CCM1 (epic mod)

Civinator-
Can you give some examples of the new options you are exploring with the Quintillis editor?

Civinator-
Can you give some examples of the new options you are exploring with the Quintillis editor?

Takeo, I posted something here:http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=13943564&postcount=8 and something here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=551972 at CFC , not saying that these things will be in the next version of CCM (in my current test version they are not), but who knows what the future will bring? :)

But it is fix, that I use the "Qu-Editor" for the next version of CCM as this editor can do settings, that are not possible with the normal editor, but needed for CCM version 2.00. :)

I am still on CCM 1.7 ..... reluctant to upgrade.... am not looking forward to correcting all the English Mistakes in the Civilopedia and PediaIcon files again. But 2.0 sounds good.

Nevermind.. i figured it out .. capture the unit is princess

...... deleted the problem

Here are two screenshots about experimentsin the City View with a - for CCM -new city-base terrain. This idea based on a very old mod for the city view, that is unfortunately not any longer completely available:

The next two screenshots are showing cities of the city view without the new "base-terrain" for cities, using only the new "filling houses" of the city view graphics.

Budapest, era 4, population 1. The city is formed only with "filling houses" without any additional buildings in the city.

Vienna, era 4, population 13 with additional buildings:

The next screenshot of Vienna holds an - in my eyes astonishing discovery in modding the C3C mainfile, that let me rewrite big parts of autoproduction in CCM version 2.00.
I will do a separate post about this outside the CCM forum, as I think this could be of interest for other modders, too.

How is this great mod getting along. I believe it's ver 2.0 we all waiting for..
Any loose ideas on an imaginary timeline ???

How is this great mod getting along. I believe it's ver 2.0 we all waiting for..
Any loose ideas on an imaginary timeline ???

Hi clamel, I´m neither a gaming company nor a software factory, so there is no timeline for the next version of CCM. When the next version of CCM is ready for betatesting, I will do a non-public betatesting to iron out many of the errors that were in my graphical update of RAR, that had no pre-betatesting. If we are lucky CCM version 2.00 will come to the public this year.

Looking forward to your pre-beta :D

That's a heartfelt "echo that".

Thank you very much for your continuing interest in CCM. :) Please be patient, I do what I can.:)

... and something more:

Civinator, you might give USA an early heavy tank like this one
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=16931

Lionic, sorry for the delay in the answer. The heavy tank upgrade and production chain in CCM version 2.00 had to be changed from the last screenshot, as it didn´t work as intended.

That tank in CCM is used as the heavy tank upgrade for all civs except Russia, Britain and Germany. Additionally Russia, Germany, Britain, USA, France and later China and Egypt will have an additional heavy tank production coming with different techs.

Civinator, two items not posted by me in the CCM game.

1- crash upgrading the Dassault Mystere to Mirage111B with a missing something. I failed to record it, but likely a pediacon.

2- M10 Achilles says it can be upgraded to self propelled, but it cannot.

Playing as French.

No need to respond, if this is a known issue, thanks.

Civinator, two items not posted by me in the CCM game.

1- crash upgrading the Dassault Mystere to Mirage111B with a missing something. I failed to record it, but likely a pediacon.

2- M10 Achilles says it can be upgraded to self propelled, but it cannot.

Playing as French.

No need to respond, if this is a known issue, thanks.

Hi vmxa :wavey:

the upgrade crash from the Dassault Mystere to Mirage IIIB was never reported before. :) I will have a look on it.

The wrong information about the upgrade of king units unfortunately is a hardcoded problem of the civilopedia when an intended "broken" upgarde chain is used to let the production of a certain unit "fade out" when a new unit appears in the techtree. To let the production of a unit "fade out" in CCM is frequently used to avoid naming problems when one unit with the king flag otherwise must upgrade to another unit with the king flag.

In the next version of CCM there are manually written upgrade informations and the use of "dummy units" in the civilopedia to avoid the harcoded wrong upgrade information for these units - a lot of work.

A big one for me at this stage of the game is that stealth bombers cannot be built. Stealth fighter can be made. All three resources are available. The biq shows no other reqs.

