Children of the Emperor – Life and Death amidst the Clans of Japan

Economic Influence:
218-E-1: Shall we gift 250 gold to Belgrade at the next opportunity (prolonging our alliance, retaining the luxury)?
NO

Cultural Influence Votes:
218-C-1: What social policy to adopt?
Landed Elite

Economic Influence:

218-E-1: Shall we gift 250 gold to Belgrade at the next opportunity (prolonging our alliance, retaining the luxury)?
Yes

Organised Religion

Votes for Marutei Tsurunen in Kyoto:

Kyoto Local Influence Votes:
218-KL-1: What to produce in Kyoto?
National Epic

218-KL-2: What shall we add to the construction queue in Kyoto (after whatever we decide to build)?

nothing

Economic Influence:
a)Yes

Organized Religion

Votes for Ringfinger in Satsuma:

Satsuma Local Influence Votes:
Should we add anything to Satsuma's production queue?
A) Market

Economic Influence:
a)Yes

Organized Religion

Economic Influence:
Yes

Organized Religion

The Council of T218
Spoiler Voting Results :

Kyoto Local Influence Votes:
218-KL-1: What to produce in Kyoto?
Stoneworks

218-KL-2: What shall we add to the construction queue in Kyoto (after whatever we decide to build)?
National Epic

Tokyo Local Influence
218-TL-1 Add to Tokyo's build queue after the Walls:
a) Lighthouse

Satsuma Local Influence Votes:
Should we add anything to Satsuma's production queue?
B) Lighthouse

Economic Influence:
a)Yes

Organized Religion

Sparthage the Younger of the Shihai clan is dimssed from the council for inactivity.
Single Stack of the Kagaku clan takes his place in Osaka.
Spoiler :

1545 AD (T219)
Tokyo completes training a pikeman and begins building walls. The pikemen are name Yarihei Sentinaru.
We adopt a policy of organized religion, which makes the people very happy. (The happiness bonuses are given to the cities with the monuments and temples)
Rodosha Kajo completes building a trading post in Kagoshima and begins building the next one.

1550 AD (T220)
We receive word that our deal to give furs to Mongolia in exchange for dyes has ended.
This Is interesting because we never had any furs until the bug infested furs we received from Cathy during the past council session.
We were giving Mongolia dyes in exchange for spices.
But now we have 2 furs even though Cathy is only giving us one and we don't have any locally.
We have no dyes, even though we're producing 3, and exporting 2, although we're only aware of exporting one to Cathy.
On the other hand, we still have these wonderful spices with no idea where they are coming from.
Did you follow all that?
If not its probably best to simply take another snort of the magic frog dust and not worry about it, because that’s the way things seem to be at the moment.
We certainly don't need 2 ratty bug infested furs, so pursuant to our trade policy we look for someone to take the excess oen since it won't affest our happiness.
Genghis Khan is eager to renew the fur for dye deal, so there we are. Good frog, good frog.
Spoiler :

In less bizarre news, our ally Belgrade gives us a crossbowman.
He is named Ishiyumi Kimyona. He will remain in Belgrade until the next council votes on where he should go.

1555 AD (T221)
Washington is upset about our military untis near his border. We tell him that they mean no harm but he doesn't seem to believe us.
Rome and Germany sign a research agreement.
Spoiler :

1560 AD (T222)
Genghis really likes the buggy Russian pelts we gave him and declares friendship with Cathy.
Mongolia also announces they are now protecting Dublin.
Rodosha Shujin completes a jungle trading post in Osaka an moves to construct one on the grassland.

1565 AD (T223)
Catherine is excited that we are now both friends with Mongolia and asks us to be her friend too.
Our current policy is to only be friends with Mongolia, and she is dissappointed when we tell her we'd rather go it alone.
Mongolia denounces Germany.
Kyoto completes a stoneworks and begins building the national epic.
A new citizen is born in Kagoshima. Its tomplum 68 of the Gaiko clan.

1570 AD (T224)
Arabia completes the Taj Mahal.
We are no longer friends with Ragusa. They stop supplying Kyoto with food and accuse Kishi Ransu of trespassing.
Since Ragusa is no longer at war with America, Kishi Ransu doesn't need to delay American troops and withdraws to Osaka.

1575 AD (T225)
Germany denounces us!
Mongolia denounces Rome.
Pythagoras publishes a list of the world's most literate people. He says there is someone out there less literate than Japan, but won't tell us who.
America and Rome sign a research agreement.
Spoiler :

1580 AD (T226)
Our research agreement with Genghis Khan is complete and we learn the secrets of gunpowder.
Kagoshima completes a workshop and begins building a university.
Germany denounces Arabia.
America and Russia sign declaration of friendship.
Spoiler :

The Council is now in session until 22:00 GMT-6 Saturday.

Scientific Influence Votes:
226-S-1: What shall we research?

Military Influence Votes:
226-M-1: What city shall Ishiyumi Kimyona be given to?

