Christian priest defends gay people

Status
Not open for further replies.
CivGeneral said:
Keep your panties on for goodness sakes! :rolleyes:. Its evident in both your threads that you attacked me by saying that I am wrong even though I am right on that issue. You even denied the story from the Catholic side :rolleyes:.

Do not dodge the question. Show me where I attacked your beliefs. No more rolleyed smileys, show me.

And I do not recall ever claiming to represent the "Catholic side." I don't need an organization to affirm my beliefs.

CivGeneral said:
Oh well, not my fault that they are going to hell because they did not repent and turned away from their sinful lifestyle :rolleyes:. We tried to warn them.
Got unequivocal proof they are going to hell? Got proof hell even exists?
CivGeneral said:
However these gay Christians should at least practace abstanance and refrain from any such homosexual sexual contact.
You should practice abstinence from posting in this thread, unless you want to make more of a laughing stock out of yourself, because all you have given us is warped logic, based on lies and bigotry.

CivGeneral said:
Oh well, not my fault that they are going to hell because they did not repent and turned away from their sinful lifestyle :rolleyes:. We tried to warn them.

If God is truly so bigotted against homosexuals, hell is probably a nicer place.

CivGeneral said:
Oh well, not my fault that they are going to hell because they did not repent and turned away from their sinful lifestyle :rolleyes:.
In your opinion :)
We tried to warn them.
REad, shove your version of Xianity down their throats :goodjob:
However these gay Christians should at least practace abstanance and refrain from any such homosexual sexual contact.
No these married gay christians should not :lol:

CivGeneral said:
No, the only good thing would be if it is up to me :D.

*Sigh* No, the only good thing for you would be to follow the one commandmant you have.

And you talk of hell for them...surely you must be destined to join them, since you can't follow through on the one simple commandmant your deity gave you.

Pasi Nurminen said:
Do not dodge the question. Show me where I attacked your beliefs. No more rolleyed smileys, show me.
You don't have to be hostile Mr. Antagonistic :rolleyes:. And yes, I will dodge the question because you directly attacked my beliefs that the Catholic Church is right on the issue about Galileo. I even posted material on THEIR side of the story :rolleyes:.

You should practice abstinence from posting in this thread, unless you want to make more of a laughing stock out of yourself, because all you have given us is warped logic, based on lies and bigotry.
Sorry, but my views are not to be laughed at nor are they based on warped logic nor lies :rolleyes:. Plus disaproving a lifestyle that is sinful is not bigotry. I dont know how many times MobBoss has hammered you with that.

Also, I have as much right to say my own opinions as much as you do. Don't ever tell me that I should not state my opinions.

Ziggy Stardust said:
No these married gay christians should not
Unfortunately, they are still comiting sin. Regardless if they are married or not. Homosexual sex acts is still a sexual sin.

CivGeneral said:
Unfortunately, they are still comiting sin. Regardless if they are married or not. Homosexual sex acts is still a sexual sin.
In your opinion :crazyeye:

And here we see why a gay christian would want to avoid this forum. And who can blame em if they do. :scan:

Turner said:
*Sigh* No, the only good thing for you would be to follow the one commandmant you have.

And you talk of hell for them...surely you must be destined to join them, since you can't follow through on the one simple commandmant your deity gave you.
How many times did MobBoss tell you? How many times did he tell you that Christians also tell their bretheran that they should not turn a blind eye away from sin and that they should tell them that they are sinning and encurage them to repent and to turn away from sin.

Sorry, but I do follow the commandment that I have been given to me. Loving one another also INCLUDES telling OTHERS about their sin so that they can repent and turn away from sin.

And I am also sorry to inform you that I would not be destined to join them. Because I know that God would judge me that I tried to warn the homosexuals of their sin. And yes, he will let me into heaven.

Ziggy Stardust said:
In your opinion
Sorry, its not my opinion. Homosexual sex acts is explicitly condemned in the Bible.

CivGeneral said:
Sorry, but my views are not to be laughed at nor are they based on warped logic nor lies :rolleyes:.
Well give us some sound logic and commonly agreed historical fact then, pleeease.
CivGeneral said:
Plus disaproving a lifestyle that is sinful is not bigotry. I dont know how many times MobBoss has hammered you with that.
The very subjective notion of "sinfulness" is a fine example of bigotry in itself. Do you see that?
CivGeneral said:
Also, I have as much right to say my own opinions as much as you do. Don't ever tell me that I should not state my pinions.
That's true. But here's my point in saying what I did:

Don't you think that homosexuals have a right to express and practice their homosexuality, just as you have your right to express your views and being?

Finally:

Care to give us proof about the existence of hell? Or are you just going to dodge that one also?