Edit:

My 2 cents on one aspect of CCM is that I hate that there is no bombardment piece, or at least none that I could find. It is very big draw back for any AW type of game. You just cannot rely on making more units than the AI above emperor in a 31 civ environment. You need a means to have a solid kill ratio. In standard c3c, that is done with armies. No armies, means you need another tool. That tool would be cats/trebs/cannons and finally artillery (well last is actually radar artillery).

Late game you have nothing you can build that will shoot at units, without actually going to melee. You have no means, other than bombers to chip units down, prior to attacking. In a game where units have quite high defense, and you cannot chip them, you will lose too many units. Bombers are not a valid solution. They cannot respond to my whole empire as they have a range. I can send artillery on rails to a location and get that chip damage, in c3c. Here I just have to take the losses.

Even when I have superior troops, I take losses. MA does not always kill even late pikes, which is crazy to me, but that is another story. I resort to using a modified rule set, so I only have a handful of nations at war with me at any one point in time.

vmxa, sorry for the delay in the answers.

A big one for me at this stage of the game is that stealth bombers cannot be built. Stealth fighter can be made. All three resources are available. The biq shows no other reqs.

Yes, that is true for version 1.8. The king flag of the stealth bomber, that I did set in that version for experimentation purposes was not removed, so the stealth bomber in 1.8 could only be received by upgrading a unit, but I think in that version, there is no unit that can be upgraded to a stealth bomber. In the next version of CCM the stealth bomber has no more king-flag and needs only two resources.

I hate that there is no bombardment piece, or at least none that I could find. It is very big draw back for any AW type of game. You just cannot rely on making more units than the AI above emperor in a 31 civ environment. You need a means to have a solid kill ratio. In standard c3c, that is done with armies. No armies, means you need another tool. That tool would be cats/trebs/cannons and finally artillery (well last is actually radar artillery).

Late game you have nothing you can build that will shoot at units, without actually going to melee. You have no means, other than bombers to chip units down, prior to attacking. In a game where units have quite high defense, and you cannot chip them, you will lose too many units. Bombers are not a valid solution. They cannot respond to my whole empire as they have a range. I can send artillery on rails to a location and get that chip damage, in c3c. Here I just have to take the losses.

vmxa, when I created CCM, I had in mind to dimm down features that the AI can´t handle properly and therefore in my eyes come near to an exploit in favour of the human player. These features are mainly landartillery (especially in combination with railroads) and multi-units armies.

It´s not true that there are no units with bombardement other then aircraft in CCM (so with these planes a lot can be done - but the AI can do that, too). You forgot the ships wth a bombardement the AI can handle and therefore it is also in CCM.

Carriers have a bombardement range of half the range of the attacking aircrafts that are based on these carriers and a rate of fire according to the number of planes that are normally on board of these carriers (rule of thumb). Per example modern carriers have a bombardement range of 12 tiles - the Nimitz-class of 14 tiles. A lot can be done alone with that bombardement, but the AI can do it, too.

I wanted to avoid a kind of gameplay with players, bombing the AI civs with landartillery to death, and the AI civs have no proper defense against that methode as in my eyes this is too easy.

I've downloaded this mod and have been very pleased with it so far. I have to thank the creator for all the hard work put into this to make Civilization III enjoyable again.

However, I am experiencing one persistent problem: The plague of the long load time between turns. Was there never a way to fix this problem? Computers are fairly powerful today compared to when Civilization 3 was released and yet the game can still not take advantage of more powerful processing?

Is there anything I can do aside from decreasing map sizes and the amount of civilizations in this mod to make the game more playable after circa 1500 AD? :confused:

Recon Rover, thank you very much for your kind words about CCM. :)

In the starting window of CCM I put a link to two methods how to increase the gamespeed in Civ 3. Those hints should - as far as I remember - also be accessable in the game concepts. Additionally it helps if not the whole world is revealed in those eras and if as many units are eliminated as there is possible. What mostly slows down the gamespeed in era 3 and era 4 is the huge number of units on the map.

Well, I got to ask a little more about this Nuclear-Safe feature you mentioned....
Sounds very nice...

Not sure I understood the Negative Stealth-attack too, but it could be a nice addition.

Mentioning the AI problems with artillery bombarding for land-units I too really didn't really like not having any land-unit able to bombard. However this mod have changed my mind and as said the bombers is more than enough to beat the crap out of any enemy unit stack. The dive-bombers then finish the job nicely.

