Changing American Demographics

Norseone

Emperor
You thought I was goona talk about hispanics didnt you? No, I wanna talk about this article. http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1834402,00.html

The other day I was driving in a rural area near my home, and suddenly I saw what appeared to be a horse and buggy. I went home to make sure I wasnt having some kind of halloucination and found out from my parents that yes, some Amish families had just moved into my area. Then, today I just saw this article. So, the amish population (almost) doubles every 16 years. That means in 100 years the amish population will be into the 10s of millions

But seriously, are there any other religious groups that are still growing this fast in the developed world. I know abotu the amish and the FLDS.

I support more German speaking people in the United States.

Do you support me taking German 1 this semester in college?

I support everyone taking German, everywhere.

Even if you live in Nigeria.

The FLDS population growth isn't all that statistically significant I think, at least not when compared to that of the regular LDS church. I think LDS membership in America increases by about half a million or so each year.

They have really dirty feet, and can sometimes smell a little. But overall they're good people.

The FLDS population growth isn't all that statistically significant I think, at least not when compared to that of the regular LDS church. I think LDS membership in America increases by about half a million or so each year.

well in pure numbers its not signifigant...but if they dont start getting higher drop out rates it will be fairly soon. They are what 20,000 strong? I recall reading that well over half of FLDS members are under 18. if they keep up that it could become very large, not that I think they will. They probably have a relatively high drop out rate that will slow their growth.

Good thing the Republicans offended all the Hispanics with the failure of immigration reform :p

I support more German speaking people in the United States.

Take a greyhound through Cleveland if you want to practice your German. For whatever reason, there's always been Amish people when I've passed through the station (oh and it's a beautiful example of Art Deco too btw!).

It's the only place I've had a conversation in (broken) German outside Europe.

Take a greyhound through Cleveland if you want to practice your German. For whatever reason, there's always been Amish people when I've passed through the station (oh and it's a beautiful example of Art Deco too btw!).

I've ridden a greyhound on the way to New Orleans in 2005. Sorry to say that probably most of the people I saw on that bus didn't make it to 2006. They were in very bad shape.

Top Bottom