Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Modpacks' started by Civinator, Dec 23, 2017.
Thanks, Jersey Joe, I will try that.
Hi there looks like a great mod. New to these forums
I had an error message. I then went back and emptied my Virtual Store and re-loaded an earlier save and had the error message again. I scanned through these pages quickly but couldnt see a posting for it, apologies if I missed a previous posting
Art\Units\Enslaved Worker\Enslaved Worker.INI
Railroads n' Cavalry, welcome at CFC!
It seems you have done one of the most common errors when installing CCM2. The unit 'Enslaved Worker' is one of the units of the normal C3C installation. You have to do a copy of the C3C Art-folder and rename the original Art-folder to Art-orig (or something like that). The same procedure should be done with the Text and sounds folders. Without that procedure the containt of the original C3C Art-folder (including the unit 'Enslaved Worker' and all other C3C units) are missing in the installation of CCM2. The filled folders Art, Text and sounds must be there before starting the installation of CCM2. You need the Art-orig, Text-orig and sounds-orig folders, so you can simply and rapidly switch back to the original C3C files, if you want to do this.
It´s a kind of copy protection, that a civer who wants to install CCM2, needs the original C3C files from the Art folder to receive a complete installation of CCM2. Your post shows, that this copy protection is working. Here is the installation instruction from page 1 of this thread. As far as I remember at least the units 'Cruiser' and 'Inquisitor' are replaced from the units in the original Art folder by better looking units in the CCM2 Zip-file. So it is the best to repeat the installation procedure. If you simply copy the original C3C Art files into the Art folder of your CCM2 installation, you will replace some CCM2 files with the old C3C files.
Thanks Civinator, unfortunately I have re-done all that and still getting the Enslaved Worker error.
1) I deleted the Art / Text / Sounds folders completely after creating the back up
2) I reinstalled the scenario
3) I checked I have nothing in the Virtual Store
4) I replaced the Pedialcons file in Text as I am Steam player and advice earlier was to do that
5) Ran the game using the new Antal file
Now I am scratching my head what has not gonee right??
Railroads n' Cavalry, if you still have the same problems, this means, the art folder that is used by the game doesn´t hold the units of the original art folder of C3C yet.
When you copy the art folder in the Conquests main file you will normally have an Art folder and a folder that is named Art(1) or something like that. Important is, that in this step of the installation both Art folders hold the original C3C units. Than you have to rename one of these Art folders to Art-orig (or something like that) and one of those folders must be still named Art. In the next step the files of the CCM2 download must be unzipped, so the units of the CCM2 download will be added to the existing C3C units in the Art folder.
You can do a quick test, if your current Art folder in the new C3C mainfile contains the original C3C units, by looking into that folder. If that folder doesn´t contain the unit 'Enslaved Worker' (and the other original C3C units), you have forgotten to copy the Art folder of the C3C mainfile before installing CCM2.
And you are really not the only one who had this problem with the installation. Here you can read one of those posts and in the following posts how it was solved. Here and here you can read some other examples. Now I wish you good luck with the installation.
BtW.: For Steam users, it is the Labels text file of the download that must be renamed and replaced - not the pediaicons file. All your textfiles of the original C3C installation, including the original C3C pediaicons file are in the folder that you have renamed to Text-Orig.
Deleted, as my last post -one more time - was doubled at CFC. One klick but two posts.
I'm playing as India and just gotten "Blitzkrieg tactics"; poor India has no tank in this advance, not even the generic Tank. Is this correct?
jlvfr, at that time of that tech, it seems, that India was indeed very poor with tanks. The generic (Czech) tank is not working very well for India. It seems, that later India received some Grants/Lees and even later some Shermans (what they have in CCM2, too). After some reflections, I will set the biq for India to receive access to Grant tanks with tech 'Blitzkrieg tactics'.
Thank you very much for your report.
At present I play a CCM2 testgame to see how the dozends of fixes for the upcoming patch (that still will be very small in size!) are working. One of those fixes is the correction of the time scale, that is now a modified CCM1 time scale again (plus 40 turns at the end for civers, who are thinking, that 500 turns are not enough).
The current result is so surprising, that I did a screenshot about it:
In that testgame it is now 1800 AD, the tech 'Napoleonic Age' is in research and France just made a surprise attack at Germany:
Civinator... Very Good! Happy to see you are still working on CCM2.
Yes, I am still doing some work on EFZI2 Elite and I planned on Uploading the entire Game again this month but as I want to do a little more work, I may postpone the Upload for the the entire game and simply post a simple zip file to Update it for now. Normally, that can cause some people difficulty to place the files correctly.
Just because it may be small in bytes does not mean it is small fixes, tweaks and all around playability!
Thank You for continuing to work on it!
Wow! What incredible timing.
