Colonialist Legacies: Histories of the New World - Colonial and Pre-Colonial Civs

This thread seems to have died, it looks like Firaxis has been slow to provide tools for modders.

I hope a Philippines civ will be created. Manila is in Spain's citylist. :nono:
Reminds me of Portugal's citylist in Civ5, Goa...Luanda...Maputo...

A huge part of this being silent is all the work CL is doing on the CBR Mk III. And yes, no tools isn't helping.

Sorry if someone already mentionned that, but Canada's UU should be "Coureur des bois", not "Courer de bois".

Sorry if someone already mentionned that, but Canada's UU should be "Coureur des bois", not "Courer de bois".

Yeah, we've got that one. Its just a typo on that display. =)

Not sure if this was on purpose or not, but all of Canada's uniques minus Lester could easily be re-utilized for a Quebec or New France civilization in the event that Firaxis releases an official Canadian civ (which is actually pretty likely this time around I think).

And what? Filles du roi? I'm hoping that was sarcasm there, mate...

Not sure if this was on purpose or not, but all of Canada's uniques minus Lester could easily be re-utilized for a Quebec or New France civilization in the event that Firaxis releases an official Canadian civ (which is actually pretty likely this time around I think).

And what? Filles du roi? I'm hoping that was sarcasm there, mate...
I'm not too sure the odds that Firaxis would make Canada a civ. They'll probably just reuse civs from the previous games before making a new one.

I'm not too sure the odds that Firaxis would make Canada a civ. They'll probably just reuse civs from the previous games before making a new one.

I agree that there are a lot of civilizations that at least should come before Canada, and quite a few that I think will, but it seems that this time around they seem to be focusing a lot on civilizations based on their largest markets and Canada is the largest that is yet to have a civ of its own. Plus, they've shown that they don't care about being eurocentric or not, so it's not out of the realm of feasability. Add to that the fact that CL's Canada civ was one of the most successful civ 5 mods ever and that Canada is one of the civs most frequently requested by fans, I have the feeling that it will be added into the game, even if it's only by the last expansion.

It was on purpose in the sense that being a French colony is useful contrast to the other Anglosphere cultures, but we weren't thinking about what would happen if Firaxis released an official Civ.

Good News: Modding tools will be released in the next Civ 6 patch!

Bad News: so will Australia.

Well this sort of throws a wrench in the plans. Maybe this improves the release time for Vietnam and Canada?
I suppose they still could do Henry Parkes as an alternate leader to the base game civ.

Canada and Mexico soon to join? Then what mods would you guys make other than alternate leaders? Dominion of Newfoundland?

The newfies shall kill all comers with their humourous anecdotes and hysterically funny accents me boyo, me trout!
I would kill for a Newfounland mod that used the denonym Newfie. That being said, pretty sure CL will focus on other civs before adding something as obscure as Newfounland, such as Mexico, Philippines, and/or many native tribes.

I would kill for a Newfounland mod that used the denonym Newfie. That being said, pretty sure CL will focus on other civs before adding something as obscure as Newfounland, such as Mexico, Philippines, and/or many native tribes.

All joking aside, the Newfies, like most of the colonies during the world wars, were used as cannon fodder by the horrible British commanders. But if you look at it per capita, they were one of the most decorated group.

Top Bottom