Then you had an experiment that sounded nice with land-artillery, It looks like it was another dead-end, but I would like to know if you still believe it can be done in the manner you explained. I was thrilled reading it, but it looks like it had it's draw-backs.

Reading about your upcoming v2 is excitement an-mass.
This CCM is without doubt the Super Mod of the game. The ideas and "twisting" of rules and such is amazing. I'm sure you will put most ideas found out and created not only by you, but many other masterminds in this version.
The wait are indeed more than I can bear, but with hope it will be XMas time one day.

Since you are altering most units lineage and upgrading I will not bother you with my wishes and ideas on how I felt this 1.8 could be altered. It's history as one can say.

Perhaps one noted thing is that I wasn't very happy to see Zeppelins able to win vs a Spitfire. Hard to believe, unless the Spit pilot fell asleep and crashed :crazyeye:

In other words perhaps a bigger "jump" in off-def between the different aircraft-eras.
Guess same goes when the F-16 face a Spitfire. It should be 99% clear outcome in my book.
I was always OK with the spearman killing a tank. It would be like a Taliban with an IED did some work on an Abrams with an open hatch. :aargh:

Hope progress is going fine, even with RL intervening.
:goodjob:

clamel, thank you very much for your kind words about CCM. :)

Well, I got to ask a little more about this Nuclear-Safe feature you mentioned....
Sounds very nice...

This setting was reported by justanick in the CivForum.de. It is one of the new features that are working splendid - or better: too splendid for gameplay. I took the NBC-protection away from the CCM tanks and APCs as it was not so much fun to throw one nuke after the other on technological backwards military and the enemy units are blasted away or are severly harmed and your own tanks have zero damage from that operation.

The only backsetting for a nukemongering general would be, if the civ has forgotten to build the Manhattan Project, as in this case all those superpowerful tanks and APCs cannot been built, as they all must carry the nuclear weapon-flag (not the tactics) to become immune against nukes. This is a nice feature for a SF mod.

Then you had an experiment that sounded nice with land-artillery, It looks like it was another dead-end, but I would like to know if you still believe it can be done in the manner you explained. I was thrilled reading it, but it looks like it had it's draw-backs.

The Naval Power tactics-setting for landartillery and especially for attack helicopters with the Quintillus editor is still much too unrelieable and needs much more time for testing. This feature is not in the next version of CCM.

Since you are altering most units lineage and upgrading I will not bother you with my wishes and ideas on how I felt this 1.8 could be altered. It's history as one can say.

The next version of CCM holds some new unit lines, amongst them line infantry, horse artillery, paks, many new planes and tons of Delta_Stife´s (and others ) new wonderful ships.

Perhaps one noted thing is that I wasn't very happy to see Zeppelins able to win vs a Spitfire. Hard to believe, unless the Spit pilot fell asleep and crashed :crazyeye:

In other words perhaps a bigger "jump" in off-def between the different aircraft-eras.
Guess same goes when the F-16 face a Spitfire. It should be 99% clear outcome in my book.:

To loose a fighter against a Zeppelin with the defense of 1 is bad luck. For the next version of CCM since a longer time the Zeppelin has a defense of only zero.

For fights of early fighters against more advanced aircraft, it is possible that the oldtimers can take out such a plane. Per example in WW II the old Polish PZL P.11 fighters were able to take out more advanced German fighters, so of course they had heavy losses:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PZL_P.11. The Polish fighter aircraft featured better maneuverability over their German counterparts and, because of their design, much better vision from the cockpit. Another point here is the training of the pilots. If I would have to fly a jetfighter, I would have no chance in an air battle without proper training, or more precise: There wouldn´t be an air battle if the pilot is not able to start such a jet. :D

For reasons of gameplay the philosophy in CCM is to give even the weaker opponent a chance to win. Why should I continue to play a game, if it is completely clear that I will always win?

Hope progress is going fine, even with RL intervening.
:goodjob:

Yes, even this evening I was working on the next version of that mod. With the solution of the name-problem for units with the king-flag, many building-slots became free in CCM and now I´m doing graphics to use these new free slots. Now it will be possible to give (at least nearly) all 31 civs special wonders to trigger their GA. Today for example I made the "Wiener Hofburg" for Austria and the "Ho Chi Minh Trial" for Indo-China.

Top Bottom