Civ3 NES 1

Saxony – The Farow
Colour: Whatever is left
Culture Group: European
UU’s: ‘Saxon Axmen’ – replaces the swordsmen (Come up with fair bonus for my UU for me because I stink at that)
Background: The Saxons were a nomadic group that migrated from the North into Europe building small communites. Recently united at the city of Dresden the Saxons have become a new force to be reckoned with.

I guess you can use German city names if that is alright. I did not use Insane Panda's template because I wanted to stay simple.

awesome, thanks The Farow. I was actually thinking of having a saxon-esque civ as one of the NPCs :)

Thanks Daft, no worries about the PM.

Also, have you put UUs in place already? If so, what are they?

To Almoth and Libria
From the Confederation of Pictish Peoples

We offer you the same we have offered the people of Ys, Anguile, and Zekul - peaceful trade and Non-Aggression.

he's adding new civs uu etc after the update so after i guess.

Orders sent, hope you like them. Shame the BT is coming soon - not much time to go properly aggressive, but hopefully I'll raise some havoc in the time I still have.

Sorry for the continual confusion over orders – I can only get online in the evenings. Ive done this update today, while im offline, but ive missed all the orders I didn’t have last night, because i couldnt get hold of them in time. However, I will use the missed orders for ‘boring time’ orders, unless you say otherwise, or want ot add to it or whatver...

= = =

Really stretched for time with this one, but its done! Going away on holiday tomorrow morning, will be gone for a week or so. When I get back ill be re-editing the game and moving the time forwards to probably 450BC or so.

Feel free to send ‘boring time’ orders for what your nation is attempting to do over the next few centuries. (I wont be playing the game over that time, ill just be modding this part and building into the next scenario file.)

Also feel free to post a new custom civ, or change any details of your civ. Except for UU’s already in the game, ill say those cant be changed. And nobody can have more than 5 UU’s over the course of history unless they have some kind of special reason.

= = =

1350 BC – 1200 BC
The west remains peaceful during this time, while the east is the scene of continual brutal warfare.

Military
Argosian Empire vs Almoth

Although there had never been any official peace between these two cultures, there had been little fighting for over a century. But with Kairon defeated, the Argosian Emperors began to launch new campaigns in the north, this time with far larger amount of troops.

Denton fell to a concentrated attack… The Queen of Almoth gathered a huge army at High Almoth, but the Argosians bypassed it and headed north. The cooler climate and rough terrain was too much for the African mercenaries, and they soon disbanded and headed for home. But determined Argosian forces managed to break the strong defences of Medton. This city, built on the ruins of an older Zekul settlement, was in turn left as a pile of rubble. Almoth and Argosian forces continued to fight amidst in the ruins.

Eventually, large Argosian armies concentrated on High Almoth itself. With catapults breaking down the city’s defences, two great armies headed out to face each other in open battle. In the great battle of High Almoth, fought in 1240 BC, a large Argosian army was destroyed. High Almoth was saved, for now…

*Argosians took heavier losses over all, but captured Denton and destroyed Medton. Almoth also settled a new city (Sharely) in the east, and remains strong.

Almoth vs Zekul
These two cultures remained hostile, yet little fighting took place between them, as each was faced with new enemies…

Anguile vs Zekul
The new Campagnard troops emerged as the elite of the Anguile army. The secrets of iron working were now spreading far and wide, and the Campagnards were fast and well-armed. Zekul was ill prepared for the sudden attack of the powerful Anguile forces, and Temperof was raised to the ground. Zekul forces rallied in the north, only to find large Yssian army invading from the coast!

*Temperof destroyed by Anguile. The site was later re-settled by Almoth, with the new city of Sharley.

Ys vs Anguile
However, the Yssians at Zekulitalk announced their support for the Zekul cause, and began marching south to face the approaching Anguile forces! At the same time, a larger Yssian force crossed the border along the grey hills, and attacked Caedenbourg. The Anguile garrison took a heavy toll on the Ys, particularly their massed of weaker warriors, but was eventually overcome. Caedenbourg was destroyed, and later rebuilt as the Ys city of Gwened.

Anguile was now fighting both Ys and Zekul, and struggled to reorganise its forces. The elite Campagnard army was tied down in fierce fighting across the grey hills against the tough Kornden Militia. Meanwhile, the Ys made another large seaborne attack, this time at Etienarde. The city fell after some fierce fighting.

After the fall of two of their cities, Anguile still had a powerful army, with their elite forces coming close to taking Roazhon. However, the supply of iron ore had been cut with the fall of Etienarde, and no new Campagnard units could be trained.

*Ys destroys Caedenbourg (re-settling it as Gwened) and captures Etienarde. However, Ys also suffers higher casualties.

Ys vs Argosian Empire
Yssian adventurers have entered the Mediterranean, and are attacking the island of Rhodes. However, the Arogisans have stationed vast reserves of tough Hoplite troops on the island, and there seems little chance of it falling to the Ys.

In response, the Argoisans sent their own expedition against Yssian island colonies. But the distances are too great to supply, and the expedition seems to have turned back and is heading for home. Nonetheless, the Argosians now have better knowledge of the lands beyond the straights of Lisht.

Other
In 1270 the people of Ys completed their great lighthouse, the wonder of the east! Yssian mariners were now the most skilful and experienced in the world.

