1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

(Civil Wonders) Prague Castle, Burj al Arab etc.

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Graphics Modpacks' started by hrochland, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Sword_Of_Geddon

Sword_Of_Geddon Mysterious Jungle Warrior

Tested cityset in game works great. Will be making some changes/additions to the city set lineup for Anatolia whenever you feel your creations are finished. Any previews of what is to come btw? Its eating me up with ancipation.

2. hrochland

hrochland Prince

Have a nice day everyone. In 2007, Gir wrote in my thread that he used my Petra monastery in his mode, which allowed him to build unique buildings of other nations.
    I didn't use the mod then, I would be interested today, but the link is broken.
    Does anyone please have a copy of this mode from Gir?
    thanks for the reply :)

3. tantanmen

tantanmen Warlord

Hello hrochland,

I’ll try to help you find Gir’s Petra mod.

I know your art is in a lot of different mods :king: I’m searching through them for Gir’s unique Petra features. I’ll let you know if I find it (and then maybe we can extract it) :thumbsup:

4. Sword_Of_Geddon

I think Platyping has a wonder in his python library that is and uses that art. No?

5. hrochland

hrochland Prince

Thank you.

As for Platyping, I found Petra there, but not her python :(

6. Sword_Of_Geddon

Platyping had a few threads with the python work. The python work Is definitely in the big packs.

7. Sword_Of_Geddon

Hrochland wanted to share this with you: Ancient Caucasus1.jpg

8. Sword_Of_Geddon

Urartu sets represent Caucasus culture group(Armenia for example). Ancient one is the Neolithic, the second one is the ancient age. Really looks great.

Any progress on those Anatolia sets?

9. hrochland

hrochland Prince

As I wrote - I have downloaded the Platyping Pack, which advertises Perta monastery, for a long time, but I did not find a Petra python in it.

I like the screenshot. An extra long building that I deliberately tuned to connect two behind each other. I wonder if anyone could come up with an xml to make the streets do it.

About ren_anatolia-cityset, I think I finally found ideas that I would like to use. I will work on it this week every time I don't have work duties or watch biathlon :)

tantanmen likes this.
  10. Sword_Of_Geddon

Thankyou :)

I love the look of the Caucasus churchs(Armenia/Georgia etc). Only St.gregories was made. I am using that as the palace for Caucasus Ancient and Classical. But if you look at screenshots of those churchs. They look amazing. Inspired Byzantine architecture apparently. Armenia church building is pretty old!

11. hrochland

hrochland Prince

I have been planning one such church seven years ago, but I have not yet reached it.
    Now for example, in addition to citysets, I do barracks, library, courthouse etc. for South America

tantanmen likes this.
  12. Sword_Of_Geddon

That sounds really interesting!

13. tantanmen

tantanmen Warlord

Yeah, I'll also be interested to see your South American designs :)

Okay, I used the searchword 'Petra' to dig through my mod collection. No luck so far, sorry.

Spoiler a couple more ideas :
    Gir signed on a few months ago. Maybe you can post on his profile page?

Has anyone been able to load the full version of Orion's Grand Inquisition 403?

When I was a kid, I watched all the James Bond 007 movies. For Your Eyes Only (maybe not the best?) really captured my imagination. For a year, I wanted to train to become a biathlete when I grew up. But... never learned to cross- country ski, never learned to fire a rifle :lol:

It's an incredible sport: the endurance, the breath control and precision shooting (with a heart rate of 175 bpm while standing completely still!) - Fascinating to watch. POV cameras make the distance events a lot more fun.

Are you watching the Pokljuka WC? Do you have a favorite event?

hrochland likes this.
  14. hrochland

hrochland Prince

I will expose something in time. Mostly it's a combination of my work and europa universalis conversions by Walter. I mainly learn to work with texture. That used to be my big weakness.

Thanks for helping with finding the Gir code. I'm giving up for now. I found a replacement. I'm looking for a way to change the look of an aqueduct over time.

Yes. I watch WC in Pokljuka. It is a popular destination for Czech competitors. Unfortunately, after the departure of Gabriela Koukalová, we experience a change for younger competitors (With the exception of the great Markéta Davidová.), so I support ours, but I look at Norwegians. :) They are especially good this year.

tantanmen likes this.
  15. Sword_Of_Geddon

Hows everything going with your projects here?

16. Sword_Of_Geddon

Looking forward to the surprise that is the Anatolia sets. Spillnstains has been kind enough to provide so awesome units from the area. I will talk to him about releasing the entire set(will need to be organzied).

17. hrochland

hrochland Prince

I know that the promised set is still missing here. I am sorry. I try to do my job despite the limitations and the covid situation in the Czech Republic is very restrictive even if you want to go buy food.
    Please be patient.

18. Sword_Of_Geddon

I am don't worry was just wondering, been afew weeks. I am with you Hrochland hang in there man.

19. Sword_Of_Geddon

Hows things Hrochland? Its hard to get news from out of the country that is accurate. Hang in there.

20. hrochland

hrochland Prince

Thanks. I think we got out of the worst.