1750-1500 BC
1500-1350 BC
1350-1200 BC
1200-450 BC (1st boring time)
450-350 BC

350-300 BC

Current Civ Stats
Spoiler Stats :

Note: The ‘spending points’ listed is the total accumulated over the course of the game, not the number per turn. And I’ve only listed UU’s that are likely to be active now or in the near future.

Communal UU: Kian Guard are descendents of the old Riskien Legions, now with more modern weapons and employed more formally. As well as Panga, Onga and Yaktan can also build them. In the game, they are a 2/2 spearman replacement with higher HP.

Umidia – Andis-1
Spending points banked: 1
Colour: yellow
Culture Group: Mid Eastern
Size / Status: average, stable
UU’s: Bowmen, War Chariot and Horse Bowmen (stronger horsemen)
Background: Inheritor of the older Kairon culture. In real-world terms, it is a mix of African, Egyptian, Carthaginian, and various European cultures.

Anguile – Insane_Panda
Spending points banked: 3
Colour: Spanish blue
Culture Group: European
Size / Status: large, strong military, confident
UU’s: Grognard (warrior with spearman’s defence), Campagnard (swordsmen with two moves and higher HP)

Libira – NPC
Colour: light pink
Size / Status: small, weak

Pangari – Lord_Iggy
Spending points banked: 2
Colour: Red
Culture Group: Asian
Size / Status: large, stable
UU’s: Kian Guard
Background: A scouting force of Penguinska fell into a planet's gravity well upon emerging from hyperspace, and crashed, irreversersibly destroying the ship and killing all but three. A penguin named Risk, the highest-ranking survivor, declared himself Emperor of the landed force and devised a plan to escape. He would take control of the tribe they had crashed into and develop them into an advanced race capable of building a spaceship that would carry the penguins back to the stars. When the two other penguins pointed out that it would take as long as 5050 years to do this, the plan was finalized.

Ormash – NPC
Colour: Dark Red
Size / Status: average, strong military
UU’s: Uberscout, Imperial Guard (swordsmen with higher attack)

Ulakam - NPC
Colour: Dark Green
Size / Status: large, strong military, much undeveloped land
UU’s: Horse Archers (stronger horsemen)
Background: Culture in real-world terms is turkish/mongol, also with strong Indian influence.

Taejon – Alex994
Colour: dark green/yellow
UU’s: ‘Flag Spears’ – 3/2 with high HP
Size / Status: large, stable
Background: Culture is mix of real-world north chinese and korean.

Zekul – Luckymoose
Spending points banked: 4
Colour: Purple
Size / Status: small, fanatical military

Altyn-Kanalat – NPC
Colour: Mongol sandy yellow
UU’s: Utrigurk Warrior (warrior with spearman’s defence)
Background: "Having in the ancient days lived near the Taejon Valley, the Kozars and the other Turuks (steppe people) have learned much from that civilization, but mostly remained unassimilated and barbaric. Driven eastwards by the rising states of Taejon, must Turuks persisted in their barbaric and nomad ways, but the Kozars who have strayed from the rest and settled in the lands of the great lake Altyn-Kule. There, they became sedentary and created a new civilization of their own, mixing Turuk and Taejon ways, the cult of the Eternal Blue Sky and the concept of the Heavenly Mandate, and finally created the Golden Empire, Altyn-Kanalat, which, ironically, is eastern civilization's first line of defense against the western Turuk barbarians."

Mycenae – TerrisH
Colour: Dark Blue
Culture Group: Mediterranean
UU’s: Raider cavalry (stronger horsemen) and Eagle Hoplites (stronger in attack and defence)
Background: The descendent of the former Argosian Empire, inheriting the best of its traditions, but with a much stronger leadership.

Ys League – Disenfrancised
Spending points banked: 2
Colour: White
Size / Status: large, strong navy and economy
UU’s: Kornden Militia (spearmen with higher defence)

Almoth – North King
Spending points banked: 4
Colour: Persian Teal
Size / Status: small, strong military
UU’s: Slave (more efficient worker), Chained Swords (replaces swordsmen, enslave creates Slaves, doesn’t require iron)
Background: Almoth is a rather egalitarian society... or at least, some parts are. The gender divide is still there, but it doesn't make anyone unequal to anyone else--the genders merely have different pursuits in life. As such, despite the fact that the men are warriors, the women are the rulers. Yet, despite the apparently more tolerant society, it has a darker side: Almoth will likely be the last nation on Earth to outlaw slavery, as their culture is more or less based on it.

