Civilization 6: Ethiopia

Civilization 6: Ethiopia v2.2

NerdByFate

Chieftain
NerdByFate submitted a new resource:

Civilization 6: Ethiopia - A Civilization 6 mod that adds the "Ethiopia" Civilization led by Haile Selassie.

In this mod for Civilization 6, the Ethiopian Civilization, led by Haile Selassie, joins the worlds stage to defend from imperialism once more. Can you create a civilization to stand the test of time?

Civilization Ability: Spirit of Adwa - +6 combat strength when fighting in friendly territory (considering buffing and would appreciate feedback +6 is now locked in ;))
Leader Ability: Pan Africanism - +30% border growth rate (stacks well with...

Read more about this resource...

In this mod for Civilization 6, the Ethiopian Civilization, led by Haile Selassie, joins the worlds stage to defend from imperialism once more. Can you create a civilization to stand the test of time?

Civilization Ability: Spirit of Adwa - +6 combat strength when fighting in friendly territory (considering buffing and would appreciate feedback +6 is now locked in ;) )
Leader Ability: Pan Africanism - +30% border growth rate (stacks well with religious settlements)
Unique Unit: Mehal Sefari - Replaces Infantry with +10 combat strength
Unique Building: Stele - Replaces Monument and provides +2 faith along side +2 culture

Added TSL support for Giant Earth, Greatest Earth, and Largest Earth (YnAMP).

Source code on github

Last edited:
+6 is already huge - early game barbarians will be defensible with just scouts or wounded units, and Ethiopia will trounce otherwise-identical units throughout the game. If you raise it even higher it will become way OP.

Even with that, this is the most balanced looking new-civ mod I see here - good work!

+6 is already huge - early game barbarians will be defensible with just scouts or wounded units, and Ethiopia will trounce otherwise-identical units throughout the game. If you raise it even higher it will become way OP.

Even with that, this is the most balanced looking new-civ mod I see here - good work!
You make a good point, and I agree. I'll leave the +6 alone. Thank you for your feedback!

Agree with above, this is the best balanced new civ mod currently available. I have a couple suggestions, mostly in the flavor department:

1. Pan-Africanism - the bonus seems a bit out of flavor. I'd recommend changing to +30% growth on home continent, makes it fit a lot better in my mind.
2. Mehal Sefari - a little bit bland IMO (though probably balanced fine). I think this unit would be more exciting if it traded it's power boost for earlier availability, maybe even available at colonialism (though this would require a power cut).

I noticed that this is one of the few mods that adds icons.

Having tried and failed to emulate that feat I just discovered that there's something about the atlases in a .blp file (by opening it in notepad).

I was under the impression that nobody had worked out how to create .blp file, so I (and others no doubt) would appreciate it if you could enlighten us on how please.

I noticed that this is one of the few mods that adds icons.

Having tried and failed to emulate that feat I just discovered that there's something about the atlases in a .blp file (by opening it in notepad).

I was under the impression that nobody had worked out how to create .blp file, so I (and others no doubt) would appreciate it if you could enlighten us on how please.
I'll make a guide within a few days, considering you aren't the first person to ask me about how I managed my textures. ;)

Last edited:
Hi there!

I chose Ethiopia as one of the civs of my YnAEMP map, but when I played the game I found out it never made part of the game.

The same counted for your Mongolian civ.

TSL support with this mod only works for Giant Earth, Greatest Earth, and Largest Earth. If you weren't using one of those, that would be why. If you were, then it should have worked (not sure why it wouldn't, as I have tested it with these maps).

i tried using this on the largest earth map and i get infinite waiting in between turns without seeing the actual map

i tried using this on the largest earth map and i get infinite waiting in between turns without seeing the actual map
Worked for me, last time I checked. I'm going to be spending the weekend after the upcoming weekend doing nothing but working on my mods, so I'll retest TSL then. ;)

Worked for me, last time I checked. I'm going to be spending the weekend after the upcoming weekend doing nothing but working on my mods, so I'll retest TSL then. ;)
i went to the largest earth folder and wrote this civ into the list of tsl vics, i think its working now

Hoe do you install this mod? :)
Place the folder inside the zip file into C:\Users\[INSERT YOUR WINDOWS USERNAME HERE]\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods -- unless you chose a different location for your civ files, in which case put the folder in that folder's "Mods" folder. If you find that too complicated, just subscribe to the Steam Workshop version: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=872525026&searchtext=ethiopia.

Note that this mod is currently not compatible with Rise & Fall.

Top Bottom