1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ4 PBEM Replacement Players Hall

Discussion in 'Civ4 - PBEM Games' started by Redman, Feb 7, 2006.

1. Eclipse4449

Eclipse4449 Deity

Thank you for your help so far, I understand Diadochi can be Retired the next turn I get

Tigranes (IALS) would be great for you, I will write you soon about it

2. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

It was me confusing owners of Germany. Obviously I would never consider retiring Russia. :D

3. Luthor_Saxburg

Luthor_Saxburg Vassal of Civilization

***POSITION FILLED***

This is a long shot but... I'll try.

In the Yamato game where one Civ (Germany) only has one city and not much hope of winning. Survival is almost assured for the medium term (as it has one city in the middle of the island and has significant land and air forces), but winning seems almost impossible...

If you like a (very) fast game without much responsability, without having to think too much, where you can conduct experiences without much consequences or just try to see how a PBEM goes (if you're newbie for instance)... try it out. If you decide to drop out in 2 or 3 turns, no problem!

Take a look at the thread:
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=532262

4. Eclipse4449

Eclipse4449 Deity

I am looking for a replacement player for a game named "Hub - Always War PBEM".

It is an all human (6) player game, setup to be always war on a "Hub" generated map.

I am Persia and it is 1160AD, I'm in 3rd position not far behind the 2nd leader and my strength and position is very good.

If this sounds interesting "PM" me and I will describe more in depth that I cannot explain in the open because it is an "All War" game

5. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

PM sent!

6. Eclipse4449

Eclipse4449 Deity

Greetings everyone

I am playing as Japan in Earth, 1000 AD - A Historical PBEM

Mighty Japan was once powerful enough to invade and conquer Korea and hold it until just recently, but Korea has been raised by the Raider Nation of Mongolia.

But the Empire of Japan is intact and is strong and if Mongolia does not win this game it has just as good of a chance as any Civilization in this game.

If you are interested please PM me for further details

7. sinimusta

sinimusta el capitano

8. Imp. Knoedel

Imp. Knoedel Properly Paranoid Proletarian

You messed up the link.

Might I take a look at the most recent turn? Not sure if I'll take it, but I guess you can keep me in mind if nobody else speaks up.

9. sinimusta

sinimusta el capitano

Sent you the save for taking a look, please tell me if you want it.

10. Rodrigo Costa

Rodrigo Costa Emperor

A replacement is needed for the PBEM The Giant: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=520133

4 Players + 1 Giant (AI - Russia) + 1 AI (Ottomans). The Giant still leads the game.

You will play Germany, which is currently 3rd, but not far behind the 2nd and 1st places.

***Position filled***

11. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

Ok, Middle East game needs motivated pro Western person to help Israel in the moment of crisis. 72 turns of peace were interrupted by triumphant Communist attack on Israel with Arabs backing East and Iran backing West. But West and Israel just lost their combined human leader! PM me if interested to turn the tide and save the day!!!

12. Luthor_Saxburg

The next couple of months are going to be dedicated to other things than Civ... I will be leaving for holidays in June, will work like crazy in July and have some more holidays in August.

So.... I'm looking for a temporary or permanent replacement in the following games:
    Ials
    Crazytown
    Give me 18
    RandomEmpires

In all of them I am more or less in the middle of the score. I can send you my files, if you want.

13. PatriotNorwood

PatriotNorwood Howdy!

14. Hercules90

Hercules90 Deity

Could you email .me a save to see if I can open it. The saves posted earlier download as a php file.

I had a look at the scenario a couple of years ago and it was tough.

15. PatriotNorwood

PatriotNorwood Howdy!

Yes I can, but I have the same issue as you do, and have found a fix.

When you click download, click save as, and click on the dropdown box that says php on it, and switch to all files. Then rename the file and add .CivBeyondSwordSave to the end of it.

Attached Files:

16. Hercules90

Hercules90 Deity

Thanks for the tip. Yes I eventually got the test save to work.

So if there is still a slot I will take whatever faction is available.

But treat me as a novice still for the early period.

17. PatriotNorwood

PatriotNorwood Howdy!

Alright, I'll ask in the thread.

18. Luthor_Saxburg

I will leave for holidays on June 5th and came back on the 19th. Sorry for the disturbance in the games I'm in.

19. AdrienIer

AdrienIer Deity

I'm going on holidays in July (from the 6th to the 23rd), I'd like to find a temporary replacement for the two RFC PBEMs I'm in (RFC Europe as the Netherlands and RFC Triumvirates as Rome).

20. Eclipse4449

Eclipse4449 Deity

Greetings everyone

I'm getting married June 27 followed by a honeymoon followed by eye surgeries and follow ups.
    I have a few more games I enjoy very much and have kept them as long as I could

Olympus ( this is a Quest driven RPG BTS game), but you need not worry about the RPG element. )

Civilization is Space ( this the mod "Final Frontier Plus" ) This feels much different than BTS and it is probably why I like it so much.

Crazytown ( This is BTS but EVERYTHING is random, bananas on tundra, oasis on ice etc., currently at War and on the offense )

Planetfall ( This is a mod "Planetfall v16", this is absolutely challenging, nothing is what you are used to, you are on a new planet, all new resources and techs )

if slightly interested please email me at eclipse4449 AT gmail DOT com and I will give you complete details and I think you'll understand why I like THESE games so much.

These 4 games vary in turn around durations and this is vacation/Holiday season and may or may not be extremely active. I just need a sub for some of this summer