[NFP] Civilization VI: Possible New Civilizations Thread

Not saying you're wrong, but I have to point out that Central Asia was solidly Iranian until well into the Middle Ages (and quite a few Iranian peoples are still in Central Asia--Tajiks, Pashtuns, Balochi, Yaghnobis, etc.).
yup. It’s too bad that there aren’t proper Turkic central asian civ’s like the Timurids or the Kyrzig Sultanate, but that’s unfortunately the way it is :/

Iranic Central Asians represent about half of the history of the region though, sooo

Not saying you're wrong, but I have to point out that Central Asia was solidly Iranian until well into the Middle Ages (and quite a few Iranian peoples are still in Central Asia--Tajiks, Pashtuns, Balochi, Yaghnobis, etc.).
How about Ahmed Shah Durrani as Leader of an Afghan/Pashtun Civilization?

How about Ahmed Shah Durrani as Leader of an Afghan/Pashtun Civilization?
Like I said earlier, I'm not overly familiar with post-Antiquity Central Asia, but from a quick Google he sounds interesting.

So what is the forum's consensus for the last NFP civ pick?

All I have gathered from lightly browsing civ communities is that it will be a new civ with a female leader in either Central Asia, Oceania, or some such.

All I have gathered from lightly browsing civ communities is that it will be a new civ with a female leader in either Central Asia, Oceania, or some such.

I doubt it. It’s a mistake to take anything you see in a speculation thread as fact. These threads tend to become echo chambers.

It's most likely going to be a female Leader given 1/3 Leaders are female rule the devs seem to follow, but who knows? Don't take it as fact, and wait till next week.

I doubt it. It’s a mistake to take anything you see in a speculation thread as fact. These threads tend to become echo chambers.
Sad, but true most of the time.

Last edited:

True... but we also guessed them all :think: (other than Ambiorix)

Although tbf it's nearly impossible not to guess them all when your guesses include the entire spectrum of possibilities... :crazyeye:

It will probably be either Portugal or the Iroquois/other Native American tribe.

Central Asia and Oceania have popped up because people have been talking how they are underrepresented regions, but I don't think one from those regions are likely to be the final civ.

That being said I feel like North Africa is more underrepresented though and there are several female leaders such as Dihya of the Berbers or Sayyida al Hurra of Morocco.

Last edited:
It will probably be either Portugal or the Iroquois/other Native American tribe.

Central Asia and Oceania have popped up because people have been talking how they are underrepresented regions, but I don't think one from those regions are likely to be the final civ.

That being said I feel like North Africa is more underrepresented though and there are several female leaders such as Dihya of the Berbers or Sayyida al Hurra of Morocco.

In other words, there's a relatively short list of possibilities with variable likelihood, but the regulars in this thread haven't settled on any one civ in particular.

In other words, there's a relatively short list of possibilities with variable likelihood, but the regulars in this thread haven't settled on any one civ in particular.
I feel like most have come to the realization that it most likely will be Portugal, myself included, but many are hoping that it's not for various reasons. :mischief:

I would prefer Dihya (which was an Iconic Leader and still very much loved among Amazigh Moroccans) and Berbers over Morocco, since we already have 3 Muslim Civs, and I think we have enough of colonised Civs (and/or Cities). I'm more for origin Civs.

Last edited:

I dunno, like it was said, those threads did guess on every civ from the pass. Heck, I personally even made my predictions way back when the pass was being announced and up to now only got the European Civs wrong (I bet on Portugal and Ireland at the time xD).

Still, I don't quite get why this forum, in particular, thinks that Portugal or a Native American civ will be picked... Kind of a weird outlier from other communities now that I think about it, which is pretty interesting.

Anyway, I guess we will see. But I do have a bet on the last civ being Oceanic with a small side bet for the Phillippines. xP

I can see how it would confuse someone who just stumbled in here, but I don't think anyone here is really expecting a Central Asian or Oceanic or even North African civ for the final civ. This is really less of a "speculation" thread at this point and more of a "what I'd like to see" thread. :p To some extent that's been the case all along, but that has become doubly true since it became obvious NFP would have very few surprises.

Still, I don't quite get why this forum, in particular, thinks that Portugal or a Native American civ will be picked...
Because NFP has had no surprises except Gaul, and Gaul was a very small surprise given how frequently it's been discussed here. NFP was clearly intended to be the staples, and Portugal is the last missing staple. The possibility of a Native American dark horse is because Civ5 had two Native North American civs, and Civ6 only has one.

But I do have a bet on the last civ being Oceanic with a small side bet for the Phillippines. xP

I can see how it would confuse someone who just stumbled in here, but I don't think anyone here is really expecting a Central Asian or Oceanic or even North African civ for the final civ. This is really less of a "speculation" thread at this point and more of a "what I'd like to see" thread. :p To some extent that's been the case all along, but that has become doubly true since it became obvious NFP would have very few surprises.
Very true. We all want some of our favorite Civilizations in the game except me, who wants it all. :p
What other communities are you talking about?
Probably these.
https://www.weplayciv.com/forums/
https://forums.2k.com/forumdisplay.php?794-Civilization-VI-General-Discussion
Still, I don't quite get why this forum, in particular, thinks that Portugal or a Native American civ will be picked... Kind of a weird outlier from other communities now that I think about it, which is pretty interesting.
Well, I don't want to speak for other people, but here is why I think people think these certain ways:

NA Civilization: Most likely because South and Latin America were covered in pack 1, Africa was covered in pack 2, Europe had Pack 3, the Middle East had Pack 4, and Asia had Pack 5. Although, this could also be an argument for an Oceanic Civilization as well, as you stated.

Portugal: Because, as @Zaarin stated, it is a staple Civilization, and the NFP has had most of the staple Civilizations of the game in it.

I still hope it's not Portugal but.. It could be argued that Firaxis had 2 civs from the americas already which matches the pattern of Mapuche-Cree and Canada-Inca seen in the expacs so I am not sure I have much confidence in a North America pick even if that would be my preference.

I just checked weplayciv. The last comment regarding Civ 6 was July last year.

Completely forgot about the 2k forums :lol:

Anyway, I guess we will see. But I do have a bet on the last civ being Oceanic with a small side bet for the Phillippines. xP

The Philippines have been suggested before. I think Vietnam has made it considerably less likely, but the fact there's no Manila city-state in the game gives it some credence.

Edit: However... if they add Portugal, Manila will be an option as Trade/Maritime city-state :p.

I would prefer Dihya (which was an Iconic Leader and still very much loved among Amazigh Moroccans) and Berbers over Morocco, since we already have 3 Muslim Civs, and I think we have enough of colonised Civs (and/or Cities). I'm more for origin Civs.
I'd prefer the Berbers over Morocco too, but would take either.

I dunno, like it was said, those threads did guess on every civ from the pass. Heck, I personally even made my predictions way back when the pass was being announced and up to now only got the European Civs wrong (I bet on Portugal and Ireland at the time xD).

I feel like they are the most logical picks.

Portugal is the last big staple missing, and if this is the last civ I don't see them missing the game. Civ 5 also had two Native American tribes from North America and we currently only have the Cree.

Oceania to me already feels adequately represented with both the Maori and Australia.
The Philippines have been suggested before. I think Vietnam has made it considerably less likely, but the fact there's no Manila city-state in the game gives it some credence.

Edit: However... if they add Portugal, Manila will be an option as Trade/Maritime city-state :p.
There's no Manila city-state in the game because it's on Spain's city list along with Havana. :shifty:

Top Bottom