Civciv5's LH gallery

Your work is not terrible of course, and I agree that it's too rude to say anything like that
But in my opinion the quality of your LHs is from the early LH making period of Civ IV
(if you look back in the LH database, some of the very first fanmade LHs looked similar)
Fortunately the recent LH quality way surpassed this quality in the past years
You should continue working on your skills, at least if ratings are this important to you
There is plenty room to improve, that's for sure...

Also, most of the better looking LHs in your gallery have only small changes on them
They are way too obviously based on Ekmek's, Capo's or SaibotLieh's work
On a quick look at your LH gallery, I clearly see Ogedei, Jingu, Maria, Trung, Mandukhai, Dido, etc...
IMO those LHs should still be called as the original creator's work. If you put a hat and a few accessories on it, it won't make it your LH
I mean that you should make them distinctive enough before calling them yours...

This is my thread and I do not want rude comments so I friendly ask you to not violate the forum rules or call my work terrible.
My leaderheads are not terrible,they are fine,and NOBODY can convince me to change my mind.
You are free to have your opinion,not that your opinion interests me...

You don't "friendly" ask anyone, is the issue. You behave like a troll. You make a lot of drama over any criticisms leveled against your work and you attack others.

I second what Abs suggested, that before you start calling these "your" LHs, you should put more of your own work into them. As it stands, they're mainly just LHs that Capo, Ekmek, and others have made and you've jumbled together, slapping your name over it.

That is precisely my point. It is perfectly fine to start out like you are, that's how I started out (Charles V is Bernie's Castro that I edited btw), my first LH was Gustav Adolph which was just a slightly revised Van Der Donck LH. So I am not trashing you, on the contrary I was trying to give you some advice, advice that I took and I improved greatly. Rather than get upset you should take it into consideration.

You are trying to help me,but the problem is not that I don't want to learn how to make better leaderheads,but that I can't learn it. I mostly don't understand blender and all that guides that help you to make leaderheads. I do my best to try to be accepted and appreciated by this community,I do everything that I can to make good leaderheads.
And I'm rejected by most people who rate my leaderheads as third class.
While I agree that some are less good,I believe that they are good and if I learned one thing on school then it is this:"Your opinion is the most important,don't matter what other people think,if you believe that it is so,then it's true".
I always give credits to its original makers and that's enough for me.

"Your opinion is the most important,don't matter what other people think,if you believe that it is so,then it's true".

Well, while that may be true of many things it isn't applicable to everything. You should still try to learn man, you'll definitely feel better and get a lot more range with your work if you took some time to do it. Just have patience, it doesn't happen overnight. Don't expect it to take a day. They don't say "Rome wasn't built in a day" for a reason.

Moderator Action: I think the discussion about specific users' behavior has been sufficiently clear and don't see how it improves the discussion to continue it.

Apparently it is not sufficiently clear, and the purpose of the discussion is to get another good leaderhead maker to become another great leaderhead maker. All he needs is to put in some effort to learn and I hope he can learn that from this discussion.

All he needs is to put in some effort to learn and I hope he can learn that from this discussion.
What do you suggest?
I first learned how to place and remove stuff on and from leaderheads.
Then I learned how to adjust and reskin a texture.
Then I learned how to sculpt leaderheads.
So,what's the next step?

if I learned one thing on school then it is this:"Your opinion is the most important,don't matter what other people think,if you believe that it is so,then it's true".

not sure what kind of school you went to, but that is blatantly false in every way :crazyeye:

Taste / style / art may be in the eye of the beholder (and even then there are objective criteria that can be applied, the only non-objective thing about it is whether you like it or not), but facts definitely are not. The earth is not flat just because I firmly believe it is.

not sure what kind of school you went to, but that is blatantly false in every way
That's your opinion,but I learned that your own opinion is the most important.
However when it comes to things that are proven (facts) then the rule expires.

The leaders are fine, but maybe you should focus on quality rather than quantity.

What do you suggest?
I first learned how to place and remove stuff on and from leaderheads.
Then I learned how to adjust and reskin a texture.
Then I learned how to sculpt leaderheads.
So,what's the next step?

Apply what you have learned to what you do. I can tell you could use some practice on resizing/fitting parts to leaders. You should also toy around with sculpting more than you are doing so there is more diversity in your base-LHs. Many of your LHs are obviously the same base, to the point that they look nearly identical to one-another. You certainly should start shadering because it makes them look more realistic. And of course you have plenty of the basics down, but once you start making new leaderheads you will eventually get better, it just takes practice, spend a lot of time on one specific leaderhead rather than pumping out four to five at a time. :goodjob:

That's your opinion,but I learned that your own opinion is the most important.
I don't want to stir up the old debate, but if you truly believe that, why do you care about ratings? Wouldn't it be enough that you're satisfied with your LHs then?

I don't want to stir up the old debate, but if you truly believe that, why do you care about ratings? Wouldn't it be enough that you're satisfied with your LHs then?
I don't care about the rating anymore.

I do like these leaderheads, and it'd be a shame to see you leave.

So here's a picture from an upcoming update of Ad Infinitum.

The Capo is right: Rome wasn't built in a day.

Most of your leaderheads are (almost) perfect, only those "last steps" are missing!
For example, shading. I haven't seen any shaded leaders of yours! Shading, however, is way too important to miss! Sometimes good lighting can make the errors of your leaderheads disappear. Also, you can make special lights, like moonlight at night for barbarian leaders for example, or the fire effect of Sitting Bull is quite easy to implement as well. Or there is this "morning effect", a sharp yellowish effect on your leader. And for all of these you don't even have to use Blender, or you don't have to have any knowledge about shading inside Blender, you can use NifSkope (and it is recommended to use). Unique animation can add so much, but it's difficult to achieve, so I don't really recommend it.

Remember, small effects (lighting, as I said) can be huge improvements to your leaderheads. And also, Blender is not a monster, it won't try to eat you! You can click on every button you'd like to, you can be curious about the program any time, and in a short time, you'll create the best details for your leaderheads. I've learned Blender for years, and yet, I still don't know much about it. The program is like the Universe: you learn more and more about it, but you'll never know everything about the whole.

About sculpting: try sculpting their face as well! We're all unique, none of us are the same, and it applies to the leaders as well. I've taken a look at your leaders, and I can find the base leaderhead in all of them! Your first priority is to "erase" its oldness, and make it somehow different from others! Attention, though! Sculpting the face MUST be done with huge care, or the animation would be screwed up!

I guess I've told everything. If you need a "how-to", that's a different question, but we can answer it. ;)
Good luck!

Top Bottom