Chicago CFC Meetup Ideas Thread

If you guys are going to see the Air and Water Show, I'd recommend seeing it from the John Hancock observatory. I saw it from there once (on pure coincidence though, I didn't realize it was going on that week), and it was pretty neat, because you're high enough to be looking down on the airplanes doing stuff rather then just on the beach looking up.

If you guys are going to see the Air and Water Show, I'd recommend seeing it from the John Hancock observatory. I saw it from there once (on pure coincidence though, I didn't realize it was going on that week), and it was pretty neat, because you're high enough to be looking down on the airplanes doing stuff rather then just on the beach looking up.
That might be interesting but I think it's even better from a boat when they're screaming over your head and you're outside. That's why I said to DT that if it's he and a friend they can join us. More than that wouldn't be possible since we'll likely have 15-18 people on board (Saturday and Sunday).

Some pics...

Either sounds good. You can't really go wrong with the Air and Water Show :goodjob:

I am planning to go to the air and water show anyways. Maybe while I'm there, I'll briefly show up for a meet up just for the hell of it. Although I don't think I have a very strong presence on these boards and probably not widely known. I might feel like a weirdo showing up if there isn't a lot of people.

Let's bear in mind that many events like Air and Water/Cubs game/concerts in park/multitude of festivals can be attended by anyone. I would suggest all of them would be a better option than a bar or restaurant which can be attended by the overflow crowd afterwards.

Well if it's something like that, I'll be down most likely.

Almost anything is good with me.

subscribed, on the unlikely event I can make it out ;) this is a meetup with people I'd want to meet!

Careful, there is barely enough bandwidth left on the interwebs to hold my ever-growing ego.

OK if we want to narrow down dates around events I would suggest...

7/17 or 7/18 for Sheffield Garden Walk $7 www.sheffieldfestivals.org

8/7 or 8/8 Retro on Roscoe $5
Also the weekend for Lollapalooza

8/14 or 8/15 Air and Water Show I can't take everyone out but could meet up afterwards. Integral said this date is a possibility and it sounds like Woody and Dannyshenanigan will be present that day.

If the 14/15th works out best, I'm more than happy to take a crew of OTers to watch the show at a different location, then catch up with you after.

I just got my schedule. I could also do a weekend in Mid June, or certain weekdays...but I will be all over the country moving stuff/playing music in late June/4th of July weekend, as well as the start of June.

I will be in Chicago and have a lot of time to kill on Friday, July 23rd

Top Bottom