Maps!:
Eastern map:
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads12/ubereuropec.jpg

Western map:
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads12/uberasiaa.jpg

Ongoing Wars:
Almoth vs Argsian Empire
Zekul vs Almoth
Zekul vs Anguile
Ys vs Anguile (declared by AI)
Ys vs Argosian Empire (declared by AI)

Confirmed Diplomacy:
NAP and tech sharing – Panga, Taejon, Ormash
NAP – Yaktan with Taejon and Panga seperately
NAP – Argos and Kairon, Kairon gives tribue

Spending points/orders results: (*number of points spent)
PS: Some people seemed to think they had more points than they actually did. The civ stats on the first post show how many points you have available to spend in your next orders, I am updating it each time. Story bonuses or any other bonuses are only added during the updates, - plz don’t presume that you have them available straight away…

Also, im sorry but I don’t have time for doing private maps in PMs for each nation… Newly discovered areas are either on the main map (but only considered explored by a few), or ill send a brief text description of that land in a PM...

Panga: (2)
Extra settler. Polytheism given. ‘Centre of science’ small wonder created in Panga.

Yaktan: (1)
Free galley, harbour in Uskudar. Various islands discovered, city of Izmit settled on new island!

Ys: (1)
Temple in Brest. +1 galley. Land explored south of Oriant, new island charted. Rumours heard of a larger island far out at sea, to the south east of Oriant. Meanwhile, a galley sent out into the stormy north eastern seas returned with a sick and starving crew, after nearly sinking several times… No land was sighted for all the weeks it was at sea.

Taejon: (1)
City of Huich'on resettled and rebuilt. Had no other points yet to spend on culture! Meanwhile, sparing the lives of rebel leaders is a very enlightened gesture… It might increase the chance of future rebellions, but increases happiness right now, and wins the loyalty of former rebel soldiers and peoples.

Argosian Empire: (1)
Temple in Terrisandria, rebellions prevented in conquered lands. Ruined city of Kaironas given back to former owners, and tribute received from them. Extra units at Mycenae for push against Almoth!

Picts: (1)
Continued with standing orders from a while back - Extra defensive units, barracks in Yuchan (mainland city near Zekul).

Anguille: (1)
Iron working, war with Zekul, a few extra units to attack them. (not sure if Inanse_Panda still wanted to go ahead… if not, blame it on over-enthusiastic generals :p )

Bonus points:
None. All players +1 points as normal.
Sorry Ironman… Though I enjoyed reading what you posted, I cant quite allow myself to award a bonus point for a few lines on their own :( But it will help add up to a bonus point in future.

So couldn't you have overruled the moronic AI considering I asked for peaceful exploration :hmm:

To the great nation of Anguile
From the Yssian League

We believe the former Lord Protector of Ys was bribed by Zekul into attacking your fair nation. SInce his...removal from office the new Lord Protector would like to extend his apologees for the bad blood this has caused. We our brother nations in truth, having both sprung from the ancient Gallic kingdoms, we will return Etienarde to you, pay the bloodmoney necessary and declare war on the true enemy - Zekul!

fixed the broken images (Ive only had to restart my PC three times in order ot update this :) ive got a half-installed MSN messenger that decides to mess up my PC whenever im online. I think ive fixed it now tho. But ontop of that, ive also had to move to a new connection that sucks even more than my last one :( )

Disenfrancised said:
So couldn't you have overruled the moronic AI considering I asked for peaceful exploration :hmmm:

Ahhh i could have, but i dont remember it being explicitly stated that you wanted peace at all costs, plus i thought it was more interesting to have a breakdown in central authority, and have these rogue generals marching off to increase the glory and honour of Ys:)

PS: i was wondering, how to you pronouce Ys? Is it 'Yiss', or 'Yees', or 'whys', or something else?

forgot to reply to this from some days ago...

IronMan2055 said:
what wonders are possible right now?

where it says all nations plus 1 point is that just this turn or for ever?

Yaktan still hahs no wonders available tot build normally, though ill say anyone can start one they dont quite have tech for, if they spend points on a special effort.

The 1 point is just for use this turn.

Just realised i made a major f**kup with Anguile's points. I only used one, when they had 3 available for a massive onslaught attack.

Sorry Insane_Panda... tho i will take points into account for the boring time actions.

/Edit: ok signing off, wont be online again for a week due to being in remote part of scotland... see y'all laters. Feel free to send stuff for boring time orders, or civ customisation, or any kind of suggestions. Also, what time period do you want to jump to? will 450BC onwards be cool?

IP said:
So now my nation could potentially cease to exist because not all resources were used as ordered?

No way, ill take the unspent points into consideration for the boring time, so it will be assumed that vast hordes of fresh Anguile troops will arise (unless you want to do something else)

Whatever happens, ill make sure that every player will still have an independent civ to control at the end of the 'boring time'.

/signing off for real now... i was reading some other NES's

Daftpanzer said:
Ahhh i could have, but i dont remember it being explicitly stated that you wanted peace at all costs, plus i thought it was more interesting to have a breakdown in central authority, and have these rogue generals marching off to increase the glory and honour of Ys:)

PS: i was wondering, how to you pronouce Ys? Is it 'Yiss', or 'Yees', or 'whys', or something else?

Its pronounced "Ys" ;). Nah, just kinding its "iss" as in Paris. We're not to keen on that glory and honour through military conquest either, at least over our brothers in Anguile - a true man of Ys earns his glory on the deck of ship!

Wow, betrayed, underpowered, and facing ever increasingly bad odds. I could just go on a rampage and have my nation implode, I guess.

To Panga
From Taejon

We must request an explanation why your country has decided to block off Taejon's future access to the sea by surrounding our eastern and southern areas with your cities....

Nice. I'm doing good...

To Panga
From Taejon

We must request an explanation why your country has decided to block off Taejon's future access to the sea by surrounding our eastern and southern areas with your cities....
There's space between Artca and Yaktan. Or you could get some exclaves separated from your main nation on the coast.

Top Bottom