CCM2 Epic Mod

The download is worknig, but its unfortunately incredibly slow, it takes 2 days to download the mod which is not so ideal in a non-p2p scenario.

Has anyone have an explanation for this or an advice how to get it properly?

Diviner, it seems you have a very slow internet connection, as my test downloads for CCM2.50 were 8 and 9 minutes. I can feel with you (and all others who suffer from such slow internet connections) as I never forget my own experiences with slow internet connections when I joined the SOE-team and tried to download SOE for days in 2004 (or 2005). This problem was touched by Hirmuolio some posts above, with the suggestion to use 7zip to make the download a little bit smaller, but I think this wouldn´t solve your problem considerably, if you now need only 47 hours instead of 48 hours and on the other side many people are asking in this thread, what is this for a software, where can I get it and how must I handle it.

I found a typing error in the civilopedia entry for the Hokulea. The biq has the transport capacity as 2.

As a side note; It would be convenient if all the patches where in 1 post (maybe reserved post 4).

Jersey Joe, thank you very much for reporting that error in the civilopedia. :)

The fix will be included in the upcoming patch. At present it is planned to directly add the patch as zip-file to post one of the CCM2 thread, as for the fix of the currently reported errors, it is still sufficient to replace only three small files: The biq and the pediaicons and civilopedia textfiles, having a size of about 1,19 MB zipped.

Diviner, it seems you have a very slow internet connection, as my test downloads for CCM2.50 were 8 and 9 minutes. I can feel with you (and all others who suffer from such slow internet connections) as I never forget my own experiences with slow internet connections when I joined the SOE-team and tried to download SOE for days in 2004 (or 2005). This problem was touched by Hirmuolio some posts above, with the suggestion to use 7zip to make the download a little bit smaller, but I think this wouldn´t solve your problem considerably, if you now need only 47 hours instead of 48 hours and on the other side many people are asking in this thread, what is this for a software, where can I get it and how must I handle it.

Actually this slowness is observed in many downloads coming directly from civfanatics, and it's normally one or two magnitude faster from other sites. If we were back in 2006 I wouldn't say a word, but the connections improved vastly since that, that's why I found it strange :) Ultimately I have finished the download using the old ways when I was a child and the PC sometimes was working all night to finish a download :D

Thanks for the reply anyways!

When my capital city reached the 180.000 offering another great artist it stayed at 180.000, it did raise the cultural points for the whole civilization to 485.128. But the next turn I got the message that I achieved a cultural victory.

I thought to have a Cultural victory you had to have 180.000 in one city AND 500.000 in the whole civilization. But apparently not.

When my capital city reached the 180.000 offering another great artist it stayed at 180.000, it did raise the cultural points for the whole civilization to 485.128. But the next turn I got the message that I achieved a cultural victory.

I thought to have a Cultural victory you had to have 180.000 in one city AND 500.000 in the whole civilization. But apparently not.

XTC, congratulations to your victory! :king:

The cultural victory conditions are not cummulative. In the current CCM2 succession game, the players try to reach a 180k single city victory. Here it was found out, that the prerequisites of a 180 k single city victory with the current settings of CCM2.50 can be reached very easily, so the settings will be reworked in the upcomming patch. Here you can read more about it (including the intended fixes):

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/lk161-australia-ccm-2-5-180k-goal.649583/page-3#post-15549913
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/lk161-australia-ccm-2-5-180k-goal.649583/page-3#post-15551052
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/lk161-australia-ccm-2-5-180k-goal.649583/page-4#post-15559110

XTC, at which date of the game and with what setting of your difficulty level have you reached your cultural victory ?

It was turn 509, I had only an opera in the city so I needed almost 90 great artist to reach it. Reading those posts it could be much easier to achieve that goal. I was even afraid I didn't reach it because several lawyers were killed in action while fighting opponents with only one hit point.

Actually I just started the game without changing the settings, I played it on the largest map with the maximum players.

Several times I had to use a save game because my automated bombers were repeating their action endlessly.

