Civ 6 AI Battle Royal

I am a patient man. The advertisement says: "Catch every turn, live on twitch.tv/2k at 3:30pm ET / 12:30pm PT / 8:30pm BST on Wednesday, October 19. If you aren’t able to join us live, the full VOD will be posted to the >>> Civilization YouTube channel <<< shortly afterwards."

>>> Civilization YouTube channel <<< is a link to 2kgam.es/CivilizationYT Still this doesn't work, the video is not there.

I read the whole thread with the expectation I would (in the end) see what all are writing about. Seems not to be necessary from the 2k-point of view.

Dumpling around I found Nuclear Diplomacy (Civilization VI) from TotalBiscuit (whom I find meanwhile more entertaining than Marbozir, FilthyRobot etc.)
It is 5:12:54 long. Probably by then I know, when I'll be back, ready to order. PreOrder ... :D

After reading thru and seeing the failure of the ai... I am not really 'down' on Firaxis nor am I surprised much. I had literally hundreds of hours of engrossing fun play and I am fairly sure I will get far more this incarnation around. I am eagerly looking forward to tomorrow morning after 4am!

If you regard Civ strictly as a consumer product, you may well be right to complain about what is being delivered as incomplete and imperfect, because to some extent it is. If you regard Civ as a long-term hobby, your perspective may be quite different. In the latter case, you are in it for the long haul anyway. You know from past experience that the game improves with time and as the user base and developers interact and gain experience. I think there is room for both views of the game and both sides can benefit from the impact each side has on game development.
Still they learned plenty from Civ V. They should have taken what they learned about what works and what doesn't and added it to VI.

"I had literally hundreds of hours of engrossing fun play and I am fairly sure I will get far more this incarnation around."

Yes, indeed! And it has really been a long way since I discussed in the newsgroup 'comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic' in the 'civ2proposal' thread the advantages of hexes over squares ...

Traditionally in Civ the odd numbers bring new elements and the even numbers find perfection.
So I feel, the goal is near, finally. Just two more little steps, just two expansions and I'll find salvation.

Last edited:
Top Bottom