• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

College Football 2009

What is wrong with this idea. Texas has great academics and great athletics. The best of all the potential expansion candidates. What makes this idea such a bad one.

Oh, and I forgot to say it in the other thread, congrats on your engagement.

Whats ******ed about it?

Granted, I don't want A&M, and Texas wouldnt want to do both OCC each year....

And congrats to both of you!

Cause it's Texas. It's just geographically nightmarish.

Thanks for the congrats!

Cause it's Texas. It's just geographically nightmarish.

It's not as bad as it might seem, especially considering that Texas already has to fly to all but two of the schools in the Big 12 (Baylor and A&M). I would honestly believe that it would be just as costly to go to charter a flight directly to Ames, IA or Lincoln, NE as it would be to Minneapolis or Columbus. Especially when you consider that their revenue will go up at least $100 million over the next ten years (at least $10 million per year, bare minimum).

It's not as bad as it might seem, especially considering that Texas already has to fly to all but two of the schools in the Big 12 (Baylor and A&M). I would honestly believe that it would be just as costly to go to charter a flight directly to Ames, IA or Lincoln, NE as it would be to Minneapolis or Columbus. Especially when you consider that their revenue will go up at least $100 million over the next ten years (at least $10 million per year, bare minimum).

It just doesn't look right on a map.

It just doesn't look right on a map.

South Florida in the Big East does?? Boston College in the ACC? Heck, Arizona traveling to Washington or Miami-BC is a further distance than any trip Texas would have to make in the Big Ten.

Just think about what Texas being in the Big 10 would do for the league. Like the blog said, think like a university president, not a fan.

Well the ball is currently moving with the expansion. The Pac10 has announced that it is now considering expansion. There aren't many serious candidates outside of Texas, Colorado, Texas A&M, and maybe Utah. They have to be looking at adding Colorado and one of the two Texas schools as they also said they are looking into creating their own network and that would give them two new valuable markets.

http://new.cbssports.com/general/st...conference-expansion-under-serious-evaluation

OH GOD PLEASE USC-Texas RIVALRY

I could always use more reasons to hate Kraznaya :mwaha:

Wait, USC actually having in-conference competition...what next, Boise State having a tough schedule! Ludicrous.

Boise State's schedule was tougher than Texas' this last year.

According to whom??? Boise State had a SOS that was ranked by most of the BCS computer polls around 100. Texas on the other hand was around 30.

lol I meant to say Texas' schedule wasn't much harder than Boise State's. Texas played 2 ranked teams - #21 Texas Tech and #14 Nebraska (in the Conference Championship). Boise State played #11 Oregon.

lol I meant to say Texas' schedule wasn't much harder than Boise State's. Texas played 2 ranked teams - #21 Texas Tech and #14 Nebraska (in the Conference Championship). Boise State played #11 Oregon.

So what you are saying is that Texas' schedule was at least twice as hard?

Wait, USC actually having in-conference competition...what next, Boise State having a tough schedule! Ludicrous.

*looks at this coming year's schedule*

Yeah, that's next on tap.

Top Bottom