Yaktan - IronMan2055
Colour: Very dark gray/green
Size / Status: large, strong military
UU’s: Brutes (much stronger horsemen), Kian Guard
Background: Founded by a warrior aristocracy of similar origin to Altyn-Kanalat. Unable to find a place for themselves in the north, they returned to the eastern fringes of the former Taejon empire after it began to collapse into anarchy. Here they found weak, squabbling city-states amidst the ruins, and they easily took control over them. The culture of Yaktan is now a mix of middle-eastern and various asian peoples.

Samar – NPC* (I decided these are unplayable, I have special plans for them)
Colour: brown
Culture Group: mid eastern
Size / Status: small, strong cavalry
UU’s: Horse Archers (stronger horsemen)
Background: They are descended from fierce nomadic peoples, who gradually became influenced by the city-builders in the south and east. However, they are still ruled by a warrior nobility, and have a strong horse-riding tradition. Culture is a mix of asian and real-world east european.

Rayam - NPC
Colour: Purple
UU’s: Silver Blades (swordsmen with higher defence)
Background: The mysterious and rather isolated Rayam civilisation is also one of the oldest in the world. But unlike the other main centres of civilisation, the Rayam have so far avoided any major catastrophes. They continue to develop at a slowly and steady pace, carving an empire out of the surrounding jungle and swamp. Culture is a mix of real-world indian and khmer/cambodian.

Picts - NPC / LittleBoots
Colour: Brown
UU’s: Pictish Warrior (swordsmen with higher HP)

Aahnnad Empire – Das
Colour: Green
Size / Status: very large, strong economy and military, stable
UU’s: Hoplites and Three-Man Chariots

Motria – NPC / BananaLee
Colour: Brown
Size / Status: struggling, determined military
UU’s: Battle Wagon (stronger chariot with high HP)

Saxony – The Farow
Colour: Turquoise / Teal
UU’s: Axemen (swordsmen with higher HP)
Background: The Saxons were a nomadic group that migrated from the North into Europe building small communites. Recently united at the city of Dresden the Saxons have become a new force to be reckoned with.

Finnystan – NPC
Colour: light green/brown
Size / Status: *Currently conquered by Almoth*

Judea – NPC / goodsmell
Colour: Light Blue
Size / Status: small, stable
UU’s: Oved (more efficient worker)

Onga – NPC
Colour: Turquoise / Teal
Size / Status: *Currently conquered by Panga and Yaktan*
UU’s: Kian Guard
Background: Seperatists from Panga, who have developed their own independent culture, mixed together with various foreign influences.

Catalya – NPC
Colour: Lighter Purple
Size / Status: average, strong economy
UU’s: Catal Infantry (higher defence than swordsmen, but with lower HP)
Background: Seperatists from Panga, who have developed their own independent culture, mixed together with various foreign influences.

Tusca – NPC
Colour: Orangey Red
Size / Status: *Currently conquered by Mycenae*
UU’s: Legion

The game
Explanation of concept behind this can be found in this thread

Basically, it is a low-budget NES attempt played using civ3 itself. The AI controls all the nations (except my ‘observer’ cheating debug civ). I will use save editors to mod the game, implementing orders and random events etc.

Notes:
This game will use a special scenario with custom rules, and with the custom civs, UU’s, buildings etc that people posted in the original thread. I may switch to a new scenario later on, which will be a chance to add new custom things and edit the game in any way. For now I will use only save editing, which does not allow new rules to be used.

Settlers:
Settlers cannot be built by the AI in this scenario, to prevent the early and unrealistic flooding of the world with cities. Instead they are produced by special small wonders. Civs will gain or lose these small wonders depending on what I think is appropriate – a large empire may begin to lose its ability to colonise, for example. All player civs an have equal rate of settlers at the start, and NPC's have fewer or none. I can also edit settler units manually into the game.

Spending points:
Each player has spending points, which can buy certain in-game effects for their civ (using save game edit and debug mode).
Spending points accumulate at a slow rate. Usually one for every update, perhaps more for special achievements.
Exactly what you spend these on is up to you, but these are some ideas:
* Military – get a bunch of advanced, elite units, get barracks/walls etc, force a state of war against another civ, get extra units to launch a special attack against another civ
* Trade – increase treasury, receive trade buildings, force favourable trade negotiations with other civs for special luxuries/resources etc.
* Science - receive science buildings, receive free techs
* Political – create rebellions in other civs (changing city ownerships), protect your own cities from similar rebellions
* Colonise – get free settlers and cities
* Explore – reveal more of the world, make contact with new civs,
* Something else - the save editing allows a lot of possibilities, but is quite limited in some areas.