Spoiler Cities :

Spoiler Influence :

Spoiler Empire :

Spoiler Social Policies :

With thanks to punctuator for pulling together the raw data for new social policies! :satan:

Current Culture: 367
Target Culture: 1320
Culture Per Turn: 49
Next Policy: 20

Adopted Policies (Policy Tree) Policy Effect
Tradition ( Tradition) +3 Culture/Turn in the Capital
Aristocracy ( Tradition) 15% Bonus to Wonder Production
Legalism ( Tradition) Free Culture Building in First 4 Cities
Oligarchy ( Tradition) Garrisoned Units Cost No Maintenance, +100% Ranged Combat Strength for Cities with Garrison
Monarchy ( Tradition) +1 Gold and -1 Unhappiness per 2 Citizens in Capital
Liberty ( Liberty) +1 Culture/Turn in Every City
Piety ( Piety) Production Cost of Culture Buildings Reduced 15%
Organized Religion ( Piety) +1 Happiness per Monument/Temple/Monastery
Patronage ( Patronage) City State Influence Decays 25% More Slowly

Available Policies (Policy Tree) Policy Effect
Landed Elite ( Tradition) +1 Happiness for every 10 Citizens in a City
Finisher ( Tradition) +15% Growth and +2 Food in All Cities
Collective Rule ( Liberty) 50% Faster Settlers in Capital, Free Settler Near Capital
Citizenship ( Liberty) 25% Faster Tile Improvements, Free Worker Near Capital
Honor ( Honor) 25% Combat Bonus vs. Barbarians, Notification of Encampment Respawn, Killing Barbarians Produces Culture
Mandate of Heaven ( Piety) 50% of Positive Happiness Added to Culture/Turn
Philanthropy ( Patronage) Gold Gifts to City States Produce 25% Extra Influence
Aesthetics ( Patronage) Minimum Influence Level of 20 With All City-States
Commerce ( Commerce) Gold Output Increased by 25% in Capital
Freedom ( Freedom) Rate of Great People Generation Increased by 25%

Incompatible Policies (Policy Tree) Policy Effect
Rationalism ( Rationalism) Science Gained From Research Agreements Increased by 50%
(May not have Rationalism and Piety at the same time)

Spoiler Waiting List :

Again Kyoto shall celebrate a public holiday in honour of their 141 year old daimyo, who through a combination of zen and wholesome palace food has attained a lifespan that is exceedingly long (and which has witnessed three incarnations of Filli Noctus).

As for the tech to research I would advise metallurgy so we can get riflemen to ward off the Americans, who apparently cover our wonders and covet our bountiful lands for their own greedy and nefarious purposes.

As to the crossbowmen I would think that giving it to Kagoshima or Kyoto would be best considering that Kagoshima has the small garrison or in the case of Kyoto that as the capital it needs protecting should the covetous americans invade.

I think we must also look at the -7 deficit we are currently running. I saw we queue more markets and rearrange more gold producing tiles until we are in the positive again.

chgrogers is right. That is why after the national epic Kyoto should build a market.

VOTES

What shall we add to the production queue of Kyoto.

market
musketman
granary
nothing

Catherine is number two in tech, should we offer her a declaration of friendship?

Yes
No
When hell freezes over.

What Declaration of friendship policy should we adopt?

A) Accept Declarations from everyone except Germany, America and anyone who has denounced or been denounced by someone we already have a DoF with.
B) Accept Declarations from everyone except Germany, America, Arabia and anyone who has denounced or been denounced by someone we have a DoF with.
C) Accept declarations of friendship from everyone except America, Arabia and Germany.
D) Accept declarations of friendship from everyone except America and Arabia
E) Accept declarations of friendship from everyone except America
F) Accept declarations of friendship only from Arabia, Mongolia and Russia
G) Accept declarations of friendship only from Mongolia and Russia
H) Retain current policy

Very bad economic deficit. I was afraid of this. I have been fighting for more economic-like productions for quite a while now. I also think that we should change the policy of friendship to Accept all Asks for DoF unless they are from America, or possibly Arabia. Although, of course, I am yet a young Citizen of Kyoto, and this is all just suggestion.

Very bad economic deficit. I was afraid of this. I have been fighting for more economic-like productions for quite a while now. I also think that we should change the policy of friendship to Accept all Asks for DoF unless they are from America, or possibly Arabia. Although, of course, I am yet a young Citizen of Kyoto, and this is all just suggestion.

This is a good idea, especially since the recent storm has made many civilizations see the benefits of DoF, and now like those whom give gifts more.

In 20 turns we can make the decision as to that Ceskari. For now I think its better to start implementing an economic cycle by getting markets and banks where possible up and running.

Votes for Kagoshima

What shell we build after the University?
a) Walls
b) Granary
c) Lighthouse
d) Bank

Regarding the new Crossbowman. Please send it to Kaghoshima, we'll disband Archer and that will save us some money on maintenance.

do we not have banking already? I believe we do ;)

True,

VOTE

Should we dispand the Japanese Navy?

Yes
No

Top Bottom