Coats cause inequality...

Dismissing them as unimportant or trivial implies that because you think they're trivial, women should think they're trivial and quit complaining. I've tried to explain why this isn't a trivial thing, and run up against a blank wall of even more "I don't care, this doesn't matter" attitude.

Instead, how about accepting the word of people who have either been in this situation or really do understand how it could happen?

Please provide a quote where someone dismissed it as unimportant or trivial.
All I saw was people questioning a school policy.

I don't think anyone here doesn't believe the situation could cause some embarrassment.
Embarrassment due to sexual bodily functions is not exclusive to just women.
Please stop making this a man/woman issue.

Dismissing them as unimportant or trivial implies that because you think they're trivial, women should think they're trivial and quit complaining. I've tried to explain why this isn't a trivial thing, and run up against a blank wall of even more "I don't care, this doesn't matter" attitude.

Instead, how about accepting the word of people who have either been in this situation or really do understand how it could happen?

I'm not "dismissing" as unimportant or trivial any more than I'm dismissing the need for food. I am questioning where you draw the line on what institutions of learning should and should not provide given their constraints/efficiency. That question is consistently going unanswered, which makes asserting that others have a "don't care attitude" in this discussion disingenuous.

If people are to care that x should happen, it's useful to present coherent, self-consistent reasoning for x. We're on page 7 now. It shouldn't be this hard.

I don't see how quoted is relevant to the thread. Nothing anybody says here is likely to have a significant impact on the school's choices.

Well, it's about as relevant as your declaring that the school has lost your respect with this decision, wouldn't you say?

Please provide a quote where someone dismissed it as unimportant or trivial.
All I saw was people questioning a school policy.

I don't think anyone here doesn't believe the situation could cause some embarrassment.
Embarrassment due to sexual bodily functions is not exclusive to just women.
Please stop making this a man/woman issue.
Considering what we discussed earlier, don't even try to say that nobody dismissed it.

So you won't be providing a relevant quote from this thread?
OK

And no, I never dismissed it private either. You need to learn to read more carefully.

Well, it's about as relevant as your declaring that the school has lost your respect with this decision, wouldn't you say?

I wouldn't say that. I built a supporting argument for my conclusion that was on topic and it has neither been addressed nor refuted. Whether the school acts on what we say is not, and your response to this so far has been multiple red herrings.

Considering what we discussed earlier, don't even try to say that nobody dismissed it.

Usually in discussion there's a baseline expectation that what is discussed is based on what others say. It's not reasonable to quote posts, ignore their points in the response, and then claim said posts are dismissive.

If someone actually dismissed it in this thread it would be trivial to quote that as demonstration.

Top Bottom