Chances growing for big screen version of The Hobbit

Bilbo could wear a jerkin emblazoned with "Just Say No".

Originally posted by Yoda Power
My uncles wifes friend have talked to PJ about getting some Danish longboat builders to New Zealand for that riven city. Im not kidding.

edit-I might want to add that my uncles wifes friend is a longboat builder.

how much dose a longboat cost these days? (i'm serious, I wanna know :))

Originally posted by Yoda Power

edit-I might want to add that my uncles wifes friend is a longboat builder.
Your uncles wifes friend? That reminds me of that Conan movie.. "who cares who's brother's sister's cousin it is?!"

Anyway, longboat builder sounds like a great job..

I'd see it if Peter Jackson made it. Mostly because it would then be more likely to have the flavor of the Ring movies, making the whole thing a unit (the Hobbit is basically a prequel, even if it is a children's book).

And I think the Hobbit could easily be made into a movie without making it a kid's movie. The writing is much simpler than the Ring books, but we have plenty of "mature" movies out now with a whole heck of a lot less plot.

Originally posted by Xen

how much dose a longboat cost these days? (i'm serious, I wanna know :))
Dunno they are pretty rare, im lucky enough to be member of a longboat sailer club so I can get cheap tours, but I have no idea of the cost to actually buy one. Remember they are all hand made.

Originally posted by superunknown
Anyway, longboat builder sounds like a great job..
I think it is, exept you cant live of it, yet;)

oh and sorry for the OT, I was merely answering questions:rolleyes:

I think if they can turn star wars in to a throroughly fluffy kid-pulling enterprise as per episode I, they could equally twist the Hobbit to represent portions of the darkness portrayed in LOTR. Its all there - the goblins, the flesh eating trolls, smaug the dragon, a forest full of giant spiders, epic battle at the finish, etc - it will all come down to Jackson's visual interpretation. I for one reckon it would be fantastic!

I would love to see The Hobbit made. It is one of my favourite books of all time. I even had a painting of Smaug burning down Lake-Town as my desktop.

Top Bottom