Yes, this is the current list of fixes for the upcoming CCM2.50 patch:
1. Fix of the culture victory:
a) Culture provided by Monks halved (100) ; Great Artist stays by 1000
b) Opera houses now come with tech Napoleonic Age
c) Great Playhouse: Doubling-culture bonus from that GW removed. Civilopedia adjusted, including no 25% production
d) Techtree changes to compensate the gap in techbox of tech Free Artistry by removing the Opera:
- Mausoleum to tech City State and obsolete with tech Free Artistry ; Civilopedia
- Gold Mine to tech Monarchy
- Wavel Castle obsolete with tech Industrialization ; Tech: Civilopedia
e) Hagia Sophia: Culture reduced to 4
f) Dome of the Rocks: Culture reduced to 4
2. Turn setting of CCM1 reintroduced (500 plus 40):
Better time scale for most parts of the game without using monthly turns. Time
distortions in late era 3 and era 4, when most games are still finished and not through
the complete game.
3. Early naval units switched back to old settings: can enter sea terrain again.
4. Resources Hardwood, Saltpeter and Elephants disappearance ratio set to zero.
5. Govt. Theocracy: Unit supportcost reduced to 1, Assimilation reduced to 2.
6. Diplomats and Spies:
- Plant Spy not for diplomats
- Initiate propaganda for diplomats, too and base costs slightly lowered (30=> 25)
7. Civ-trait 'Organized' set back to 'Religious'.
8. Tech Humanism: Bonus tech removed.
- The '15b) Luxury Resources' page now lists all 10 luxuries
- The '27d) Leaders' page now mentions a military leader upgrading to artillery
- Civilopedia entries for monks and great artists fixed
- Catapult ship entries now list iron as a requirement
- Inca/Southamerica: Civilopedia entry fixed
- Buildings large and small file updated
- Steam engine: coal must not be in city radius
- Great Religious Center needs Religious Center as a prerequisite
- War Memorial: Costs and civilopedia entry fixed
- Tobacco Plantage: Wonder Splash fixed
11. Unit fixes:
- War Elephant: Elephant as requirement resource is fixed
- Hokulea: Transport capacity now 3
- Italian and some other workers: one population point added
- Luxury Liner: Resource Gamemechanics added
- Tarawa Class: Resource Gamemechanics added
- Defense values of the pak units raised from 6 to 7
- Zenta Class: PediaIcons entry fixed
- Tegetthoff Class WWII: PediaIcons entry fixed
- Early Fighter: PediaIcons entry fixed
- Turkish WWI Infantry: Civilopedia glitch fixed
- Long Range Patrols: Airlift enabled
- Sahariana: Airlift enabled
- India now has Grant tank with tech Blitzkrieg tactics
- King unit William of Orange: PediaIcons entry fixed
No changes about the following reports, as I found no better alternatives:
- The Arabian Rifleman and the Arabian Infantry WWI look the same
- The movement bonus on horse artillery is maybe a bit too much
Edit: The patch is uploaded and the download of the CCM2.50 mainfiles is updated to the patched files.
Vuldacon, let´s hope, we can finish our zip files before Christmas and than we will do a nice Christmas thread in these forums.
andrefri, this is a known error - and as you can see in the list in the post above (top 11, pos. 9), it is part of the upcoming patch for CCM2.
Oh, sry Civinator, i dont look this.
Man, do u have any idea when this patch will be finish ?
The CCM2.50 patch (attached to this post):
A big thank you very much to all civers, who reported errors of CCM2.50 and made this patch possible.
A. If you have downloaded your version of CCM2.50 on 23 December 2019 or newer, you don´t need this patch, as your CCM2.50 files are already updated to the patched version.
B. The size of the patch is only 1,8 MB. You can see the content of the patch here.
C. Installation of the patch, if you have an older download of CCM2.50 installed on your pc in your C3C mainfolder:
1. Make sure, that the VirtualStore of your pc doesn´t hold a copy of the old CCM2 conquests biq, otherwise the old biq will overwrite your new patched biq when you start a game.
2. Unzip the patch into the (expanded) Conquests mainfolder and let the new files overwrite the old ones.
The patch will overwrite:
a) In the Text folder the files Civilopedia, labels, labels-Steam CivComplete Patch and PediaIcons
b) In the Art\city screen folder the files buildings-large and buildings-small and in the Art\units folder the INI file of the British Cavalry
3. The conquests biq, that was changed by your old CCM2.50 download in your Conquests mainfolder must be overwritten, too.
Only for users of the Steam version of Civ 3 Complete after having installed the patch: Please don´t forget to rename the patched labels-Steam CivComplete Patch text file to labels, as otherwise you can run into the text bug of the Steam version of Civ 3 Complete (other versions of Civ 3 Complete, especially the GOG version, don´t have this lousy problem).
Hooray and Merry Xmas!
Separate names with a comma.