Cool Pictures XIII: Artistry is Everywhere!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the Trans-Canada Highway east of Golden, British Columbia. The name of this area is Kicking Horse Canyon (that's the Kicking Horse River to the left). This is one of the many dangerous stretches of the Trans-Canada in BC that is being widened and upgraded to make it safer.

I remember the first time traveling through here. It was the summer of 1967, I was 4, and utterly terrified because of all the switchbacks and steep roads. The scenery is spectacular, but the road is one where the drivers have to be especially careful. There have been quite a number of severe injuries and fatalities over the years. It's especially nerve-wracking in winter, with cars sharing the roadway with long-haul truckers (there are runaway lanes at some points in case truckers' brakes ever fail).

kicking-horse-canyon.png

This photo is from the article in tonight's CBC.ca newsletter. It explains that this route is going to be closed to all but local traffic for several days so highway crews can work on the reconstruction without having to worry about other traffic getting in the way. The article says that the necessary detours can add up to 90 minutes' extra travel time (decades ago before the Coquihalla Highway offered a shorter route through the mountains, it took 8-9 hours to get from Red Deer to Vernon, where we'd spend summer holidays either at my aunt and uncle's home or at the cabin on Okanagan Lake just over the mountain).

Trans-Canada Highway east of Golden to close for 5 days after Easter weekend

who cares for the wolf ? Like we don't pray to it or whatever ... You know , this set or whatever was among quite the first stuff ı downloaded 3 years ago from Artstation ...

and the 4 legs you should be scared of or whatever is randall-mackey-ilm-ride1-thumbs.jpg

... same artist ...

21-04-2023.jpg

berliet T100 , the largest truck of the world in the 1950s .

me and Disney does not involve others . Even Fractalsponge kinda famous for Disney stealing his CGI stuff and using it as if official property . If ı ever want to shoot a Star Wars movie ı will have my own CGI and whatever team .

Just enough sunlight!

Found out that Feynman learned to draw, and you can find many of his works online.

Three examples:

1682454467827.png

Not sure if those integrals, functions and differential equations were used to help with lines. (edit: apparently not; he was just writing them down in the strip bar - wait, maybe it's Bukowski after all :p )

1682454538044.png

Very expressionistic, reminds me a bit of Toulouse-Lautrec.

1682454651800.png

Generally, though, I can't say he was a talented artist. Which is a bit of a "failure", given he says that he did want to convey the wonder of nature, to people who aren't well-versed in physics. Would be hyperbolic to argue these works do that.

Last edited:
I saw this painting in the news recently because it dates from 1860 and the girl looks like she’s holding an iPhone. According to the article, it’s really a prayer book.

View attachment 660676
That is just them trying to cover up for the time travellers.

that's why it is famous . Though we will no longer see Putin the Time Traveller

0_Two-photos-of-Vladimir-Putin-from-1920-and-1941-prove-time-travel-is-real.jpg

This picture was taken by a friend of my wife. It took 6 hours and was one of ~8600 taken in those hours. It is a swallow in flight over water.

Swallow.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom