1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Clown Car VI: Hello, Goodbye. On to 2024.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by AmazonQueen, Jan 16, 2021.

1. AmazonQueen

AmazonQueen Virago

Estebonrober and IglooDude like this.
  2. Ferocitus

Ferocitus Deity

I'll open the bidding with 4 No Trumps.

At least three Trump family members are either considering runs for office, or being urged to do so: Lara Trump ( wife of Eric), Don Jr, and Ivanka.

Ivanka’s political future comes into sharper focus
    https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/15/ivanka-trump-political-future-459758

One can only hope that the Trump brand will be a bit less fragrant by 2024.

AmazonQueen likes this.
  3. Farm Boy

Farm Boy The long wait

More just for the cultural issue. Shooting ranges are fun, but they cause enough crap just with noise and regulation that you don't really need to add a bunch of political crap to the usual political crap. Pretty sure the range near where I live bribed the county to override the village veto on special use night shoots each month due to the noise. Might as well move to Texas where the culture is friendlier*, seeing as a bunch of embezzlers in the nonprofit is a ridiculously predictable issue. Everyone will pay attention to the move, and forget to check if we threw any of them in the clink. Clever again.

*They might even attract a few more normalish people, diluting the crazy in the ranks. It's an organization that's gotten much weirder in the last 20-30 as the old generation farmers died off and you got the people who love doing simulated murder with 3 gun drills and whatnot. I miss the guys with black powder hobby kits. They made more sense.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
  4. IglooDude

IglooDude Enforcing Rule 34 Retired Moderator Supporter

The people that are urging them to run are missing one critical element, which is Donald's insatiable need for attention. Imagine Ivanka running for Senate somewhere. At what point does she claim that she's not in absolute lockstep with her father, and at what point does Donald then react to her disagreeing with him in some way and instinctively turn that into the biggest circus at all?

Personally I think she's smart enough to see it coming and quietly stay on the sidelines. Don Jr, not so much, he's been sucking down koolaid like it's a vaccination against losing, and I have no idea about Lara.

Lexicus likes this.
  5. AmazonQueen

AmazonQueen Virago

I think Ted Cruz could finally seize dame from Lindsay Graham.
    How many backflips and contortions and how much humiliation will a politician inflict on themselves just to keep a bit part in the show?

6. Estebonrober

Estebonrober Deity

but but

"I'm a staaaarrr!" . . .

Ok Rafael.

7. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I'll sit with you

Don't forget Kimberly Guilfoyle, Don Jr.'s fiancé.

Ferocitus likes this.
  8. Ziggy Stardust

Ziggy Stardust New Englander

9. Birdjaguar

Birdjaguar Hanafubuki Super Moderator Supporter

On the NRA:

NRA Files for Bankruptcy, Will Restructure

BY MARK MAREMONT AND JONATHAN RANDLES

sendos likes this.
  10. Valka D'Ur

Valka D'Ur Hosting Iron Pen in A&E Retired Moderator

I'm reminded of the time when our news site was full of buzz about Justin Trudeau meeting Trump and Ivanka and hosting some meeting about empowering women... it was a bit nauseating to watch her making goo-goo eyes at him.

I remember a couple of men in the comment section opining that she should run for President, and when I asked what qualifications she had, the answer was that "she's tall and beautiful."

No mention of whether she's smart, of course (I would really wonder about the collective sanity of the right wing U.S. voters if they ever even considered thinking about voting for anyone in that family again).

Lexicus likes this.
  11. r16

r16 not deity

hmm , for want of a non-offensive subscription post .

12. Arakhor

Arakhor Dremora Courtier Super Moderator

I'd recommend clicking Watch Thread above the first post instead.

mitsho and Sommerswerd like this.
  13. Takhisis

Takhisis Jinping, wer fragt uns?

Only if you can guarantee that our postcount from the earlier iterations of the thread will be kept.

So new issues from today's gif(t)s that keep on giving:
    -a man gets arrested in Washington, D.C., bearing a fake ID and firearms
    -I've read a comment that Zuckerberg and Dorsey only dared move against Trump after he had legally lost the election.

Food for thought, eh?

and a way to prevent Arakhor from deleting this post or infracting it ;-)

mitsho likes this.
  14. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I'll sit with you

and 500 rounds of ammo... and forged credentials to attend the inauguration... don't forget that...

So... basically... as assassin caught red handed.

15. r16

r16 not deity

that bigwigs daring to challenge an American President only after he lost elections is a normal thing and actually positive . Because they might have kept supporting him after Trump lost the elections . Supposedly the Twitter guy is an hippie that supports freedom and whatnot and he maybe would not but fecebook looks like a magnet for the Right Wingers , when your impressions are solely made by media reports .

and uhm , you know , the first time it happened and the World shaked and trembled , it was a Turkish dude on his last day in Twitter when Trump's account was suspended , Trump era ending with US State Department declaring him non-president / resigned a full week or two before he will be officially out .

and no , by American standarts 500 rounds should be a practice amount , it will be trouble only when them guys bring out their tanks and stuff to march on Washington .

16. IglooDude

IglooDude Enforcing Rule 34 Retired Moderator Supporter

Indeed. I'm knee-deep in gun-nut-land and even I can't justify bringing 500 rounds of ammo anywhere except to a competition of some sort, or a battle. Though if the latter, I'm bringing a backup pistol and a bunch of friends with pistols. And rifles. And preferably artillery, air, and naval gunfire support. And actually I'd bring a backup pistol to the competition, too.

17. hobbsyoyo

hobbsyoyo Deity

This story is but one of several I have seen of Trump administration toadies "digging in" - they are installing loyalists into civil service jobs within the various agencies to thwart the incoming Biden administration. In other words, they are creating the "deep state" they decried for so long, which did not really exist (until now).

Hopefully Biden's team is able to extirpate them fast.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/16/politics/nsa-counsel-michael-ellis-christopher-miller/index.html

18. EnglishEdward

EnglishEdward Deity

The next Republican candidate for POTUS may be called Mike:

Mike Pence
    Mike Pompeo

Is there a CFC longlist?

19. AmazonQueen

AmazonQueen Virago

Heres my list divided into categories

Trump & Heirs: Donald Trump, Donald Trump Jr., Ivanka Trump

Trump Loyalists: Mike Pompeo, Josh Hawley, Ted Cruz

I May be a Right-wing Bleep But I'm not Trump: Tom Cotton