1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civilizations Reborn

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by 1SDAN, Sep 27, 2019.

1. 1SDAN

1SDAN Brother Lady

I forget where I got the cottage graphics. I think I just took a Native American building artstyle from somewhere. Probably History Rewritten or A New Dawn, I get most of my art from those two

The AI Mississippi collapse on contact, AI gets conquerors on all other native American nations (can't remember if they get conquerors against player AI Mississippi, can't remember if AI gets conquerors against the Inuit)

Crimean Lord likes this.
  2. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

I would say Realism Invictus is also a must have mod when it comes to sources for art, both buildings and units. (Personally I think it is even a better source than the mods you mention. Nevertheless the mods you mention are also great sources) In many occasions is can also be used for pedia texts as well.

Also PIE Ancient Europe is a great source, but is limited to a specific era/region it is focussed on. But for units/buildings from that era/region it is probably the best source.

Crimean Lord and 1SDAN like this.
  3. Radosław

Radosław Chieftain

Hi,

I deeply appreciate your work with adding new civs to game. I am already after game with Celts, Nubia and about half of new nations from Americas. And I realize that I see one disturbing case - in all these games I haven't seen any nation that was vassalized, neither peacefully nor by war. I tried many times to do this. Could you please inform if that option is disabled (not in game options, I checked worldbuilder and checked proper option) or it is a bug?

Thank you for your work and in advance for your response. I could only add that I hasn't have similar problem with basic version of DOC.

Edit: Sorry for my bad English, this is not my native language.

1SDAN likes this.
  4. 1SDAN

1SDAN Brother Lady

It's a bug. If I were to guess, it probably has something to do with the new effect I gave Elective. It seems I messed it up somehow. You're free to make a fork and try to fix it yourself, but I'm currently taking a break from modding to try to encourage people to playtest Leoreth's DoC.

Radosław likes this.
  5. phoenixfire7

phoenixfire7 Chieftain

I was playing as Burma but then Buddhism never spread to my cities, making the uhv impossible

6. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

I am curious about what prompted your undeniable focus on pre-Colombian civs in Peru/Bolivia region as opposed to, say, Central American cultures? Do you study them as your major or you are from that region, please?

7. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

RFC Asia had a cool Piligrim unit who becomes a missionary after visiting Holy Cities. I think it can be a pretty neat mechanic even for the "vanila" DoC.

Publicola likes this.
  8. 1SDAN

1SDAN Brother Lady

Mainly just because there were a plethora of suggestions for them, the Norte Chico were there and were the only Cradle of Civilization not in the mod. If you notice, most of the Civs are based on suggestions I was given, as I'm not very good at research. I will say though that the Norte Chico is my favourite of the 6 Cradles of Civilization, the concept of Complex Civilization without Pottery fascinates me. My major is Computer Science and I'm from Massachussets, so I don't think those influenced my focus on the region.

Krieger-FS and Tigranes like this.
  9. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

Yeah it's pretty cool, never heard of them to my shame. Side question: I don't think your fist page civ list mentions Olmecs, are they in?

10. 1SDAN

1SDAN Brother Lady

They are, I wasn't in much of a habit of updating the OP back when I was working on the mod

11. mysterious_stalker

mysterious_stalker Chieftain

Would you want some help with dynamic city names? Particularly the Celtic names are deeply unsatisfying, since they use tribe names and archaeological sites, even though there are a lot of city names of Celtic origin in Europe. E.g. Hallstatt is a Germanic name of a site in here, even though Vindobona/Vienna's name is Celtic in origin and I think it'd be much cooler to have it in instead of Hallstatt. There are a lot of other things which I'd fix as well.

12. 1SDAN

1SDAN Brother Lady

Absolutely! I'm not currently maintaining DCR but I'd gladly accept any pull requests you or others may submit. Though I don't frequent its Github much anymore so feel free to give me a heads up in DMs or here.

13. Krieger-FS

Krieger-FS Chieftain

Months ago I did some research about this issue and made some suggestions for the map here. I couldn't make git requests (I'm absolutely terrible in all things related to modding), but perhaps these suggestions can help you somehow.

14. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

Can you please do it now? Just to document all the features of this modmod.

15. 1SDAN

1SDAN Brother Lady

Sure!

Tigranes likes this.
  16. 1SDAN

1SDAN Brother Lady

That should be just about everything. Again, I feel I should remind everyone that I'd much prefer they playtest DoC and work on Pull Requests for it if able.

I also feel that I should state that I do not plan to develop this mod much further in the near future. My experiences playing the Revolutions mod inspired me with some incredible ideas which, should I return to making my own modmodmod, I'd very much like to try to implement. That, combined with the amazing opportunities granted by the new Period System in DoC, has convinced me to take a new approach to adding Civilizations going forwards.

That said, please do not hold your breath for that new mod, as I will only begin developing it after the next official release of DoC, in order to ensure stability (even if my mods aren't really known for it)

As such, I will again and again reiterate and remind that I'd prefer we focus our playing, modding, and discussions to DoC.

17. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

Still do not see Olmecs in the updated list for some reason...

18. 1SDAN

1SDAN Brother Lady

My bad. I was going through the commits on Github so the lack of a full detail on the UU, UB, UP, and UHVs threw me off. The same almost happened for Lithuania.

19. 1SDAN

1SDAN Brother Lady

The Olmecs are added

20. phoenixfire7

phoenixfire7 Chieftain

Also the Egypt and Babylon changes aren't there. Neither are the rabbits