1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[NFP] Civilization VI: Possible New Civilizations Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Eagle Pursuit, May 11, 2020.

1. Josephias

Josephias Emperor

Noo.. are you saying we don't get an altertante Scots leader!! :cry:. I don't think we can take that as a hint. :mischief:

Was one of the most probable scenarios, as far as we discussed here... but, hey we will not be sure until confirmed.

2. Zaarin

Zaarin Chief Medical Officer, DS9

I find it highly unlikely that Kublai Khan will lead Vietnam so it might be too early to read too much into it. Still, a lot of people have been predicting Vietnam and Kublai Khan (whether for Mongolia or Mongolia and China) for a while so I don't think we can rule it out, either. The devs have been known to slyly drop us hints in the past.

3. Josephias

Josephias Emperor

Pack 5 has a new Civ and an alternate leader :mischief:. The readme would have the name of the pack, not the detail of the civ itself.

4. Lord Lakely

Lord Lakely Idea Fountain

To be honest I'm shocked the Civs haven't been leaked yet. Remember when GS Civs were leaked quasi *immediately* on 4C**n (not spelling that out loud because I don't wish to summon Beëlzebub from his shadow realm) or how a datamine revealed Ethiopia's UA?

Even during R&F, every Civ was more or less leaked (in Mapuche's case it being a screenshot that showed Lautaro's leader icon <3) before they were released, barring Georgia.

Very curious that we haven't heard anything from the other five. Even if we can accurately pinpoint 3 of the Civs (Vietnam, Portugal and Assyria), and make a strong educated guess at the alt (Mongolia), we still got zippo confirmation.

5. Mediocrity

Mediocrity Warlord

Well, one of the passes has a new leader and new civ so I'm guessing Kublai is the new leader and Vietnam is the new civ (with Vietnam having its own leader who isn't Kublai). I'm not sure if that's what you're saying or not...

6. AntSou

AntSou Emperor

Wait, we finally get some strong evidence in this thread piled with speculation and people just dismiss it?

I'M NOT HAVING IT.

ECONOMIC WIN MODE HYPE AT FULL THROTTLE!

7. Mediocrity

Mediocrity Warlord

I think everyone is a little paranoid that Firaxis will pull the rug out from under them, is all.

8. Zaarin

No, I agree with you. I think a Kublai Khan/Vietnam pack is very likely, even without the added evidence of the read me.

I don't think anyone is dismissing it, just interpreting it with caution. :p

9. AntSou

AntSou Emperor

NO CAUTION>

CAPS ALWAYS_ON_MODE MODE ACTIVATED>

Thenewwwguy and DWilson like this.
  10. Mediocrity

Mediocrity Warlord

Well, if we do indeed get Kublai, I'm assuming he'll probably use Mansa Musa's idle animations or something.

conorbebe and Thenewwwguy like this.
  11. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Mansa's, Barbarossa's or Qin's I think.

12. Jeppetto

Jeppetto Prince

I'd like Italy in that spot more but such is life.

EDIT: Would be funny If he had Ghenghis' animations

13. Mediocrity

Mediocrity Warlord

Qin might be a bit too on-the-nose considering the geopolitical/cultural proximity, especially if Kublai ends up leading china :p

14. Zaarin

Please don't be Mansa because he'll probably inherit that creepy laugh, just like Bolivar inherited Pedro's creepy laugh. :p But yeah, Kublai Khan should definitely be fat, and Musa and Qin are our "fat guy" options. I actually kind of expect Qin. Sure, he's right next door to Qin, but then again Bolivar is also right next door to Pedro so...

Jeppetto, Hawke9, conorbebe and 5 others like this.
  15. AntSou

AntSou Emperor

So whether this readme file can be trusted or not depends entirely on whether it was left in the DLC folder intentionally or accidentally.

If it was put there intentionally, then to me it confirms these things will be in the game. They wouldn't make such a dickish move... would they?

My fear is that the file was left in there unintentionally. If that's the case, I actually fear it might make it LESS likely we'll get either of those things. They'd use as example exactly the stuff which will not be in the game.

However, the README file is in full caps and it's the first thing you see when you open the folder. It's hard to see how anyone would miss it and forget to remove it.

Edit: Actually it's not the first thing you see but it's fairly accessible nonetheless.

conorbebe, PhoenicianGold and Zaarin like this.
  16. Kimiimaro

Kimiimaro King

Hmm... Vietnam would be a welcome addition by me. I could imagine them as an excellent turtle Civ.

As for Kublai, I'd be simply happy for the increased opportunity of hearing the amazing Mongolian themes should Mongolia double its number of leaders. China's theme isn't half bad either, should Firaxis decide to make another Eleanor out of him :p.

Hawke9 and Zaarin like this.
  17. Haig

Haig Deity

I wonder what the Alternate Economy game mode they reference could be?

Also @LordLakely what about "pinpointing Assyria"? Have I missed something?:)

Hawke9 likes this.
  18. Mediocrity

Mediocrity Warlord

From what I understand, the technical definition of "alternative economy" refers to sub-economies that primarily focus on small-scale communal cooperation rather than a large capitalist system.

I'm guessing that's not the case here.

Eagle Pursuit and AntSou like this.
  19. AsH2

AsH2 Prince

The former (sub-economies) is kind of what we already have, so..
    I guess, "world market".

Mediocrity likes this.
  20. PhoenicianGold

PhoenicianGold Emperor

One thing I find curious is that their example is with respect to expansion pack 2 (which is what Ethiopia also references, presumably to include volcanic soil and confirmed by express refered to the courser), and not to expansion pack 1, which is what we would expect for a leader for both China and Mongolia.

This means Kublai or Vietnam likely interact a bit with gathering storm mechanics, either new terrain or units.

I think it's probably real, though. I'm curious what "alternate economy" will amount to. Will we have full-blown corporations, or will it be more low-tech along the lines of the silk road and spice routes?

Last edited: Jul 23, 2020
    Hawke9, AntSou and Zaarin like this.