Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Something Else

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • Prefer Not To Say

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Tee Kay

Three days sober
Haven't made a thread in a while and the first thing I ask about is people's sexuality

Some years ago I set out of CivFanatics into the scary wilderness of Outside and since then I've made some actual, honest-to-god, real life friends. Like, we talk and hang out in person on a regular basis and everything. What I've noticed, is that most of my friends - mostly Australian 20-somethings young men and the occasional woman - identify as something other than straight or heterosexual.

And reports and polling suggest that a growing identification as other than heterosexual is a growing trend in wider society as well especially among people my age and younger. Which piques my curiosity about the demographics of this forum that I called home for much of my extended adolescence.

I made the poll itself secret but if you want to share personal information on a public forum be my guest. Or discuss anything else you like about sexual orientation and how our society has changed over the years on that front. And perhaps what you think might be coming next.

I align closest to straight, I guess. There are some sexual things going on in regards to men but they are fairly limited, and my romantic feelings are almost strictly towards women. I wouldn't really call myself bisexual because it'd very likely give false hope and I don't see a gain in that for anyone involved.

Sexually I'm probably 90% women, 10% men, 0% nb. Romantically it's likely around 95% women, 0% men, 5% nb.

But this will probably change in the future. 'Cuz it's a spectrum, yo.

I used to be bi but college turned me straight (not serious way of saying basically straight)

Last edited:
Yeah I could have gone with the Kinsey scale for the poll (I'm a 4) but that still wouldn't cover degrees of asexuality or other nuances.

So I thought I'd keep it simple and went with categories commonly(ish) understood in the English-speaking Western world.

I recently did a "quiz" based on movies to determine your sexuality. It said I was definitely heterosexual. But that just meant that I didn't enjoy watching chick flicks.

Doesn't sound very scientific. I suspect the author believes there are no gay rugby players and all female shotputters are lesbian too.

What I've noticed, is that most of my friends - mostly Australian 20-somethings young men and the occasional woman - identify as something other than straight or heterosexual.

And reports and polling suggest that a growing identification as other than heterosexual is a growing trend in wider society as well especially among people my age and younger. Which piques my curiosity about the demographics of this forum that I called home for much of my extended adolescence.

I made the poll itself secret but if you want to share personal information on a public forum be my guest. Or discuss anything else you like about sexual orientation and how our society has changed over the years on that front. And perhaps what you think might be coming next.

The gay agenda isn't real. They're just fighting to be recognized as human!

I'm gay, but since I'm "straight acting", most people don't notice. And it's not really nice to have to tell it all over again all the time.

Which is also why such quizzes are not to be taken seriously. Sexuality is much too complex for that. As is gender, and behavior and so on. I feel like posting the four ancient Greek conceptions of Love in here. You now, ágape, eros, philia and... forgot the last one... :)

I need a 3-axis chart to explain it, where X is attraction to men, Y attraction to women and Z total sexual interest. My coordinates are (3, 17, -.05)

I really wish I could be Oberyn Martell style bi and just bang all the pretty people that crossed my path. But I just don't have it in me, dudes are icky.

edit: I also don't know how to fight with a spear so there's a lot that would need to happen for this reality to come true.

I really wish I could be Oberyn Martell style bi and just bang all the pretty people that crossed my path. But I just don't have it in me, dudes are icky.

edit: I also don't know how to fight with a spear so there's a lot that would need to happen for this reality to come true.

It's not all bad, you give me a skull-splitting headache all the time, so there's at least some Oberyn in ya. :mischief:

Frankly men gross me out a bit and I love women but I don't understand why they love us but I'm thankful for it
Haven't you seen photographs of @Snerk?

I've never felt attracted to women sexually in any way, and I've never felt even the slightest inclination to explore a lesbian romance.

Top Bottom