Diplomacy:
Anything agreed between two players (or with me as an NPC) can be done without spending points. Pretty much anything can be done here, changing city ownerships, changing techs, giving money, as well as creating any normal in-game civ3 diplomacy deals, including starting and ending wars.

Updates:
No set schedule at this point, I’ll play for a bit and then wait a day or so for any ‘orders’. I don’t expect everyone to send orders each time (in fact I expect some will never send orders :) ) but the AI will keep chugging along.

The World:
It’s a heavily edited random map. Basically, much like earth, in that there is one ‘asia’ and one ‘africa’ and one ‘mediterranean’, but otherwise very different geography.

Civs:
NPC Civs are available to play at any time, if anyone wants to join. ‘Hidden’ civs could also be played.

There are 29 'proper' civs in the game. 1 is for my neutral civ, and 1 is for rebels and barbarians. Some civs are hidden at the north pole until they come into play.

The beginning…

It is now 2000BC, in a world similar to earth in every way, except for the geography. Hundreds of years before, the world’s first great civilisations came crashing down in a storm of war, famine, and disorder. Out of the ashes rose three great new powers…

First the loosely-unified kingdoms of the Taejon valley, where civilisation first arose. These new kingdoms are built on the rubble of what was one a much more populous and powerful empire. Although their combined military is strong, their leadership could split apart at any moment.

Far to the north east lies the city of Argos. This region was once another major centre of civilisation, and is struggling to regain its former glory. The people of Argos have forged a unified power out of the surrounding peoples, creating the greatest empire in the world. But the empire’s stability has been achieved at a cost – stagnation, innovation, and growing resentment amongst the subject peoples.

Argos is at war with Kairon, their eastern neighbour. Founded by refugees from older civilisations, Kairon is currently the smallest of the three major powers, but is the most ambitious.

Meanwhile, all round the world, new powers are rising. Refugees from the first civilisations have spread their cultures and ideas to new areas. Nomadic peoples are settling down to build their own empires, which will surely be far more aggressive and innovative than anything seen so far…

Taejon – NPC
Colour: dark green/yellow
UU’s: ‘Flag Spears’ – 2/2 with high HP
Background: These new kingdoms are built on the rubble of what was one a much more populous and powerful empire. Although their combined military is strong, their leadership could split apart at any moment. Culture is mix of real-world north chinese and korean.

me me me! :D :D :D First post too!

no warman's utopia?
:(

Pangari – Insane_Panda
Spending points: 1
Colour: Red
Background: A scouting force of Penguinska fell into a planet's gravity well upon emerging from hyperspace, and crashed, irreversersibly destroying the ship and killing all but three. A penguin named Risk, the highest-ranking survivor, declared himself Emperor of the landed force and devised a plan to escape. He would take control of the tribe they had crashed into and develop them into an advanced race capable of building a spaceship that would carry the penguins back to the stars. When the two other penguins pointed out that it would take as long as 5050 years to do this, the plan was finalized.
'Scuse me? When did IP start endorsing the penguins?

Hint Hint.

Nice first update, other than the fact that Insane Panda controls my nation.

I think Pangari is lord iggy's ;)

no warman's utopia?

:( sorry, fraid not, see the other thread for explanation...

basically, i messed up, i cant get online during the time, and spent a few hours fixing things for what i just assumed was going to be all the player civs.

i will include warman's utopia in another thousand years or so :)

Nice first update, other than the fact that Insane Panda controls my nation.

the attempted coup has now been foiled :)

This could turn out to be the worst waste of time ever to disgrace this forum, but here goes anyway…

Not really - even if this dies, its a promising new concept. Don't be so pessimistic. ;)

Nice start. Graphics supreme as always. Pangari is Lord_Iggy's. ;)

Btw, what's the policy on stories?

Das said:
Btw, what's the policy on stories?

OK, extra points thingies will be awarded for stories!

LuckyMoose said:
Well spend my point on More settlers/cities. Cities to the west please.

Cool, will do that :)

How many free techs does a science spend point get you? Same to how many mil units per spend point... And can we split up a spend point?

Did you get my orders Daft? I mean that in more ways than one. :p

You sure that the two of you are at war? That could've been a mere barbarian attack, you know...

I'm interested in a hidden nation, maybe a European barbarian tribe, along the lines of English, Irish, maybe even Viking. Let me know!

Top Bottom