[NFP] Civilization VI: Possible New Civilizations Thread

I still think we have several more than Korea. At least Maya and maybe Scotland.

Maya has an interesting turtle-tall and gold-rich design besides the UD, and Scotland is more focused on Great People generation than plain yields. Both civs also have a good synergy between different abilities and bonuses (ehhh, besides the highlander part), while Korea is basically yields.

Also, facing Korean AI in a game means facing crossbowmen and musketeer literally one era earlier. Maya and Scotland AI won't skyrocket though tech tree; Mayan AI also has an infamous slow start.

Who do we think is the likely recipient of the Cultured Leader Agenda. Kublai? An assyrian/babylonian leader?

Well I'm not quite sure what you understood by my post you were responding to, but Kublai being fairly certain is pretty much what I was getting at with that post!
I was responding that I still think Kublai has a chance of being a dual leader though for both Mongolia and China.

Maya has an interesting turtle-tall and gold-rich design besides the UD, and Scotland is more focused on Great People generation than plain yields. Both civs also have a good synergy between different abilities and bonuses (ehhh, besides the highlander part), while Korea is basically yields.

Also, facing Korean AI in a game means facing crossbowmen and musketeer literally one era earlier. Maya and Scotland AI won't skyrocket though tech tree; Mayan AI also has an infamous slow start.
I was thinking in terms of victory conditions which to me it seems Maya and Scotland are both primarily focused toward science victory, at least from what I've seen.
I know the only time I played the Maya I got good science yields but yes production is a little lacking. Though with the gold you can buy builders late game with the Royal Society and use them to rush space projects.

Who do we think is the likely recipient of the Cultured Leader Agenda. Kublai? An assyrian/babylonian leader?
I can see Kublai maybe leaning towards a more cultured agenda. Something along the lines of uniting the two realms of Mongolia and China and him writing poetry? An Assyrian/Babylonian leader might be a mixture of both culture and science.

I can see Kublai maybe leaning towards a more cultured agenda. Something along the lines of uniting the two realms of Mongolia and China and him writing poetry? An Assyrian/Babylonian leader might be a mixture of both culture and science.

Historically speaking I wouldn't say Kublai is quite "cultured", especially compared to an Assyrian/Babylonian bibliophile ruler, but in this game we have a culture-focused China that he might leads.

I'm still holding out hope for a cultured Assyria.

I was responding that I still think Kublai has a chance of being a dual leader though for both Mongolia and China.

Right, and I'm also sure he will be a dual leader. I wasn't disagreeing with that, I was pointing out we already know it's him and yet people keep coming up with other suggestions (e.g Louis of Poland and Hungary).

George III as alt leader for Canada, America, Scotland and England, anyone?

Historically speaking I wouldn't say Kublai is quite "cultured", especially compared to an Assyrian/Babylonian bibliophile ruler, but in this game we have a culture-focused China that he might leads.
That's what I figured. He certainly would be more "cultured" than Genghis.

Alternatively maybe he wants to have a bigger navy than everybody else. :mischief:

Alternatively maybe he wants to have a bigger navy than everybody else. :mischief:
what if Kublai gets a really strong ability but as a counternerf he can’t win naval battles at all

IRL Kublai loved being surrounded by fortune-tellers and astrologer from every single civilization he had conquered/befriended, including but not limited to Mongolian Shamans, Taoists, Chinese Buddhists, Tibet Buddhists, Muslims, Nestorianism Christians, etc. He even asked Vietnam to send him some fortune-tellers in 1262. Don't know if this counts as "cultured" than his grandfather or not (divination-loving is a very Inner-Asian custom; Möngke Khan and Humayun had the same obsession with astrologers).

what if Kublai gets a really strong ability but as a counternerf he can’t win naval battles at all
I joked about it before but it would be interesting if his naval units did get reduced combat strength. It would make you rely on land combat, especially his cavalry more.

Some of the leader choices were made independent of popular demand though. Isn't the unexpected Gauls the most recent example? Leave it to Firaxis to pleasantly blindside fans Nintendo-style.

No, there was a cry for a deblobbed Celts, and fans were not satisfied that Scotland might be that replacement. Gaul is definitely a product of fan requests.

I have an inkling Palmyra will be in one of the packs, which i hope I'm wrong.
I hope you're right. Zenobia's a great choice to represent the Aramaic world.

No, there was a cry for a deblobbed Celts, and fans were not satisfied that Scotland might be that replacement. Gaul is definitely a product of fan requests.
I mean it was kind of unexpected when everybody is thinking Portugal, and some form of Italy, had a higher chance of possibly getting in for Europe.

But I agree that people weren't satisfied with Scotland as the possible "Celtic" faction and Gaul was the next best choice.

I mean it was kind of unexpected when everybody is thinking Portugal, and some form of Italy, had a higher chance of possibly getting in for Europe.

But I agree that people weren't satisfied with Scotland as the possible "Celtic" faction and Gaul was the next best choice.
It's timing was unexpected, but the idea had definitely been floated around the community for quite a while. Ambiorix was a surprise.

I know I'm definitely in the minority on this, but I have to side with my island roots and say I would've preferred the Irish. But Gaul is good too. Maybe Civ VII in 2025 or whatever.

Top Bottom