Clown Car VI: Hello, Goodbye. On to 2024.

I love the dancing around ****hole jokes. We should run for president! :cowboy:

Serious question: why would they?
They grew up in Mexico and have family and friends there. One would like to take her daughter there to show her where she grew up.

I love the dancing around ****hole jokes. We should run for president! :cowboy:
I don't get this post. Am I missing a reference as a notAmerican?

But Mexico is about the safest country in the world, what could possibly go wrong.

I had to check, 13th highest per capita Intentional homicide rate out of 230 countries (29.07/100,000). Lesotho and South Africa the only countries outside of the Americas that are higher. Man the americas are dangerous places. Afghanistan less than a quarter (6.66/100,000).

Couldn't possibly have anything to do with how the US has been feeding guns (this is usually euphemistically termed "security assistance" or "security cooperation") into this maelstrom since Ronald god-danged Reagan

Now that I'm thinking about it... :think:. "I know (X type of person) who won't even go to (place where X type of person typically comes from)" is a pretty common thing. Pretty mundane, I'd say.
Except in Mexico, being at the wrong place at the wrong time can get you killed or worse. Sure a Cancun resort is pretty safe, but that is not really Mexico.

Yes even for @Farm Boy, that one seems "lost out in the cornfield".

Nah, it's funny to figure out how people find it appropriate to talk about the ****holes to them. Especially after the last half decade.

I mean, it's sort of a snarky(buttface)? observation, sure. But from somebody who finds themselves filtered on the internet that is, in favor of newer wordcombos for old concepts, I am mostly actually amused at watching the humans in this regard.

Last edited:
Except in Mexico, being at the wrong place at the wrong time can get you killed or worse. Sure a Cancun resort is pretty safe, but that is not really Mexico.

I have a friend who grew up in Northern Ireland. After goiing to university in England hes never been back.

But if I think about it... I know a lot of (X type of person) who won't even go to (place where X type of person typically comes from), because "being at the wrong place at the wrong time there can get you killed or worse." Again, its a pretty common thing, outside a very select group/class of folks, globally.

In other words... If you don't feel like you can't/won't even go to a place where your particular type of person typically comes from, because being at the wrong place at the wrong time there can get you killed or worse... then you are in a pretty advantaged position, globally/socioeconomically speaking.

Last edited:
The countryside is beautiful either way. Lots of rocks.

The countryside is beautiful either way. Lots of rocks.
I would have thought that the amount of rain is a commonality that stands out a bit more.

Plenty of that too. Never super hot or super cold. I would describe it as perpetually moist*, but it's not what I would lead with.

*I haven't figured out how to capture the description of the soft-but-thin feeling of wet moss on rocks, yet.

Plenty of that too. Never super hot or super cold. I would describe it as perpetually moist*, but it's not what I would lead with.

*I haven't figured out how to capture the description of the soft-but-thin feeling of wet moss on rocks, yet.
Slippery

As an aside... playing The Long Dark has made me react to any subject like that with "Hmmm could I eat that? :think:

The sole reason the thing didn't fail?
Democracy's final guard rail?
A Murphy Brown hater
Who couldn't spell "tater."
I shudder, and tremble and quail.

Last edited:
The Jimmy Carter of vice-presidents then, the best ex one, possibly, we've had.

I do find it amusing that this was the phone a friend during Pence's temptation in the desert.

Top Bottom