Civ 5: Civilizations/Leaders Wanted!

Amazonia- Another good Jungle Civ?

-----------------------

Amazonia is not a civilization, but a region of my own country. It could be (I would actually dislike it) represented by the Tupi or another native tribe. There are native people that developed small tribes there, but Amazonia is not the correct name. :goodjob:

Amazonia is not a civilization, but a region of my own country. It could be (I would actually dislike it) represented by the Tupi or another native tribe. There are native people that developed small tribes there, but Amazonia is not the correct name. :goodjob:

True... I guess CIV has already done this by lumping many tribes into 'tribal civs', such as the Polynesians and Native Americans in civ IV. As a Brazilian, would you rather see Brazil as a Civ, or the Tupi?

I would like to see the Cherokee nation come alive in the next DLC or Zulu maybe Nubians.

No need morden Civs like Australia and Canada, they are covered by England.

Canada's UU could be a Peacekeeper. An upgraded Mech Infantry. Maybe with 1 extra movement.

there is a thread, and there many important historical civs lacking.... check GnK suggestions forum there listed many lacking real solid.historical civilisations which influenced world history... them first... also yes its shame.that Shaka is not.in

If we were to get another Native American I would rather it be a tribe from the Southwest US, say perhaps Navajo or Anasazi with some desert benefits. Inuit would be good as well with some tundra/ice benefits.

Eh, I think people are getting a little carried away here wanting every minor group of people who ever existed in the game while we're still missing some pretty major historical powers. Asking for the Inuit and Bantu peoples while the game is missing the Timurid and Portuguese empires (just as examples) strikes me as just being bizarre.

I for one would like a few more modern civs. Brazil, Australia, Canada and Indonesia are good choices IMO, and all have existed for a sizable number of the games' turns; more so that many traditional civs like Babylon or Sumeria.

Brazil and Indonesia yes [Much larger history for these 2 which you could incorporate into the civ - The Javanese Kingdoms + Mahajapahiit Empire, etc for Indonesia - Brazil for its actions in South America over the centuries and ability to mix in perhaps a Taino UU as well with Brazil]

Canada and Australia no...

I for one would like a few more modern civs. Brazil, Australia, Canada and Indonesia are good choices IMO, and all have existed for a sizable number of the games' turns; more so that many traditional civs like Babylon or Sumeria.

I only think that's true if you add in the pre-colonial histories of Brazil, Canada and Australia. At which point they aren't really 'modern civs'. Or maybe you just mean that the turns in early game span hundreds of years while late game is few years, so you spend more turns there?:confused:

Canada's UA would grant them +1 culture from each source of the new luxury "denim" which is connected to their trade network. As a UU, Canada would get the "Mediocre Artist"; this works the same as a Great Artist, but is spawned in half the time and grants half the benefits (i.e., 4 turn Golden Age instead of 8, Landmark gives +3 :c5culture: instead of 6). Potential luminaries for the Mediocre Artist list would include:

Bryan Adams
Paul Anka
Michael J. Fox
Tom Green
Corey Haim
Avril Lavigne
Gordon Lightfoot
Rick Moranis
Alanis Morissette
William Shatner
Snow
and Shania Twain

Finally, all Canadian land units would receive the unique "tuque" promotion, which provides a +20% combat modifier on tundra or snow tiles.

/Canadians: I keed, I keed! :D

Seriously, though, how about this option for Civ VI: Create-a-leader.

You choose an empire from a lengthy list of options to include ones used in past Civs/DLC + new additions, choose a leader from a separate list from each empire (or type in a name of your choosing), and then get to pick from a list of possible UAs, UUs, and/or UBs. For example, choosing the United States might give you the option of a UA of:

-Manifest Destiny (as is in Civ V)
-War Footing (+20% unit production in all cities when at war; factories provide an additional +10%)
-Huddled Masses (+10% growth in all cities)

For UUs, you might get to choose from the B-17, Minuteman, M1A1, Super Carrier, etc. UBs I'm drawing a blank on, but I'm sure there's some which could be introduced.

You choose an empire from a lengthy list of options to include ones used in past Civs/DLC + new additions, choose a leader from a separate list from each empire (or type in a name of your choosing), and then get to pick from a list of possible UAs, UUs, and/or UBs. For example, choosing the United States might give you the option of a UA of:

-War Footing (+20% unit production in all cities when at war; factories provide an additional +10%)

For UUs, you might get to choose from the B-17, Minuteman, M1A1, Super Carrier, etc. UBs I'm drawing a blank on, but I'm sure there's some which could be introduced.

The PolyCast guys and gals briefly touched on this in a past episode. The basic conclusion they made was that allowing this kind of mix and match (be it with civs, leader traits, whatever) is extraordinarily difficult to balance and lends itself to OP match ups and match ups no one will use. Not that the idea itself is bad, but decent execution of it is nigh impossible.

I hope you never get to balance a game

The PolyCast guys and gals briefly touched on this in a past episode. The basic conclusion they made was that allowing this kind of mix and match (be it with civs, leader traits, whatever) is extraordinarily difficult to balance and lends itself to OP match ups and match ups no one will use. Not that the idea itself is bad, but decent execution of it is nigh impossible.

While I admittedly haven't thought it through, on the surface it doesn't appear to be impossible to balance...particularly given the fact that all civs would have these options to work with. Difficult, certainly, but we're talking about a game that's years away from release and that leaves plenty of time for people better than us at this sort of thing to work on it. You can still set it up so that civs are geared toward a particular play style by limiting the options that each one has, while at the same time offering some flexibility for the player in setting up the particulars; my America sample above would be best suited for an aggressive, expansive strategy no matter which options you chose, but at least you work some wiggle room into it should a player decide that he'd rather pursue a peaceful, tall strategy in that game.

Perhaps this would be better left to just multiplayer as I can absolutely see it creating yet another advantage for human vs. AI, though.

Here’s my take on which Civs should be added in futur DLC :

Zulu : popular and frequent civ in the series. They represent the agressive but primitive african civ. Well know too because of the war againt the english. Leader : Shaka obviously

Portugal : yeah I know, Europe is overcrowded but while this is a factor, it doesn’t mean that they should be excluded just for that reason. The Portuguese are the last great european empire that haven’t make the cut yet. Like it or not, I think they will make it eventually.

Poland : the last european civ that I could see being included. They were never in Civ before and Firaxis seem to like to surprise us with their choice of civ (Sweden, Austria and Polynesia for example) so I think they have a shot. Outside Russia, Slavic eastern europe isn’t really represented so far.

Sioux : with the Iroquois being included as themselves and not as Native Americans like in Civ4, I think another North American tribes will make it sooner or later. My money is on the Sioux with Sitting Bull as leader.

Vietnamiese : not a single Asian civs was in the expansion so I think that Firaxis will try to make up for that with that little country that has an history of humbling great powers. If the inclusion of Ho Chi Minh is a problem for an american game, Le Thanh Tong will do just fine.

Modern latin america civs:
I would like to see some of those. Modern civs offer variety and that’s enough a reason to include them I think.

Mexico: paired with the Sioux and with Santa Anna as leader. it would make a nice scenario.

Colombia: I know that Grand Colombia was a short-lived empire but it did existed and it would have a great leader with Simon Bolivar.

Brazil: unfortunatly I don’t know much about Brazil history to make a stronger suggestion but the portuguese-speaking giant deserve a place.

Top Bottom