1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ Ideas & Suggestions Not-Worth-Their-Own-Thread

Discussion in 'Civ - Ideas & Suggestions' started by Camikaze, Oct 17, 2010.

1. CoconutTank

CoconutTank Warlord Supporter

Actually that mentions a thing that bothers me a bit; once one hits the Future era, one is no longer able to change out of the age that one ends up with. The session usually shouldn't last much longer by that point, but for me it's annoying to be stuck in a dark age, mostly due to the subdued colors and aesthetics, and also due to the reduced loyalty of one's cities. A way to change ages during the Future era would be great, or else making the Future era always have a neutral age would also be fine I think.

2. Foxiron

Foxiron Chieftain

Would love to see Henry V in civ vi

LUA: The Hundred Years War
    After declaring a Formal War, all units gain -1 movement to pillage and +7 combat strength versus cities
    LUU: Longbowman
    Has +7 combat strength versus all cavalry units.
    LA: The Warrior King
    Likes civs who use formal wars and will only use formal wars. Dislikes those who use surprise wars

3. CoconutTank

Would like to see a wonder that's tied to flight and/or air units. Maybe something like this?

Knightfall likes this.
  4. CoconutTank

Since I'm still feeling the itch for bad ideas, and been recently inspired by some threads, here's another one on the table. Been thinking about a domination-exclusive wonder, which would probably be funny given how folks feel in the wonder ranking per victory type thread. The local wonder thread also has a lot of nice pictures, and well there's apparently a landmark which is more a testament to the conqueror than to the residents, which is an intriguing (if unsavory) context.

It probably won't ever be built, but what about a wonder that can only be built in a city that you didn't settle? Janissaries are able to track this logic, so there's some precedence for this condition in civ 6. Given that it's a domination focused wonder, it should probably help with domination somewhat.

(Also this isn't really a domination exclusive wonder since there are other ways to get another civ's cities, but conquering is probably the most likely way this wonder will get built.)

5. CoconutTank

Not a wonder this time, but thinking about more ideas is kind of fun. Aerodromes don't have a district project, so how about something like this:

Knightfall likes this.
  6. purringcat

purringcat Chieftain

Someone wrote a wonderful mod that blocked all the Civ City States from being loaded into the game. It's easily modified to allow the City States you want into the game while still blocking all the rest. Would it be possible to do this same method with the Game Wonders?
    I end up with the same Wonders in every game and they're not the one I want.

Knightfall likes this.