CCM1 (epic mod)

I am in the middle of the second age and am liking the mod very much. It's very complete and innovative. I'm not too fond of the Enslavers and the other invisible units as they can sneak up on me too easily, especially in the early going; too hard to defend against, especially as the AI can use them to attack cities. Still I am holding my own.

I think that making all civs playing as the default is too much for most computers. Mine is fairly new and turn times were excessive, even with "show my moves" & "show other's moves" turned off. I started over with only 8 civs and it plays like normal.

I also think that some of the auto unit producing wonders become obsolete too quickly. Specifically, Royal Tournament, Royal Garrison & Siege Workshop. I only got 5 Knights, 2 Medieval Infantry and 2 Catapults, respectively, before they expired.

Still, despite these points, I do like the mod. I will continue to play it out to the end and post more comments as they arise. Good work.

Inti Warrior does not enslave. World Map?

Moosezilla, at present my access to the internet is not very comfortable. So I can´t post as frequently as I did before - but this doesn´t mean that I don´t work in Civ 3 modding. :) At present I have the focus at a massive WW II mod (SOE) as this summer another modder fixed the missing soundfiles for hundreds of units and I don´t want that he did this in vain. So at present the CCM world map has only second preference as there are still hundreds of citynames in resource file format missing. The CCM world map will come, but I can´t say yet, when it will be finished. :)

The Inti warrior is an equivalent to the medivial infantry of some mesoamerican civs and not intended to "enslave". For this role there are other units in CCM.

I am in the middle of the second age and am liking the mod very much...It's very complete and innovative. Good work.

Thank you very much for your kind words. :)

I'm not too fond of the Enslavers and the other invisible units as they can sneak up on me too easily, especially in the early going; too hard to defend against, especially as the AI can use them to attack cities. Still I am holding my own.

Azmorg, are you playing an older version of CCM? In the last versions, when workers can detect invisible units, the invisible units have lost a lot of there threat.

I think that making all civs playing as the default is too much for most computers. Mine is fairly new and turn times were excessive, even with "show my moves" & "show other's moves" turned off. I started over with only 8 civs and it plays like normal.

I don´t know what time interval is "excessive" in your eyes. On my old pc with a single core 2,66 pcu the game could be played fluently until two thirds of the techtree of era 2 with 31 civs on a huge random map. With my new pc (i7 860 cpu and 6 GB RAM) the AI turn phases even on the biggest map size with more than 24 remaining civs in era 4 and all graphical options enabled are about 5 minutes.

I also think that some of the auto unit producing wonders become obsolete too quickly. Specifically, Royal Tournament, Royal Garrison & Siege Workshop. I only got 5 Knights, 2 Medieval Infantry and 2 Catapults, respectively, before they expired.

Royal Tournament and Royal Garrison are cheap buildings. I will reflect, if I should do here any changes. To receive only 2 catapults from the Siege Workshop is really poor. Here I gain much, much better numbers and you should consider to build it much earlier in the game (the same with Royal Stables).

Still, despite these points, I do like the mod. I will continue to play it out to the end and post more comments as they arise.

I´m looking forward to your comments. Your constructive criticism is highly appreciated. :) What difficulty level and what world settings are you playing?

I'm playing Pangea, 60% water; Climate, normal; Temperature, temperate; Age, 4 billion; Barbarians, roaming, Nubia; Regent, AI Aggresion, normal.

As I looked back, I realized that I had switched gov'ts from Monarchy to Republic which stopped the Royal Tounament from working, but the comment still holds true for the Royal Garrison & Siege Workshop.

I'm playing with the most recent BIQ and the workers are able to "See Invisible", but I still think that the AI has a definate advantage in the first age as the Apprentice is auto-produced every 12 turns, whereas the Enslaver is auto-produced every 10. Might not seem like much, but I lost two cities before I was half-way through the first age, and with the settlers not auto-producing very quickly, that was a significant hit. Having said this, I guess I should add that I took them both back within about 15 turns, and after that I was pretty much left alone. So perhaps I'm just whining a little.

By only playing 8 civs, my turns are less than a minute, even most of the way through the 3rd age. I find 5 minute turns to be... with all due respect, unacceptable.

Now having said all this, I will end by saying that I really like the auto-producing buildings and the way you've allowed the multiple unit lines and easy upgrade. I also really like the Great Cultural Persons and the Supply Wagon. At first I didn't like how slow the settlers & workers were produced, but I am now pleased with how it has turned out. My territory is manageable, corruption is limited and I have been able to terraform just about everything; so it's worked out. Very nicely done.

The following posts are screen captures to show how I've progressed so far.

Territory is secure.
Mostly done with the 3rd age.
And I'm winning. :D

Attachments

• Territory.JPG
    Territory.JPG
    258.8 KB · Views: 185
  • Age.JPG
    Age.JPG
    202.7 KB · Views: 125
  • Victory Status.JPG
    Victory Status.JPG
    150.1 KB · Views: 186
Civinator, just to let you know I still immensely enjoy your mod (in fact I don't play C3C 'vanilla' anymore).

