(Civil Wonders) Prague Castle, Burj al Arab etc.

I understand. I'll think about it and soon put out a preview.

If it works out, there wouldn't be any extra Urartu walls. What do you think?

Thank you hrochland. For extra walls: Is this a design issue? (for example cityLsystem?) Or is this an art issue?

If this is a design issue, I will create a special feature for Urartu (example: every city gets free walls).

If this is an art issue, I can create new wall art. I will probably use Van Fortress as a model. Our team might try to make very large irregular rocks for the bottom of the wall, and then standard rocks for the rest.

Spoiler (Reconstructed) Walls from Van Fortress :

Urartu Walls.JPG

van_fortress_14.jpg

van_fortress_02.jpg

van_fortress_03.jpg

van_fortress_24.jpg

I hope this makes sense. I'm not very experienced with citysets, so I am very thankful for the art you create :king:

Oh, that's fantastic! Thank you hrochland.

Is it possible to make a two-part wall? The bottom part = natural rock formation. The top part = human masonry. Here is an example for texture:

Spoiler Two-Part Wall :

Urartu Two-Part Wall.jpg

Thank you very much hrochland :)

This is perfect, thank you hrochland :)

Really nice stone textures for the houses. The courtyard building is beautiful.

Thank you very much!

Thanks for getting the textures and style perfect, you are very talented :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Oh wow, this is outstanding. Thank you very much hrochland for your time and research. We really appreciate your help in recreating Urartu :)

This is brilliant hrochland!

Argishti I, Greatest King of Urartu, would also like to personally thank you:

"By the grace of the God Khaldi, Argishti, son of Menua, built this mighty stronghold and proclaimed it Erebuni for the greatness of Urartu and to instill fear among the enemy countries. Argishti says: The land was a desert – great works I accomplished upon it."

Spoiler Ancient Inscription at Erebuni Fortress :

Argishti Inscription.jpg

Thank you hrochland for bringing greatness to The Kingdom of Urartu :dance:

Thanks. In the end, I cheated the ancient cityset a little to leave something nice for the renaissance cityset.
I also did a small ingame test, thanks to which I was able to tune all the places where the buildings overlapped.
Now I will focus on city walls and then we will solve the cityset renaissance.

Cheated? Please cheat all the time if you can make buildings this gorgeous :goodjob:

In an earlier post you said you didn't think textures were your strong point...

I think you did a brilliant, very finessed job on texturing for Urartu. And I love the larger 'grand finale' buildings you added in the final stage.

I imagine the city walls will complement the cityset very nicely. Thank you again for your mighty efforts hrochland :w00t:

Top Bottom