• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

[LP] Civilization VI: Leader Pass - Discussion Thread

The fact they're spreading this out over 4+ months is really the best news for those of us who felt the "final" state of the game was lacking. That's a lot of potential base game bug fixes. Very much looking forward to this.
To be honest, I don't see how this is beneficial for that. They've had plenty of time to fix them, an additional 6 months isn't really going to change much with respect to that, and they're just adding leaders and not messing with base mechanics, so it shouldn't introduce new bugs (beyond potentially with the new leaders).

The fact they're spreading this out over 4+ months is really the best news for those of us who felt the "final" state of the game was lacking. That's a lot of potential base game bug fixes. Very much looking forward to this.

Ye, but there is no single word about patches or fixes.
When they promote NFP one of major points was patches with every pack in most of marketing materials.

Hold up, if the GN pack is releasing six days from now...

Two Leader Reveal Videos
One Pack Livestream
One Update Explanation Video
+ --‐--------------------------------------------
Four videos

They have four videos to release with six days. Bloody hell, everybody buckle up, we're in for a long, busy six days.

Oh wow, I wasn’t expecting Persona Packs at all! 18 leaders is way more than I could’ve expected, especially for something that’s going to be free(!!!) for Anthrology/All-DLC owners

The first pack releases next Monday(!!!), which means we probably will be getting a first look every day for the rest of the week - Lincoln tomorrow, Ana Nzinga Thursday, S-alt-adin Friday?

Okay, I wanted the video to give us more information, but I'm really looking forward to the new leaders, especially Ana Nzinga, Nader Shah, Yongle, Ramses, Sejong and Ludwig II.

Could Julius Caesar's absence be because perhaps he was left for another pass? :shifty:

Cool.

To be clear, the only new content is leaders and personas? ie no other game content like units, game modes, scenarios etc?
We'll just have to wait and see. Maybe, maybe not. Hype yourself for the Leaders, but not for anything else, so that you shall not be disappointed.

Oh wow, I wasn’t expecting Persona Packs at all! 18 leaders is way more than I could’ve expected, especially for something that’s going to be free(!!!) for Anthrology/All-DLC owners

I'm getting this odd feeling it is not for All-DLC owners, despite what it seems to imply. I suspect I might need to pay €15 (on discount) for two personas (Teddy and Catherine) in order to get the Leader Pass for free...

(€15 is the discounted price if I wish to buy the New Frontier Pass. But I already own everything apart from the personas)

Cool.

To be clear, the only new content is leaders and personas? ie no other game content like units, game modes, scenarios etc?
I don't know if they would add more standard units or infrastructure at this point, but at least some new wonders I'd like to see.

Okay, I wanted the video to give us more information, but I'm really looking forward to the new leaders, especially Ana Nzinga, Nader Shah, Yongle, Ramses, Sejong and Ludwig II.

Could Julius Caesar's absence be because perhaps he was left for another pass? :shifty:
They could easily do a Julius Caesar / Hannibal / Persona-Dido trio pack in a hypothetical second pass

Minor gripes being that it really feels like Rome should have a 2nd leader and dear lord that's a lot of China (5 leader total options if you include personas)
Given the absolute bonkers history that China has gone through, and the sheer amount of Leaders that it's cycled through, I'm actually surprised we didn't get more Chinese Leaders sooner.

Sweet, that's a lot to look forward to in the near future!

Minor gripes being that it really feels like Rome should have a 2nd leader and dear lord that's a lot of China (5 leader total options if you include personas)

England will also have 5 apparently: Victoria, Alt Victoria, Eleanor, Elizabeth and Alt Harald.

They could easily do a Julius Caesar / Hannibal / Persona-Dido trio pack in a hypothetical second pass
Here we go again speculating about content that will most likely never exist. :lol:

To add my two cents to this, though, I'd like to see Hannibal have the ability to move his Units through Unpassable Tiles for a small health penalty in general, and not just Mountains.

Last edited:
Top Bottom