your guess is correct. Here is a part of the text of the Steam Civ Complete-Patch I did for RARR (and I will do such a patch for CCM, too):

The last update of the Steam version of Civ Complete by Steam/Firaxis added a new line between "PING" and "Host" (line 86) to the labels text that just says "Unknown". Of course this messed up the labeling of buttons for all C3C mods/scenarios with own labels texts. So the correct fix would be to add the line Unknown between Ping and Host (line 86) in the labels text file.

Nathiri, thank you very much for helping Jyet and for recommending CCM. :)

Of course Anthony Boscia´s mod "Worldwide is also a very good epic mod I can recommend and there are many other interesting epic mods for C3C, too, among them Meteorman´s Aeon, The Balancer Revisited (so never finished) Yoda´s World map (with special rules), Rhye´s worldmap and from the ancient epic mods TETurkan´s worldmap. RARR is in a betatestphase with errors that at present are still reported.

Boys, it is tough to be poor, but a spot of good news can make a day. Patience will be rewarded and I didn't even have to prod.... still waiting. (Need a CCM icon for my message.)

Moosezilla, what should I say. :) You will be one of the first to receive an early betatest invitation when CCM version 2.00 is in the state for betatesting. At present I still have to do some testings with the new artillery routine for attack helicopters, worker boats and some other things and to bring the civilopedia in a form, that betatesting can be done.

Btw., when looking at the titlescreen of CCM version 2.00 you can see, that not only the text of the version of CCM is changed. :)

Btw., when looking at the titlescreen of CCM version 2.00 you can see, that not only the text of the version of CCM is changed
I see, Mars!
Is this the version that will have the city screens again? You were mentioning it a year ago or so.
Wonderful Mod by the Way

I see, Mars!
Is this the version that will have the city screens again? You were mentioning it a year ago or so.
Wonderful Mod by the Way

Lordoflinks. thank you very much for your kind words. :)

Yes, the space race is beefed up a little bit. The version can be played with activated city screen, if the C3C mainfile is boosted up with the CCM version 2 files. There will be two biqs for CCM version 2.00: One to replace the original C3C mainbiq (of course with the old mainbiq backed up and the same to the text files , too) and one to play it as a scenario (like the current version of CCM).

Lordoflinks. thank you very much for your kind words. :)

Yes, the space race is beefed up a little bit. The version can be played with activated city screen, if the C3C mainfile is boosted up with the CCM version 2 files. There will be two biqs for CCM version 2.00: One to replace the original C3C mainbiq (of course with the old mainbiq backed up and the same to the text files , too) and one to play it as a scenario (like the current version of CCM).
Wow! I think your mod is utterly amzing, with it I shall never have to play vanilla agian.
Thank You ever so much for enabling city screens.

#Start buildings
#ICON_BLDG_Palace
CULTURE
art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\palaceamerlarge.pcx
art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\palaceeurlarge.pcx
art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\palaceromlarge.pcx
art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\palacemealarge.pcx
art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\palacefealarge.pcx
art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\palaceamersmall.pcx
art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\palaceeursmall.pcx
art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\palaceromsmall.pcx
art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\palacemeasmall.pcx
art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\palacefeasmall.pcx
#ICON_BLDG_Barracks
ERA
art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\barracksanclarge.pcx
art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\barracksrenlarge.pcx
art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\barracksindmodlarge.pcx
art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\barracksindmodlarge.pcx
art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\barracksancsmall.pcx
art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\barracksrensmall.pcx
art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\barracksindmodsmall.pcx
art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\barracksindmodsmall.pcx
#ICON_BLDG_Granary
ERA
art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\granaryancrenindlarge.pcx
art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\granarymodlarge.pcx
art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\granaryancrenindsmall.pcx
art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\granarymodsmall.pcx
#ICON_BLDG_Temple
CULTURE
art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\templeamerlarge.pcx
art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\templeromlarge.pcx
art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\templeromlarge.pcx
art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\templemealarge.pcx
art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\templefealarge.pcx
art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\templeamersmall.pcx
art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\templeromsmall.pcx
art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\templeromsmall.pcx
art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\templemeasmall.pcx
art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\templefeasmall.pcx
#ICON_BLDG_Marketplace
ERA
art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\MarketplaceAnclarge.pcx
art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\MarketplaceAnclarge.pcx
art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\supermarketlarge.pcx
art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\Shopping_large.pcx
art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\MarketplaceAncsmall.pcx
art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\MarketplaceAncsmall.pcx
art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\supermarketsmall.pcx
art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\Shopping_small.pcx
#ICON_BLDG_Library
ERA

As you can see at least in the PedialIcon file i downloaded everything is one off, i really think the mod looks fantastic and would appreciate a fix or solution, thanks

...As you can see at least in the PedialIcon file i downloaded everything is one off, i really think the mod looks fantastic and would appreciate a fix or solution, thanks

Ikanowa, welcome at CFC! :band:[party] and thank you very much for your kind words.
What you posted is no error in the pediaicons file, as the buildings start with number zero. So if you have problems, they must result from something different.
Edit: Even the wrong spaces in the text between some letters you posted above (like palaceamerlarge.pc x), don´t exist in the CCM pediaicons file. Did you ever play that mod, or are you only looking into the files and don´t understand how to mod Civ 3?

trying to play, I am decent with modding in general just not code, it gave me the error missing file ICON_BLDG_angkor_wat which is in that section of the text i mentioned so i figured it was related to the fact they where all off one

trying to play, I am decent with modding in general just not code, it gave me the error missing file ICON_BLDG_angkor_wat which is in that section of the text i mentioned so i figured it was related to the fact they where all off one

The error with the building angkor_wat is an old issue that should have been fixed long ago. The last time I remember it was reported, was here:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=13124592&postcount=668
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=13125499&postcount=670
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=13153111&postcount=677

I never receive that error message while playing CCM with the version 1.8 pediaicons file and it seems that for most other players of that mod this error doesn´t occure, too (otherwise there would be posts about it in the last time). But Northern Pike, who is an experienced Civ 3 player, received that error, too. My guess was, that an old wrong entry in the windows cache (German word Kompatibilitätsdatei -I don´t know the English word for that special folder in Windows) overwrites the correct entry in the pediaicons file.

The Building Angkor_Wat in the CCM pediaicons file has the index 136.

Hello! Explain me, please, one little moment in this mod. When i played in "Archipelago Map", and i conquered enemy's continent with cities, that have harbors... And i have NO sea trade route to my capital, so there are no resources and luxuries in conquered continent.
Another moment: i founded new city on another continent, built harbor so, sea route is possible. But, when i started war with civilization on this continent, where my new city built - sea trade route is OFF!
What's wrong? Some screenshots:

--------------------------------------------------
sorry for my russian english, yet.

Top Bottom