I would appreciate the world map a lot ;)

Civinator, just to let you know I still immensely enjoy your mod (in fact I don't play C3C 'vanilla' anymore).

I would appreciate the world map a lot ;)

Same here. I have, in fact, been playing this a lot more than Civ V :goodjob:

At present I only have a not so comfortable internet connection with an old laptop, so I´m sorry for the delay in the answers.

I'm playing with the most recent BIQ and the workers are able to "See Invisible", but I still think that the AI has a definate advantage in the first age as the Apprentice is auto-produced every 12 turns, whereas the Enslaver is auto-produced every 10.

You have to add your enslaved workers, the holy men (prophets, priests, missionaries) and the enslavers themselves to that calculation, as they also can detect invisible units. :)

By only playing 8 civs, my turns are less than a minute, even most of the way through the 3rd age. I find 5 minute turns to be... with all due respect, unacceptable.

It is a matter of personal taste what waiting times between two turns are acceptable for a player. Of course more less turntimes are always the better ones. :) On the other side by lowering down the number of civs, the map sizes and other options, a lot of the richness of this mod is given away. For example with only 8 civs you have access to the powerful religious wonders too easily, simplifying the depth of the game. The contest about the dominance in world religions is softened up. But each player has to find his own balance what he finds acceptable in interturn waiting times in comparison to the options he scales down in the game.:) I would never play CCM with less than 31 starting civs and to play CCM with less than 16 starting civs in my eyes seriously influences the balance of the game. But of course this is only my opinion. :)

Now having said all this, I will end by saying that I really like the auto-producing buildings and the way you've allowed the multiple unit lines and easy upgrade. I also really like the Great Cultural Persons and the Supply Wagon. At first I didn't like how slow the settlers & workers were produced, but I am now pleased with how it has turned out. My territory is manageable, corruption is limited and I have been able to terraform just about everything; so it's worked out. Very nicely done.

Thank you very much for your kind words. :)

Civinator, just to let you know I still immensely enjoy your mod (in fact I don't play C3C 'vanilla' anymore). I would appreciate the world map a lot ;)

Same here. I have, in fact, been playing this a lot more than Civ V :goodjob:

Thank you all very much. I enjoy seeing there still is interest in this mod and there are civers who like CCM. :) - and I have to confess I still like CCM a lot, too. :) In my eyes it is a very good way in playing civ - and Civ 3 doesn´t look as ugly and weired as Civ 4 and Civ 5.

The CCM world map will come. The map itself exists since a long time. It is Aeldrik´s world map with an enlarged Europe (resized by CellKu) as it is used in Rocoteh´s famous WW 2 scenario "WW2-Global".

What is new, are the mechanism of gameplay used "inside" this map. For example the tiles where you can build roads and railroads on that map are "programmed", there exist tons of independent cities at the start of the game and there is a massive use of resource cities (my invisible cities concept) that are optically enlarged by citysprawl roads and railroads also giving a lot of different "culture groups" by different city styles (done by different resource-cities) that are fading away through the eras to the citystyles of the normally used culture groups. The Ai will place their cities on that map on the correct places with the correct names.

But before I finish that map (that still needs a lot of work) I want to help bringing a giant WW2 scenario to a real working betatest version. I attache some screenshots of that scenario, as here I use the same technic of resource cities combined with citysprawl roads and railroads.

Spoiler :

[

Attachments

• Malta.jpg
    Malta.jpg
    312.7 KB · Views: 372
  • SOE Stalingrad.jpg
    SOE Stalingrad.jpg
    277.4 KB · Views: 1,049
where can we find that scenario? looks interesting

where can we find that scenario? looks interesting

You can find more information here (so some of the screenshots are outdated):
http://www.stormoverciv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=484

The scenario is called SOE (Storm Over Europe) and was on a hold to finish a working betatest version of CCM. Now next to come is a working betatest version of SOE while still working on the CCM worldmap, too. :)

For Civ 3 Complete do i install in the firaxis file (where c3c is) and unzip to same files stated for inforgames??

Thanks for the help, looking forward to playing this!

Okay, i got it. here is the path.

Firaxis Games/Civ 3 Complete/Conquests/Conquests

worked like a dream, enjoying so far, no speed problems yet....looking good...

Civinator the pedia says you get 4 units per town and per city, but you get 6 per town. The editor does show 6 for town and 6 for city.

vmxa, thank you very much for your report. :) That error will be fixed with the next version of the CCM civilopedia.

I just discovered that a new CCM succession always war game was started by ThERat, CommandoBob, Northern Pike, M60A3TTS, Elephantium and vmxa. Here is a link for civers who are interested in watching this game:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=396228

I wish good luck to all this bold players! :)

-----------------

allhailcaesar, I´m glad, that you like CCM thus far. :)

I must be missing something - It takes 20 secs for my turns and 3 mins for the AI on turn 45. What is the problem - is it my old comp?

It takes 20 secs for my turns and 3 mins for the AI on turn 45. What is the problem - is it my old comp?
Unfortunately, pretty much.

I got a new computer that can run civ 5 easily. With that CCM becomes bearable with fast IT.

Top Bottom