Civinator;
The Civilopedia entry for War Elephants has Elephants listed as a requirement for the build. The biq file has Spices as the requirement. However, neither Punic War Elephants nor Asian War Elephants builds have a requirement of Elephants (or Spices).
Also the Punic War Elephant and Asian War Elephant only cost 40 shields to build while the "base" War Elephant costs 65 shields to build.
Only the Asian War Elephant has a direct upgrade to Hussar. The Punic War Elephant upgrades to an Asian War Elephant. The "base" War Elephant upgrades to a Punic War Elephant.

Only the Asian War Elephant has a direct upgrade to Hussar. The Punic War Elephant upgrades to an Asian War Elephant. The "base" War Elephant upgrades to a Punic War Elephant
So...

War Elephant (all Civs?)
-->
Punic WE (Carthage only?)
-->
Asian WE (Asian Civs only?)
-->
Hussar (all Civs?)
-->
???

But... this is how Civ3 unit-upgrades always operate...?

Any given unit can only upgrade to one other unit, so if you want a 'base unit' to connect to an 'end-point unit', then all the intermediate units must be chained, even if not all Civs can build them. Any units in an upgrade-chain which are unbuildable for a specific Civ (e.g. because they're not 'Available to', or because of tech- or resource-lacks) are then just skipped over by that Civ.
Spoiler Three cheers for Captain Obvious... :
It's just like how the Chariot -> Cav line works in Firaxis-Civ3:

Chariot (all Civs but Egypt and Hittites); or War Chariot (Egypt only); or 3MC (Hittites only)
-->
Horseman (not available to Egypt, Hittites, or Iroquois)
-->
Mounted Warrior (Iroquois only)
-->
Knight
-->
[all the Knight-equivalent UUs, including the Indian War Elephant -- I don't remember the exact order!]
-->
Cavalry

i.e. even if you lack Iron/Chivalry, after you learn MilTrad (and have Horses + Saltpeter), you can still upgrade any remaining Horsemen (or War Chariots!) directly to Cavs -- provided you have the gold to do so (at 150 gold per unit, it'll be expensive!)

Last edited:
Only the Asian War Elephant has a direct upgrade to Hussar. The Punic War Elephant upgrades to an Asian War Elephant. The "base" War Elephant upgrades to a Punic War Elephant.

Yeah, that's an upgrade chain. In-game, all three would upgrade to the Hussar.

EDIT: x-post

Civinator;
The Civilopedia entry for War Elephants has Elephants listed as a requirement for the build. The biq file has Spices as the requirement. However, neither Punic War Elephants nor Asian War Elephants builds have a requirement of Elephants (or Spices).
Also the Punic War Elephant and Asian War Elephant only cost 40 shields to build while the "base" War Elephant costs 65 shields to build.

Jersey Joe, thank you very much for reporting the error, that the War Elephant is set for spices as a prerequisite. :) The normal setting of elephants as a prerequisite was mixed up with spices cause of reordering the slots of many strategic and luxury resources in CCM2.50. It is fixed now for the next version of the biq.

The other settings seem to work well. It is intended, to only set the War Elephants to the resource elephants as prerequisite. This unit is the elephant unit for civs, that in history had no such units (Mesoamerican civs, European civs and so on). Therefore it is more expensive and needs an additional prerequisite. The civs that were famous for using war elephants in history (Maghreb=Carthage, India, Indo-China) have the other 'elephant units' that need no resources and are cheaper, to assure, that these civs will use these units always in their games.

It seems the upgrade chains are working well. When looking at the techtree during a game you can compare the entry of the unit that it should upgrade to in the civilopedia and the hardcoded entry for the upgrading, only working for the civ that is actually been played. If both upgrade entries are identical for the unit of the played civ, the upgrade chain is working well. Please don´t forget, that CCM, like many other mods, is using the advanced upgrade setting to allow, that a base unit can upgrade to different more advanced units for different civs.

Edit: tjs282 and Virote_Considon thank you both very much for explaining the upgrade chain. :) Here my post is another x-post.

Attachments

• Elephant upgrade.jpg
    Elephant upgrade.jpg
    227.1 KB · Views: 717
Last edited:
What I was worried about in the War Elephant upgrade chain was the cost. Currently a War Elephant is "upgraded" to 40 shield Asian Elephant then to a Hussar. Would an upgrade to a Hussar cost less if it went directly from a 65 shield War Elephant to a Hussar?