CivGeneral said:
You don't have to be hostile Mr. Antagonistic :rolleyes:. And yes, I will dodge the question because you directly attacked my beliefs that the Catholic Church is right on the issue about Galileo. I even posted material on THEIR side of the story :rolleyes:.

I am not being hostile, you are. I simply want to know where I attacked your beliefs. All I did was challenge your statements and provide some citation to back it up. You became all indignant as if I had somehow slandered you. Show me where I attacked your beliefs. It seems to me that any reasonable person would agree that I didn't, so I'd like to see your reasoning behind stating that I did. Do so.

CivGeneral said:
How many times did MobBoss tell you? How many times did he tell you that Christians also tell their bretheran that they should not turn a blind eye away from sin and that they should tell them that they are sinning and encurage them to repent and to turn away from sin.

Sorry, but I do follow the commandment that I have been given to me. Loving one another also INCLUDES telling OTHERS about their sin so that they can repent and turn away from sin.

And I am also sorry to inform you that I would not be destined to join them. Because I know that God would judge me that I tried to warn the homosexuals of their sin. And yes, he will let me into heaven.

How can a loving god let you into heaven when your heart is so full of hate?

And I don't understand how loving others means torturing them by telling them they're going to burn in hell.

Rambuchan said:
The very subjective notion of "sinfulness" is a fine example of bigotry in itself. Do you see that?
Sorry, but it does not equate to bigotry. No cigar for you :rolleyes:.

Rambuchan said:
Don't you think that homosexuals have a right to express and practice their homosexuality, just as you have your right to express your views and being?
Homosexuals do not have the right to express and practice their homosexuality. They already have that right, to do it in the privacy in the home away from the public eye. They dont need any of these special privlages that allows them to bring their sexuality and have them rub their sexuality in our faces!

Finally:

Rambuchan said:
Care to give us proof about the existence of hell? Or are you just going to dodge that one also?
Find your own proof. I am not going to do your Homework for you!

CivGeneral said:
Homosexuals do not have the right to express and practice their homosexuality.
Like hell they don't :)
They already have that right, to do it in the privacy in the home away from the public eye. They dont need any of these special privlages that allows them to bring their sexuality and have them rub their sexuality in our faces!
:lol: So only heterosexuals can rub their sexuality in our faces.

Right, gotcha. :goodjob:

CivGeneral said:
Actually, yes it does.
a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance
CivGeneral said:
Homosexuals do not have the right to express and practice their homosexuality. They already have that right, to do it in the privacy in the home away from the public eye. They dont need any of these special privlages that allows them to bring their sexuality and have them rub their sexuality in our faces!
What makes your right to tell them they're wrong override their right to be as they are?
CivGeneral said:
Finally:

Really, CG. It's a reasonable request.

I think there is a solid base in history that shows the loudest homophobes are usually the ones who are doubtful of their own sexuality.

I wonder ...

CivGeneral said:
Here's what most dictionaries have on the definition of "bigot". I'm quoting from http://www.thefreedictionary.com/bigot

"Bigot": n. ~ One who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ.

CivGeneral said:
(a) Do you see the contradiction between your first and second sentence?
(b) Do you not see a parallel with the way you shove your religiosity in their faces and others'?
CivGeneral said:
I think this will be my final post to you, because you're a bit of a waste of time really, owing to your laziness (not to mention bigotry). I look forward to reading what you come up with in response to the above though.

Turner said:
How can a loving god let you into heaven when your heart is so full of hate?
Sorry, but my heart is not full of hate.

Turner said:
And I don't understand how loving others means torturing them by telling them they're going to burn in hell.
It's simply warning them about their fate if they don't repent and turn away from that sinful lifestyle.

Turner said:
Actually, yes it does.
Sorry once again, disapproving a lifestyle does not equate to bigotry. Why don't we just stop right here with that because we would just end up in a circle argument that will lead to no where.

Turner said:
What makes your right to tell them they're wrong override their right to be as they are?
Heterosexuality is the most dominate sexuality and thus is seen as a moral sexuality. What makes my right to tell them that they are wrong override their right to be as they are is based that I see heterosexuality superior as well as the sexual norm.

Rambuchan said:
I cannot show you proof on the existence of hell and something I myself do know know if it exists or not. I place my faith in the Bible that there is a hell in the after life. But I do not have any proof.

Rambuchan said:
(a) Do you see the contradiction between your first and second sentence?
(b) Do you not see a parallel with the way you shove your religiosity in their faces and others'?
Sorry, I dont see any contradiction between the sentances. I dont want these homosexuals to be running around destroying the tradition of family and the moral law. Who cares if I am a bigot, Homosexuals just disgust me. I see no need that they should be given special rights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom