Communitu_79

after several try generating more and more map i found that the amount of island generated with "pacific" rift is kindy small compare to the original communitas, i used to play a lot with those rift since it created some "new world" to explore mid game and create interesting diplomatic plot where everyone want "colonies" but with communitu79 this exploration is compromised, since island in the "pacific" became small OR a civ is already located here:
upload_2019-11-5_4-45-53.png
upload_2019-11-5_4-48-13.png

after several try generating more and more map i found that the amount of island generated with "pacific" rift is kindy small compare to the original communitas, i used to play a lot with those rift since it created some "new world" to explore mid game and create interesting diplomatic plot where everyone want "colonies" but with communitu79 this exploration is compromised, since island in the "pacific" became small OR a civ is already located here:
View attachment 538209View attachment 538210
It's intended. It reduces the chance of awful isolated starts.

Is it intended that when you select : Terra - Largest Continent for "Players Start, No city-state are placed on the "new world".

This lead to a very very tight start where there is a city at 10 plot all around you
No, this is not intended. More likely an oversight, since I never do terra maps. Something in the general rule for city states placement must be conflicting with that scenario. Maybe azum4roll knows better, since he fixed players allocation last time.

Version 1.14.0 is out!

Terra fix:
- Terra starts don't get the horizontal rift anymore. It divides the biggest continent into 2 pieces most of the time and that creates very cramped starts since Terra places ALL players on the largest area (island).
- Most city states should spawn on uninhabited areas.
- Increased minimum starting landmass size to 46% of total land (was 37%). Everyone should have enough space for at least 4 cities now.
- NOT FIXED: The new world being too small. @tu_79 please have a look. Maybe set a minimum size for the new world as well?
- NOT FIXED: ConnectSeasToOceans breaking starting continent into 2.
- We can either increase weight of land tiles for Terra maps in the algorithm or we can keep inner seas in Terra maps.​

Screenshot:

Strategic Balance:
- Now places one minor deposit of iron and horse 4-6 hexes from your starting position. Not too much, and not too close so you have to actively get them.
- Removed guaranteed oil.

Attachments

• Communitu_79a v1.14.0.zip
    79.7 KB · Views: 284
Would it be possible to prevent City-States spawn near Natural Wonders?
Natural Wonders are rare and are for Civilizations, not for City-States.

Version 1.14.0 is out!

Terra fix:
- Terra starts don't get the horizontal rift anymore. It divides the biggest continent into 2 pieces most of the time and that creates very cramped starts since Terra places ALL players on the largest area (island).
- Most city states should spawn on uninhabited areas.
- Increased minimum starting landmass size to 46% of total land (was 37%). Everyone should have enough space for at least 4 cities now.
- NOT FIXED: The new world being too small. @tu_79 please have a look. Maybe set a minimum size for the new world as well?
- NOT FIXED: ConnectSeasToOceans breaking starting continent into 2.
- We can either increase weight of land tiles for Terra maps in the algorithm or we can keep inner seas in Terra maps.​

Screenshot:

Strategic Balance:
- Now places one minor deposit of iron and horse 4-6 hexes from your starting position. Not too much, and not too close so you have to actively get them.
- Removed guaranteed oil.
Great!

I have an idea. What if the second ocean rift is set to happen wherever it divides the world into 40/60 percent of land tiles? Maybe its location is a bit forced, but it will produce more even continents.

Isn't this abit bad for civs like Mongolia and Venice who want to concur city-states for themselves?
They can have the ~3 city states on mainland and the ~4 city states on nearby islands that are not separated by rifts.

How possible or how hard is it to prevent one-tile rivers from being generated? I assume everyone finds them extremely annoying
20191118121224_1.jpg

I don't :p
Besides, isn't it good for you in that situation? You now have access to a river for baths, waterwheel etc...

Short rivers look unrealistic and ugly.
Baths and waterwheel are enabled by long river as well, but later in game you can't build a proper hydroplant on a one-tile river.
Also don't forget about Songhai. They have river starting bias. And I did see them starting on a one-tile river because of that.

Last edited:
Baths and waterwheel are enabled by long river as well, but later in game you can't build a proper hydroplant on a one-tile river.
Also don't forget about Songhai. They have river starting bias. And I did see them starting on a one-tile river because of that.
I don't find them ugly but it is a bit unrealistic the way they are portrayed; making all short rivers long would create too many rivers, though, but for Songhai it's obviously not ideal, yeah.
Putting that city on the hill will make it really nice for def, however: hill bonus plus river penalty for attackers from 2 out of 4 tiles is not bad...anyway, I mostly commented to say I don't find them "extremely annoying" as you asserted.

Wow that place sucks at production. Could be a challenging start for @CrazyG to try it out :lol:

I don't see any easy way to remove one-tile rivers.

There's a way. Reduce rain to 15_20% and increase watershed to near maximum. You get very long rivers, but very few. So I discarded that solution.

There's a way. Reduce rain to 15_20% and increase watershed to near maximum. You get very long rivers, but very few. So I discarded that solution.

The only place I found the word "watershed" is marked on the screenshot.
Could you guide me regarding changes I need to make in order to edit rivers?

2019-11-19.png

Try riverpercent 0.05 and watershed 5.0 to feel the difference and then tweak it to your tastes.
My point is, there is no "watershed" value. This word only appears in the 'comment'. See the screenshot.

Top Bottom