What I was worried about in the War Elephant upgrade chain was the cost. Currently a War Elephant is "upgraded" to 40 shield Asian Elephant then to a Hussar. Would an upgrade to a Hussar cost less if it went directly from a 65 shield War Elephant to a Hussar?

Even with the 'advanced' techtree settings, the upgrades are always 'directly', as the units of the upgrade chain, that cannot been built by a civ, are skipped.
So the upgrade costs for a 65 shield War Elephant to a 70 shield hussar are 5 shields and from a 40 shield Asian Elephant to a 70 shield hussar are 30 shields, what is also intended.

I wrote in two earlier posts that I had to shoot many camels to conquer an enemy city and I think the reason why they were not upgraded now I have the small wonder Desert Fox myself. When I want to upgrade that camel it has to become a Camel Musketeer due to the progress of scientific research. And that upgrade is not free, it costs 90 gold. And if the national treasure is low there isn't enough money to do the upgrade and the camels stay camels.....

When an Italian workers enters a city the 'join city (B)'-button appears. Clicking that button doesn't let that city grow, but that Italian worker is gone

Why do some units, like the chariot, not have (E)xplore possibility?

I do love the sounds that various units have, but the sound of the Medieval Naval Explorer is comparing to the sounds of the other units quite loud. Can that be adjusted?

I wrote in two earlier posts that I had to shoot many camels to conquer an enemy city and I think the reason why they were not upgraded now I have the small wonder Desert Fox myself. When I want to upgrade that camel it has to become a Camel Musketeer due to the progress of scientific research. And that upgrade is not free, it costs 90 gold. And if the national treasure is low there isn't enough money to do the upgrade and the camels stay camels.....

Yes, this can be, but the question stays, why the civ hadn´t upgraded those camels before.

When an Italian workers enters a city the 'join city (B)'-button appears. Clicking that button doesn't let that city grow, but that Italian worker is gone

XTC, thank you very much for reporting this error. :) For the Italian worker and some others there was forgotten to add one population point to those units. This is now fixed for the next biq.

Because their main role should be to attack and not to explore.

I do love the sounds that various units have, but the sound of the Medieval Naval Explorer is comparing to the sounds of the other units quite loud. Can that be adjusted?

You have to replace the current sound files in the unit folder of the Medieval Naval Explorer by sound files you like more and to rewrite the INI file inside the unit folder to the name of the new sound file - and don´t forget here to add the suffixes .wav or .amb at the end of the names of your new sound files for that unit. By doing this, you made your first step of a normal player to a modder. :D

Yes, this can be, but the question stays, why the civ hadn´t upgraded those camels before.

XTC, thank you very much for reporting this error. :) For the Italian worker and some others there was forgotten to add one population point to those units. This is now fixed for the next biq.

Because their main role should be to attack and not to explore.

You have to replace the current sound files in the unit folder of the Medieval Naval Explorer by sound files you like more and to rewrite the INI file inside the unit folder to the name of the new sound file - and don´t forget here to add the suffixes .wav or .amb at the end of the names of your new sound files for that unit. By doing this, you made your first step of a normal player to a modder. :D

Maybe it is because they acquired the Desert fox quite late, like I did. After all it is in the desert which isn't exactly the terrain to put buid a city.

Maybe it is because they acquired the Desert fox quite late, like I did. After all it is in the desert which isn't exactly the terrain to build a city.

Well it isn't that I don't like the sound, it is just it's loudness compared to the other sounds. I don't know how to adjust that

Last edited:
I wanted to build a city but I got the message "too many cities". This is the first time ever I got that message, but in my game I don't have that many cities. Does that mean that the AI have a lot of cities? And the only way for me now is to conquer those cities?

I wanted to build a city but I got the message "too many cities". This is the first time ever I got that message, but in my game I don't have that many cities. Does that mean that the AI have a lot of cities? And the only way for me now is to conquer those cities?

This message appears, when the number of cities on the map exceeds 512 in total (cities of the human player plus AI players). Here you can read more about it. It means in your current game, the AI has a lot of cities. You can gain a new city in your current game by conquering an AI city or by abandoning one of your own cities.

Patches with a NCL (No city limit) -component at present can not be recommended by me, as all of them in their present appearance soon run into severe memory problems (and in your current game they are not useful at all). You can read more about it in the posts that are connected with the link above.

Top Bottom